(Topic ID: 68408)

Just saw my Star Trek LE on the factory floor!!!

By theke

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE 016.JPG
STLE 013.JPG
Star Trek LE 005-183.JPG
IMG_3827864778788.jpeg
ST Cel.jpg
ST Turkey.jpg
Bear by T-Day.jpg
Capture8-112.JPG
stcheck1.jpg
spockzoomin.gif
STLE.jpg
projector.jpg
1377030_10151951405699244_1003988477_n.jpg
1380372_10151952045569244_908465325_n.jpg
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 10 years ago

My son reminded me this morning, only T -9 days.

#202 10 years ago

I hear it T-6 for us in Canada, going to be a long week!

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

I hear it T-6 for us in Canada, going to be a long week!

Hopefully we won't hear of another delay.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hopefully we won't hear of another delay.

Yes please no more delays! If there will be one you will hear it from a Canadian first. These delays are starting to really piss me off and they are giving me time to rethink the purchase. I hope the LE is a good one. Reports are the pro's playfields aren't holding up well to commercial routing use.

#205 10 years ago

Any word from someone down under? They said they would have them this week end.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes please no more delays! If there will be one you will hear it from a Canadian first. These delays are starting to really piss me off and they are giving me time to rethink the purchase. I hope the LE is a good one. Reports are the pro's playfields aren't holding up well to commercial routing use.

So what are the reports on the playfield?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So what are the reports on the playfield?

Read all the op's posts on this page of the thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/12

#208 10 years ago

T -6 for my friends up north, eh? That's really only equal to one dog day...Ha!

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

T -6 for my friends up north, eh? That's really only equal to one dog day...Ha!

LOL. wouldn't 7 be a dog day.

#210 10 years ago

Just a warning to everyone who wanted mirror blades, remember there are cycling lights on the inside of the Cab so you will not be able to put those on... I was about to order some and caught myself luckily... Sorta bummed actually.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Just a warning to everyone who wanted mirror blades, remember there are cycling lights on the inside of the Cab so you will not be able to put those on... I was about to order some and caught myself luckily... Sorta bummed actually.

Maybe they will create one that fits around them

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Maybe they will create one that fits around them

I think someone created some bitchin star field panels for the pro and is talking about making custom ones for the LEs.

#214 10 years ago

Eskaybee, is there a link to the information on these star field panels? Thanks.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Eskaybee, is there a link to the information on these star field panels? Thanks.

Right here

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-st-volunteer-for-new-mod

#216 10 years ago

Thanks QG, I did a search and completely missed it. BTW.....T -5 day's!

#217 10 years ago

Has anyone started a separate thread on the ST playfield cratering issue some have seen?
Let's see one, and keep track of it.

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Has anyone started a separate thread on the ST playfield cratering issue some have seen?
Let's see one, and keep track of it.

WTH?

#219 10 years ago

Yeah, check out the beginning of the issue contained here in this string we are in:

I think we need a separate new string if this is real, or a single instance. Let's track it. The more owners making noise about this, if it's an issue, the better. I've got an LE coming in and this is worrisome.

#220 10 years ago

Only one post about pitting in the playfield. I haven't heard anything else about the game other than the screw above the pops and balls getting stuck.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Only one post about pitting in the playfield. I haven't heard anything else about the game other than the screw above the pops and balls getting stuck.

And keep in mind the person that states this "cratering" of the playfield has been quite vocal about not liking, even hating the game before he ever played it. So I don't know how true this "cratering" is without pics.

#222 10 years ago

Yup, I need to see pics of this "cratering" also

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

And keep in mind the person that states this "cratering" of the playfield has been quite vocal about not liking, even hating the game before he ever played it. So I don't know how true this "cratering" is without pics.

The ball hang up is the worst and its not that bad. My playfield is awesome. Have I taken a magnifying lens to it? NO. I play it. Its fun and fast. You guys will be very happy.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The ball hang up is the worst and its not that bad. My playfield is awesome. Have I taken a magnifying lens to it? NO. I play it. Its fun and fast. You guys will be very happy.

Thanks Guys. I was coming in late to the party. Saw a couple of posts, but yes by the same individual. I appreciate an owner of the machine putting out the flames.

#225 10 years ago

Yeah, check out the beginning of the issue contained here in this string we are in:
I think we need a separate new string if this is real, or a single instance. Let's track it. The more owners making noise about this, if it's an issue, the better. I've got an LE coming in and this is worrisome.

Molehill = Mountain?

#226 10 years ago

Every new game will go through this cratering stage. It is standard with all newer and a lot of older playfeilds. It starts with no dimples then more and more will appear. Eventually they all get knocked down and blend in-relax not a big deal at all. My Avengers had what I would call huge dimples, now all blended in and all good. Playing over time corrects this issue.

#227 10 years ago

Time for a reality check:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Yes, and from what i heard only one went to Alberta so going to be rare out here maybe run a special 5 bucks a game.LOLOL

A lot more than that coming here
I know of at least three here.

#229 10 years ago

Then my source is greatly mistaken here in bc.

#230 10 years ago

T -4 day's....

#231 10 years ago

Anyone hear of any more delays?

#232 10 years ago

I will never understand why we do not know more about this game
Mine have Been paid for weeks ago and we know very little
Very frustrating .i do not know of any other company that could
Get away with this behavior
I guess I will keep looking for a bone from someone inside or out of
Stern

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will never understand why we do not know more about this game
Mine have Been paid for weeks ago and we know very little
Very frustrating .i do not know of any other company that could
Get away with this behavior
I guess I will keep looking for a bone from someone inside or out of
Stern

Huh?

We know very little? What is it that you need to know that is causing you to feel very frustrated and to say that only Stern could "get away with this behavior"?

There are actually only a few things that we don't know, and they are pretty minor.

#234 10 years ago

I called Stern, they said the Canadian LE's are in production and they are doing their best to get them out in 1-2 weeks from today.
I then called Starburst in Toronto and they said that they have a truck that goes in Chicago once a week and they were expecting them as well in the next 1-2 weeks. Safe bet would be by end of this month. The Starfeild projector sounds pretty cool- I am pretty excited about getting mine. The wait does not bother me. I think that getting the Pro's out in October the the LE's out in Nov is pretty reasonable for a game that was announced in mid Sept.

#235 10 years ago

Just got the word...shipping to the Lower 48 should start by the end of next week. Buuuumer x2.

#236 10 years ago

As long as it arrives before Thanksgiving I'll be happy. But at this rate, it could be Christmas.

#237 10 years ago

I just hope any and all issues regarding delays got resolved and they didnt decide that they just couldnt wait any longer.

#238 10 years ago

As long as it arrives before Thanksgiving I'll be happy. But at this rate, it could be Christmas.

The premiums will probably be into CY14 before they begin to show up.

Robert

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Just got the word...shipping to the Lower 48 should start by the end of next week. Buuuumer x2.

Capture8-112.JPGCapture8-112.JPG
Noooooooooooooooo!

#241 10 years ago

As far as the cratering goes, I would say that mine has shown some rather deep dimples, but I know over time they will all even out. They seem to be where the ball lands after being shot out of the Vengeance.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will never understand why we do not know more about this gameMine have Been paid for weeks ago and we know very littleVery frustrating .i do not know of any other company that couldGet away with this behaviorI guess I will keep looking for a bone from someone inside or out ofStern

Stern is hiding a big surprise for us, or maybe not

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

called and talked to my guy today and he said I wont have mine for almost 2 weeks... that's in my hands within two weeks.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

called and talked to my guy today and he said I wont have mine for almost 2 weeks... that's in my hands within two weeks.

SURPRISE!!

#245 10 years ago

I am afraid if I do not receive my ST LE by Thanksgiving, I may get kinda grumpy and turn into a big bear...Dammit I want to be playing ST while eating a Turkey Leg-Is that too much to ask? Then everyone can celebrate and truly be thankful.

Bear by T-Day.jpgBear by T-Day.jpg ST Turkey.jpgST Turkey.jpg ST Cel.jpgST Cel.jpg
#246 10 years ago

Why is everyone so impatient? What difference does a couple weeks make?

I've got an LE on the way and the delay doesn't bother me at all.

#247 10 years ago

You impatient guys kill me...In December of 1969 I ordered my 1970 Mustang and do you know when I got it....May 1st of '70, 4 and a half months AND I was only 17. Do you remember how time crawled when you were 17? So just relax, it'll get here when it get's here.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why is everyone so impatient? What difference does a couple weeks make?
I've got an LE on the way and the delay doesn't bother me at all.

It would be nice to have it for the four day holiday weekend. It's that simple.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You impatient guys kill me...In December of 1969 I ordered my 1970 Mustang and do you know when I got it....May 1st of '70, 4 and a half months AND I was only 17. Do you remember how time crawled when you were 17? So just relax, it'll get here when it get's here.

That is interesting. In October 2004 I ordered the all new 2005 Mustang GT with exactly the features I wanted. That model was in huge demand for the first year or so and the dealers were even selling the cars out from under the pre-order customers to get marked-up/huge profits. I received that car about 6 months after ordering in April 2005 after sending a mild complaint e-mail directly to Ford about the delays and dealer shenanigans that were taking place. The wait was excruciating but I don't think it was half as bad as the wait for WOZECLE because I did not have any money down on the Mustang.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-my-star-trek-le-on-the-factory-floor/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.