(Topic ID: 68408)

Just saw my Star Trek LE on the factory floor!!!

By theke

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE 016.JPG
STLE 013.JPG
Star Trek LE 005-183.JPG
IMG_3827864778788.jpeg
ST Cel.jpg
ST Turkey.jpg
Bear by T-Day.jpg
Capture8-112.JPG
stcheck1.jpg
spockzoomin.gif
STLE.jpg
projector.jpg
1377030_10151951405699244_1003988477_n.jpg
1380372_10151952045569244_908465325_n.jpg
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 10 years ago

The nature of manufacturing is to juggle quality and engineering demands along with material and sub component parts availability merged into one to hit a delivery date and maintain cost.

Piece of cake....sometimes.

It really does not matter if its your lunch at McDonald's or your NIB pin, if its not to your satisfaction or the wait is too long get your money back and move along.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I think I speak for all of us, We would rather have it right, then Quick and wrong.
But I'm ready for them to be shipping too! already got a large shipping list sent to them and our Freight Broker to ship.
JJ

GEX, you nailed it. I am anxiously awaiting my STLE and your phone call…However, if waiting a week or two extra past what I was hoping would be the ship date is the worse thing that happens to me this year I think I’m gonna be OK. I think it will be worth the wait…and to be quite honest, no one ever promised me a shipping date. I just knew it would be October-November’ish.

BTW-GEX, you need to be on the lookout for a nice STTNG for me to add to my basement! I miss my old machine.

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You obviously don't understand. Just like you don't know what Stern's production schedule is.

Oh. Ok. That's it then... obviously I don't understand.

#304 10 years ago

I heard a factory burned down in China and that is why we have to wait for our LEs.

#305 10 years ago

Zitt did you actually make a purchase? I guess I don't get why you bitch and complain? If you purchased STLE then call Stern and bitch.

#306 10 years ago

Anyone watch this review yet??

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Anyone watch this review yet??

Just tried to but it's been removed.
What was on it?

#308 10 years ago

The delay doesn't bother me as long as we have it before Christmas but I'll really be pissed if they ship mine with that cyclops coin door. We got screwed out of the first LCD Stern, then they put that god awful red DMD in the game but thanks to ColorDMD and another $399.00 I can fix that screw up and now I see pictures of the LE with this cheap one slot coin door. Mine better have 2 coin slots like the pictures of the LE on their web site and the one on display at the factory tour. If not I'll be pissed.

#309 10 years ago

My TRON LE is one of those with a lame single-slot door. Still a little annoyed by that, though it does make it more unique (in the USA)

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Just tried to but it's been removed.
What was on it?

I guess the guy removed it. I like his reviews too. It was a review of Star Trek from Classic Game Room.

#311 10 years ago

No one truly KNOWS what problems Stern is having with the LE but Gary and his managers so I think we should all keep our traps shut before people start bursting blood vessels because of all the speculation. This bickering amongst ourselves is pointless and creating a lot of bad blood on the forum. PLEASE!! everyone calm down.

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No one truly KNOWS what problems Stern is having with the LE but Gary and his managers so I think we should all keep our traps shut before people start bursting blood vessels because of all the speculation. This bickering amongst ourselves is pointless and creating a lot of bad blood on the forum. PLEASE!! everyone calm down.

Bravo!
Well said!

Especially since the LEs bound for Australia are already in a container, in mint condition with no issues plaguing them, and in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (on a ship, not floating on the waves ).

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

The delay doesn't bother me as long as we have it before Christmas but I'll really be pissed if they ship mine with that cyclops coin door. We got screwed out of the first LCD Stern, then they put that god awful red DMD in the game but thanks to ColorDMD and another $399.00 I can fix that screw up and now I see pictures of the LE with this cheap one slot coin door. Mine better have 2 coin slots like the pictures of the LE on their web site and the one on display at the factory tour. If not I'll be pissed.

Single slots are for export, settle down

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Bravo!
Well said!
Especially since the LEs bound for Australia are already in a container, in mint condition with no issues plaguing them, and in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (on a ship, not floating on the waves ).

Do they have to sit in quarinteen?

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do they have to sit in quarinteen?

I dont know but I think during the long trip they have to keep them separated from the coinpusher and crane machines, otherwise they start talking smack to the pins.

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will never understand why we do not know more about this game
Mine have Been paid for weeks ago and we know very little
Very frustrating

I'll never understand why people pay for much for a toy when they know little about it. Not just picking on you, most LE buyers do the exact same thing.

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'll never understand why people pay for much for a toy when they know little about it.

It is a Steve Ritchie pin! That is all I got to know in this day and age .

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I guess the guy removed it. I like his reviews too. It was a review of Star Trek from Classic Game Room.

That's too bad, I really enjoy his videos.

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

BTW-GEX, you need to be on the lookout for a nice STTNG for me to add to my basement! I miss my old machine.

Bummer. Just sold mine. Perfect playfield too - no wear. Just sat in my basement for 15 years ... And my wife said the widebodys had to go. So a beautiful HH went with it ...

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I dont know but I think during the long trip they have to keep them separated from the coinpusher and crane machines, otherwise they start talking smack to the pins.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Aussies should have hit then?

Ours are in a container right now, and in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

(On a ship, not in the water)

#322 10 years ago

jfh........ugh! And you are just up the road. Darn it.

#323 10 years ago

Any news on the Shipments?

#324 10 years ago

So if it's been 2 weeks assuming 50 units per day even though their site says they can do 75 units per day then all the LE's could be done by now.

#325 10 years ago

Patience, Deep Breathing and perspective. It will work out- all in good time.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Thanks Quarter Grabber, the wait is killing me as it is. Looks like last week in November then. My luck I will get machine number 666 as well. LOL

Save that for Iron Maiden if it gets done.

1 week later
#327 10 years ago

Looks like no Turkey day STLE for me...It's soooo close, first of next week. Maybe.

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

It's soooo close, first of next week.

Ditto... Tuesday - can't wait!

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Any news on the Shipments?

Nothing at all. Emails ignored. You would think we could get something for how much these go for.

#330 10 years ago

"you'll have nothing and like it!"

-Caddyshack

#331 10 years ago

No Le for YOU! and non for me either ;(

#332 10 years ago

I'm still waiting as well

#333 10 years ago

I am guessing Sterns policy is send their biggest orders out first. Overseas and Canada, then their big distributors/operators , and the smaller distributors and everyone else last.

#334 10 years ago

Some of the US already received numbers seem on the lower side. Guessing the waiters are going to get some high numbers.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Some of the US already received numbers seem on the lower side. Guessing the waiters are going to get some high numbers.

Lower side is right. I received my STLE yesterday and I had to look twice at the number on the side of the box. I got STLE #2 !!!! YES , I said STLE # 2!! I can't believe it.

I always thought that you had to pay extra to get a number under 10, but this one was just sent to me . Must of been my lucky day! I never really did care which LE number I usually get, but getting # 2 is kinda net.

Does Gary always always keep # 1? I was told that he does.

#336 10 years ago

Double post

#337 10 years ago

Mine was delivered today. I got STLE #12

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

And? Are you enjoying it?
First impressions?

#339 10 years ago

#105 it's amazing, best pin I've owned to date.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Pics or it never happened.....

(Kidding and enjoy)

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

And? Are you enjoying it?
First impressions?

After I set it up I only had time to play a couple of games. I took some video wile I was setting it up and had to download that before I could get some game play video. The LE looks freakin fantastic. It's my first pin with a shaker and the Starfield Projector looks great in person, it even projects red dots in the back around the ship and really is a great effect. The only thing I have found slightly disappointing so far is the speakers don't light up like the one on display at the factory. Maybe they were reflecting on the glass so they made a change, just a guess. I left the playfield glass off to get some video but their is a warning in the back of the manual to not run the laser with the glass off. I should have some video soon.
Star Trek LE 005-183.JPGStar Trek LE 005-183.JPG
Post edited by SaminVA : added pic

#342 10 years ago

Looks like someone tested the integrity limits of that packaging........

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Looks like someone tested the integrity limits of that packaging........

Yea, but lucky their was no damage.

#344 10 years ago

I sure hope my box doesn't look like that when it hits my doorstep....everything OK?

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Lower side is right. I received my STLE yesterday and I had to look twice at the number on the side of the box. I got STLE #2 !!!! YES , I said STLE # 2!! I can't believe it.
I always thought that you had to pay extra to get a number under 10, but this one was just sent to me . Must of been my lucky day! I never really did care which LE number I usually get, but getting # 2 is kinda net.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

After I set it up I only had time to play a couple of games. I took some video wile I was setting it up and had to download that before I could get some game play video. The LE looks freakin fantastic. It's my first pin with a shaker and the Starfield Projector looks great in person, it even projects red dots in the back around the ship and really is a great effect. The only thing I have found slightly disappointing so far is the speakers don't light up like the one on display at the factory. Maybe they were reflecting on the glass so they made a change, just a guess. I left the playfield glass off to get some video but their is a warning in the back of the manual to not run the laser with the glass off. I should have some video soon.

Post edited by SaminVA : added pic

I would have refused shipment on that one. How can they even deliver something like that.

Star Trek LE 005-183.JPG 184 KB

#347 10 years ago

Their was no damage, not even a scratch.
STLE 013.JPGSTLE 013.JPG
STLE 016.JPGSTLE 016.JPG

#348 10 years ago

Purdy...

Now dim the lights and be the 1st to post a good video or pic of the star field projector.

#349 10 years ago

It's like watching the original tv series and then watching the new bluray movie - shows how much pinball machines have evolved when they are side by side. Looks pretty incredible.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Gary lives in a small apartment. Maybe Stern (the company) keeps #1 for each LE, but I doubt Gary does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-my-star-trek-le-on-the-factory-floor/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.