Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What did you think of Solo?”

• Loved it! 49 votes
      30%
    • Liked it 49 votes
      30%
    • It was ok 43 votes
      26%
    • Hated it! 25 votes
      15%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSEpKUlV4AAdAeq (resized).jpg
    solo04 (resized).jpg
    solo (resized).JPG
    A Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpg
    8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg
    ted star wars solo F (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 5 years ago

movies are going to crap in general .
    I too am Super hero'ed out and could care less about another Star Wars movie since most of the new ones suck.
    This was no exception. Another cash grab . Cash grabs is becoming the norm on movie's ,hobbies,clothes and anything else , I mean have you seen the price of that Supreme Pinball machine?
    Supreme the clothes line not that it is a SUPREME machine with cool modes or toys ,it is just a boring red and white machine from a clothes company / hell The Domino's or PAbst blue ribbon game looks better but are way less in $$$ than this crazy stripped game .
    Opps back to SOLO / It is for kids and no longer a serious Sci fi movie for adults that carries the legacy for fans /
    Didn't think the Chewie meets Han part was that memorable or long enough and was the most important thing in this movie and was done in minutes .
    So be prepared for more of the same let downs /
    I have seen better scripts and scenes in video games and by no means is it edge of your seat viewing any more .
    Train Heist was by far the best action sequence in the movie but not worth the price of admission sad to say . Was a big fan of SW now just a big SW Fan of Old also living in a swamp hiding , waiting for the Next Jedi to save the series !

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I think we are just getting older, jaded and bitter.

That is for sure as I am about to hit 50 .
    But I go with the same excitement I did when I was 8, hell I enjoy getting toys as much now as I was at 8 so I can not blame age for thinking the movies of today are all mostly crap

Here and there a movie comes out and I think it was great and I was excited I seen it and glad to have sat through it .
    only 4 come to mind in the last 5 years and they are Edge of Tomorrow ,Hatefull 8, Fury and Guardian's of the Galaxy the first one. And two or 3 of them are from 2014 which leaves a big gap of cash grab not important movies in between for me. And I see a lot of movie's , so much so I do not remember a lot of the one's that held no value.
    Meaning ,I did not get into them. not as invested as I was in the Star wars Universe.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is of course the big problem. Star Wars was basically a kids movie

When My Dad brought me it was only to get me out from under my moms Hand's for the day and was because he was a sci fi space Fan , so it appealed to my Dad not really me as I remember I wanted to see Smokey and the Bandit , Denied , I saw Star Wars and then became a Sci Fi Space fane that day forward . .
    I Do not think it was aimed at me because I didn't understand a lot of the Crap going on. Bar scene , Arm cut off/people choked out. Droids turned to slaves and getting hunted down like the people in the movie, to an 8 year old it was very scary proposition. Seemed more a space cowboy and indian show with space suits and robes . What got me into it was the whole space ship thing .
    Today it is for kids no doubt but before , not so much , Perhaps by The ROTJ movie it was for kids with them Ewoks put in . But before Ewoks it was a Sci Fi flick and a good one at that .

#82 5 years ago

did not know that on 3d movies .
    Great Hi Def is all you really need

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I guess I’ve just turned into one of the old guys on the balcony of muppets.

me too because I agree with Brijam

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

but I’m fairly convinced Star Wars hasn’t changed that much, the viewers have. .

I disagree / The Chewie explanation from Brijam is enough to show why. He was a chicken shit in 4,5,6 now a prequel comes out and the character has changed. not us the viewers . Also Han , Not at all the same demeaner and attitude at all, he changed. Lando He has changed . Enough is enough on explanations . May as well made him a Transgender and made Han African American ! Sort of like ZOD in Krypton !! Let us change history or the past movies to bend to new world Political correctness . Make sure every nationality/gender/sexuality has a character that can portray one of the above. let us not leave anybody out as it may offend people..
    The only offence I take personal is the way they changed the original characters and in no way have I changed how I saw the past movies as I see them again from time to time and the acting is the same in the old ones but has now changed dramatically.
    Sorry your little children has not picked up on the difference's and I don't expect children to do so. Adults should be able to and do

Anyway glad a lot enjoyed it . I have not enjoyed them personally . If they want to change the universe then start from scratch and have diff characters ,do not re invent and change ones that have been seen and accepted as they WERE .
    Rant over and yes I am old school .

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Wookies" tearing people's arms out when they lose...watch it again

I do not think he was playing 3d Chess in that underground cell// lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-solo-what-did-you-think?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.