Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What did you think of Solo?”

• Loved it! 49 votes
      30%
    • Liked it 49 votes
      30%
    • It was ok 43 votes
      26%
    • Hated it! 25 votes
      15%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSEpKUlV4AAdAeq (resized).jpg
    solo04 (resized).jpg
    solo (resized).JPG
    A Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpg
    8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg
    ted star wars solo F (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

Kinda boring. Well starting to run dry.

Strongly recommend for viewing on your next flight.

#63 5 years ago

I just don't get this narrative that somehow this is an underappreciated comeback from TLJ and it's relative failure is due to fan backlash.

Outside of the prequels this is definetly the worst Star Wars movie ever made. It's boring, poorly cast, and really has no reason to exist outside of keeping the production line moving. The interesting "backstory" stuff could have been told in 10 minutes and almost all of the "Han lore" was better left to the imagination from the crumbs they had given us previously. This is a real problem when they take a supporting character and try to flesh it out to a feature movie - and I gather that's what they plan on doing from here on out. I mean...a Boba Fett movie?!

Rogue One was a ton more interesting and a much better movie.

It's better than nothing I guess, has some moments, but I'm not buying it. Obviously neither is the general public.

#69 5 years ago

Christ we are back on the woman/ Men's Rights star wars thing?

I saw no SJW agenda in Solo. Or maybe that was during the parts where I fell asleep.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtdouble:

Ok i never saw a full star wars move....I know. Can I start with this one and work my way back? Is that even an option?

Pointless. Watch the 1977-1983 movies and you are pretty much set. Watching them in some kind of chronological order will do NOTHING for you and likely detract from the experience. Some of the other movies are so bad you might not even have the urge to make it to the good ones "in order."

If you are really into it after watching those three original movies go from there.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtdouble:

ok.Can this be watched as a stand alone movie or will it make no sense?

Yes it could be.

Just don't be surprised when you watch the 1977 Star Wars and keep asking yourself if this is the same character and why you bothered to go see Solo.

Quoted from mittens:

I think we are just getting older, jaded and bitter. Certainly for me the movie excitement I had as a child has long gone. As a kid you were excited to go with your friends / family and seeing something on the large screen sharing popcorn and nibs.
    As an adult, I get frustrated about the parking at the mall, line ups at the theatre, $12.00 tickets and $10 popcorn. Then a seat on the side of the theatre near the front. Followed by another 35 minutes of commercials.... what an experience.

This is of course the big problem. Star Wars was basically a kids movie - it certainly wasn't aimed at the Godfather crowd.

1 week later
    #111 5 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

It had the worst box office performance of any starwars movie. The quit place made more money than this. I seen Solo twice and the second time was even worse. Will not even break 200 million.

I once saw Episode 1 a second time in the theater, in an attempt
    To prove to myself that my initial impression that it was terrible was incorrect.

I now longer go to a theater a second time to watch a bad Star Wars movie. In fact, in several cases since episode 1 - and I expect much more often in the future - I don’t even bother with an initial visit to the theater to see a bad Star Wars movie.

1 week later
    #115 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What I disliked was once again Disney adding political agenda elements to a Star Wars movie. The whole Lando being "into" his droid and the droid going on and on about equal rights for droids was political messaging. .

Honestly you should probably just stop watching stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-solo-what-did-you-think?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.