(Topic ID: 68408)

Just saw my Star Trek LE on the factory floor!!!

By theke

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE 016.JPG
STLE 013.JPG
Star Trek LE 005-183.JPG
IMG_3827864778788.jpeg
ST Cel.jpg
ST Turkey.jpg
Bear by T-Day.jpg
Capture8-112.JPG
stcheck1.jpg
spockzoomin.gif
STLE.jpg
projector.jpg
1377030_10151951405699244_1003988477_n.jpg
1380372_10151952045569244_908465325_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

I am new to Colorado and looking around for places to play close to home.

Try 1up and 2up in Denver. Also Pinball Jones in Ft. Collins - a little bit of a drive, but SO worth it.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did Lonnie show them the Starfield projector?

Lonnie was supposed to show them the Starfield projector, but activated the Transporter instead. Now no one knows where the projector is ...

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

"Lonnie was supposed to show them the Starfield projector, but activated the Transporter instead. Now no one knows where the projector is ..."

The transporter?

<foghorn leghorn voice>
That ... that's a joke, son. A joke I say.
</foghorn leghorn voice>

Please tell me you know who Foghorn Leghorn is .....

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The rooster on Looney Tunes??

You did well except for the question marks ...

#118 10 years ago

I'm sure Stern isn't losing a penny if these are being sold at MSRP, no matter what country the sale is in.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just watched this game play video of ST Pro. No star field projector at all...

You realize that is because the projector isn't one of features on the Pro, right? Only on the LE and the Premium.

1 week later
#246 10 years ago

Why is everyone so impatient? What difference does a couple weeks make?

I've got an LE on the way and the delay doesn't bother me at all.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern needs to step it up to meet production deadlines and most important have a game that does not require tweaks and has complete code.

So you are privvy to Stern's production schedule for Star Trek? Mind posting it here? I'd like to understand just how bad this is.

The bitching and moaning about ship dates/delays here is getting silly. When a game is READY to be produced and shipped, it will be. No benefit to Stern or anyone to do otherwise. Nobody's life is going to be significantly impacted if a GAME (aka fancy toy) is going to arrive a few weeks later than some artificial ship date a Pinsider dreamed up based on third hand info and speculation.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Such crap. When a manufacturer wants to hit back-to-school... they hit it.
I don't buy this "ready" bs. Delivery dates are known for product. They just don't CARE to ship.

Still haven't seen your evidence that the delivery dates were known (and therefore "missed"). And making pinball machines is not like making blue jeans for K-Mart's back-to-school sale.

Add all the other things that bother you (none of which apparently mattered when you placed an order for an eight thousand dollar toy) and you have vaulted on to the "Top Ten Pinside Hypocrites" list. Good job!

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

OMFG... Really? Pinball machines are the same thing. You have a bill of materials... you order that bill of materials. You order 1000s of inserts, pfs, coils, and then pay someone to assemble them. It's MANUFACTURING. Thousands of companies do it well... what makes pinball a more difficult market to deal with manufacturing?

Of course making pinball machines is as easy as making blue jeans. That's why there are so many pinball manufactures in business these days.

You obviously don't understand. Just like you don't know what Stern's production schedule is.

If someone from Stern had said "thanks for your order - your machine will be delivered on <date>" and then they didn't, I'd agree with you for being upset. But that's not how it works.

Would you be happy with a product that was a piece of crap or didn't meet your expectations, but was delivered "on time"? Of course not. As far as Star Trek being "on time" the only schedule I've seen (since you don't seem to want to share the one you have) says "Winter 2013", so as far as I know deliveries are still on time.

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

BTW-GEX, you need to be on the lookout for a nice STTNG for me to add to my basement! I miss my old machine.

Bummer. Just sold mine. Perfect playfield too - no wear. Just sat in my basement for 15 years ... And my wife said the widebodys had to go. So a beautiful HH went with it ...

1 week later
#350 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Does Gary always always keep # 1? I was told that he does.

Gary lives in a small apartment. Maybe Stern (the company) keeps #1 for each LE, but I doubt Gary does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-my-star-trek-le-on-the-factory-floor?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.