Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What did you think of Solo?”

• Loved it! 49 votes
      30%
    • Liked it 49 votes
      30%
    • It was ok 43 votes
      26%
    • Hated it! 25 votes
      15%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSEpKUlV4AAdAeq (resized).jpg
    solo04 (resized).jpg
    solo (resized).JPG
    A Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpg
    8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg
    ted star wars solo F (resized).jpg
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

Just got home from the preview fan event. I actually liked it more then I thought I would.

#2 5 years ago

Well unless someone says I think they should make a themed pinball machine based on it, this may not be the right forum for that question

#3 5 years ago

Im going to see it Monday.....hoping Disney didnt fak this one up

#4 5 years ago

Saw it last night. I really enjoyed it. I thought the character development was spot on, visuals were great, and it was all around a great story! Gotta see it again this weekend, just to make sure haha

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from srcdube:

Well unless someone says I think they should make a themed pinball machine based on it, this may not be the right forum for that question

Please notice this is posted in the "off topic" section.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from srcdube:

I think they should make a themed pinball machine based on this movie.

Hope that makes you happy now.

#7 5 years ago

Yes, it was better than I thought! The writing was a bit weak, but overall a fun movie. It kept the action going and bullshit to a minimum...
    See it in 3D, natch!

ted star wars solo F (resized).jpgted star wars solo F (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it was better than I thought! The writing was a bit weak, but overall a fun movie. It kept the action going and bullshit to a minimum...
    See it in 3D, natch!

Yea after seeing it, it's a good 3D candidate. Especially for the maelstrom scene. How did the smokey atmosphere translate in 3D? Wondering if it makes at any harder to see. The wife was a little put off at first with the opening scene... "why is it so blurry?!". She's used to our 4K TV in a home environment. I assured her that it was just atmosphere and it would get better when that scene was over.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

I think they should make a themed pinball machine based on this movie.

#10 5 years ago

A

Quoted from Jgel:I think they should make a themed pinball machine based on this movie.

A Han Solo pin with extra Chewbacca would be possibly be the greatest theme ever for me. The Stern SW is severely lacking in the Chewbacca department.

#11 5 years ago

Also, can’t wait to see the movie. Getting surprisingly good reviews from what I can tell.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Please notice this is posted in the "off topic" section.

My bad... just jealous cause I haven’t seen it yet. I’ll drop in a few extra tokens the next time yer over

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

See it in 3D, natch!

Lando is checkin' you out and Chewy is checkin' Lando out. This feels a little uncomfortable....

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

This feels a little uncomfortable....

Feels just right to me; like an old catchers mitt.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Feels just right to me; like an old catchers mitt.

Let me down another beer and sort out how I feel.....

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

A

A Han Solo pin with extra Chewbacca would be possibly be the greatest theme ever for me. The Stern SW is severely lacking in the Chewbacca department.

Agree on the Stern machine 1000%

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Let me down another beer and sort out how I feel.....

That's right...let the beer flow through you...

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's right...let the beer flow through you...

That’s what I’m doin, happy summer fellas!

#19 5 years ago

I am so far removed from SW. Who is the dude dressed like Han? When did Danny Glover's son become Lando? Who the hell are those two people behind Ted? She looks constipated and he looks like he wants to sell me Folgers coffee.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Also, can’t wait to see the movie. Getting surprisingly good reviews from what I can tell.

I'd imagine Disney paid the critics very well before the showing. Good or bad movie irrelevant.

#21 5 years ago

I saw it last night. I was pleasantly surprised. Had a lot of humor and personality.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Im going to see it Monday.....hoping Disney didnt fak this one up

I read they made Lando Calrisean a "pansexual "

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yeah I just saw it and was really worried it was gonna be super lame with Lando and it wasn’t that bad. They “elude” he wants to bang his droid. And I’m kinda like “ehhh” about it. I’d bang those hot robots from West World so I guess I’m pansexual????

#24 5 years ago

I also just read that they replaced Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca with some new 7 footer just because Mayhew was balding.

8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg

#25 5 years ago

Best Disney SW movie yet. Even better than Rogue One, which I liked a lot.

#26 5 years ago

I found the lack of an epic vibe a bit off-putting when leaving a Star Wars movie. Adjusting for that it is a fun movie. More Chewie and Millennium Falcon is always a good thing.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I just read something about that today......I'm like, wtf is a "pansexual?"

#28 5 years ago

Kinda boring. Well starting to run dry.

Strongly recommend for viewing on your next flight.

#29 5 years ago

Saw it on Friday 7.5 Good in 3-D . Much better than I thought . I am glad I made the effort as I was not going to see it . Glad I did in 3-D.
    Rotten Tomato sums it up well .
    "Fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans who check their expectations at the theater door."

A Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpgA Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpg

#30 5 years ago

Saw it today. Really entertaining and the lead actor does a fine job.

Kind of sad it's getting kicked in the nuts because of how divisive Last Jedi was. It's leagues better than the (for some reason really popular) Rogue One but thanks to the backlash won't come anywhere near its box office.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Saw it on Friday 7.5 Good in 3-D . Much better than I thought . I am glad I made the effort as I was not going to see it . Glad I did in 3-D.
    Rotten Tomato sums it up well .
    "Fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans who check their expectations at the theater door."

I liked it. Not sure we'll ever see another epic Star Wars movie, but it was entertaining. That's good enough for me. The Last Jedi was awful in comparison.

#32 5 years ago

Solo casting was weak but movie was strong.

#33 5 years ago

Really didn't expect much, but wow, what a great, fun movie. Had more of a plot than I expected and gave me that Star Wars OT feeling. You can always count on Lawrence Kasdan.

#34 5 years ago

Enjoyed Deadpool 2....Laughed my ass off!

Oops, wrong thread!

#35 5 years ago

Two Thumbs Up!.... A cinematic "Tour De Force". This Summers "Must See" movie.

#36 5 years ago

I thought it was great! I went in with little expectations after seeing the tire fire that was the last Jedi! All in all, I was presently surprised at how good Solo turned out! It gives me hope for the future of the franchise as long as Rian Johnson isn't involved with a Star Wars movie! Ron Howard defiantly delivered an action packed, fun Star Wars adventure!

#37 5 years ago

Thanks to Disney, Star Wars fatigue has kicked in for a lot of folks. Combine that with the abomination that is Rian Johnson’s “The Last Jedi”, and you understand why most people have been ho-hum about making it out to watch Solo.

That said, this was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth a view in the theaters, unlike Star Wars movies in the past, doesn’t need a 2nd viewing until it comes out on Blu-Ray.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I just read something about that today......I'm like, wtf is a "pansexual?"

The interview , he said in space there were numurous beings to have relations with. So if he found "Mukor" atractive , well you know. Just so you know Mukor is the boss character from Ataris' Blasteroids video game.

#39 5 years ago

Nice solid film, a little slow to start but then gets its footing and is a fun time. You could tell some of the scenes the original directors had filmed as the tone was very different.

That came at the end though, oh makes me want a sequel!

#40 5 years ago

Positive review here..found the various aliens to be more in line with the original trilogy (some of them in the recent films seem forced), ending was great.

#41 5 years ago

Too much hate for the Last Jedi, IMO. I thought it was fine. Not amazing but a good middle movie. Hated the whole canto bite horse racing scene. Besides that, I think it’s was good.

Back on topic, I really liked solo. Lando was amazing. Did anyone else think sometimes his voice was too spot on for Billy Dee Williams? Like maybe they auto tuned or used his voice somehow? I’d like some Lando spinoffs.

#42 5 years ago

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it.

LTG : )

#43 5 years ago

Just got home from seeing solo and thought it was a good movie, really enjoyed it.

I sense a possible sequel with more back story of Han and chewy going to Tatooine and their dealings with Jaba. Also more story of how young lando went from hustler to baron of cloud city.

I do hope the rumor is true of Lando being in episode 9.

#44 5 years ago

Saw Deadpool 2 and Star Wars this weekend. Deadpool was better, not even close.

#45 5 years ago

Big "Meh" from me, wife didn't care for it at all either. They need some fresh blood here and to slow down the SW movie train. Don't run this franchise into the ground.

#46 5 years ago

I enjoyed it, not as good as Rogue One IMO, found it to be a bit slow in places but I was entertained. I kinda laugh at the SW fatigue theory as Marvel is putting out a ton of movies and nobody is getting tired of them.

SW fans can be really fickle about the franchise might be because of the long history with the franchise where the movies took a lot of time to come out within releases, so now Disney has watered down the franchise with all these new movies.

I have no problem with more SW, tells a lot more about the background of the franchise and makes me want to see the old ones again to put all the pieces together.

#47 5 years ago

Haven't seen it yet but I hope Han doesn't die in this movie too.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I enjoyed it, not as good as Rogue One IMO, found it to be a bit slow in places but I was entertained. I kinda laugh at the SW fatigue theory as Marvel is putting out a ton of movies and nobody is getting tired of them.
    SW fans can be really fickle about the franchise might be because of the long history with the franchise where the movies took a lot of time to come out within releases, so now Disney has watered down the franchise with all these new movies.
    I have no problem with more SW, tells a lot more about the background of the franchise and makes me want to see the old ones again to put all the pieces together.

I am tired of the marvel movies .Way too many movies , I gave up trying to keep up with all the marvel movies a few years ago . Don't really care if I ever see another one . The 2 new main storyline Star Wars movies have been horrible in my opinion but I will still check out Solo .

#49 5 years ago

Marvel fatigue is real as well.

#50 5 years ago

Just saw it. I thought it was well worth seeing.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-solo-what-did-you-think?hl=gregh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.