Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0885.JPG
100_0883.JPG
100_0850.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

played my last game tonight and placed my initials on the top score position. it was a good way to say goodbye to a pin I've had since 08.

#3 12 years ago

don't know, still trying to decide if LAH needs to be sacrificed for the cause or not.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What is the cause?

more pins of course! I have a new Judge Dredd on the way... but I would like to add another super pin to the line up, perhaps an Indiana jones.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

damn where did the buyer come from???

not to far away from me. actually, I was surprised at the amount of replies I had. I thought it would sit for a while.

by the way, I found out today that there will be a transformers release party at the bar in oakland NE coming up really soon. he's going to have about 7 pins set on free play and a TF set up for a tournament.

#11 12 years ago

DVDT it has been almost a week since you bought a pin.. you must be getting the itch again. Plus ssathre is gonna have the new pinball machine on the block. You better start working double time on that SS.. ha.

oh gawd, don't turn this into a competition. it could get out of control real quick.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Glad you were able to get it sold so quick. Hope it went to a good home.

thanks TDA!

#16 12 years ago

It is all part of my master plan. I am a attorney/accountant you know and very sneaky. The plan is to pit you two against each other until your significant others cannot take it anymore and post a CL add saying they are giving away all your machines while you are at work. And I'll be there... mwhahaha

in that case I hope you could recommend a criminal defense lawyer... as I'm sure there would be he'll to pay if that ever happened! I kid of course

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

also stopped by pinballfixxer yesterday he has a dang nice shop and some nice machines, makes me wish i had build a house outside of town for a nice shop.

ya, he has a very nice shop! what pins did he have in stock? did he still have that truckload of project machines? he also had a couple of funhouses last time I was there but they were too spendy for me in the condition they were in.

#20 12 years ago

so he must have sold that RFM then. the older stuff is from a truckload that he had bought. most aren't in working order, missing boards and back glasses. I was hoping to find a project paragon in there but no luck.

#21 12 years ago

he had that shadow when I was there in July but said it was spoken for. did he still have that space invaders? would like to have that for the back box alone!

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

oh yeah going to end up going to minneapolis since i have some work halfway up there tomorrow so might as well make an overnight trip outta it, planning to hit the auction, SS billards and also pinball warehouse LOL wife isnt too thrilled about all the pin stuff but oh well she will live

you my friend, have a problem! welcome to the club!

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

F14 goes out ,,, and Judge Dredd come's in.. I got Yr Well's Fargo Cashiers Check today .. Wells Fargo / Wachovia is my Bank as Well Steve , , I Hope they Give me CASH 2-morrow instead of wanting me to Deposit it for 2 to 3 work-n day's till it Clear's . Will give you a call 2-morrow

Thanks B_R! I hope it goes smoothly as well. after reading that other thread about payment options I got all nervous. lol

can't wait till it gets here, I'm going to give it a very good home and will spoil it rotten!

#29 12 years ago

I haven't been able to break the negotiable barrier with the pb warehouse yet. at least not significantly but you can only do so much over the phone.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from Shane300zx:

Was that your f14 on cl?

Yes, that was mine. Removed it after it sold last night. Sorry you missed it.

PinballFixer (AKA Dan) is the guy we were talking about. He kind of out in the country near Sioux Falls. He has a repair service and sells some machines as well. Dont know if he sells parts outright or not, but he keeps his truck fully stocked for his service work. He is a heck of a nice guy, really friendly.

I dated a couple of gals from Jefferson when I was in High School. Besides not having much to do in that town I have really never heard too many negitive things about it. Ive lived in the SUX my whole life, so all the negitive things I hear are about home smelly home.

#33 12 years ago

nope, nothing that fun.

Did you know that in...

Until gateway computers came about in the 90's we had always been a packing house town, knowen for the largest stockyards in the world, that sat right next to the interstate. Between that and the sewer plant right next to the same interstate, thats where we got the nickname sewer city. actually it hasnt smelled here in like 20 years. Stockyards are gone, packing houses have gone broke and the sewer plant moved. but enough of funk Factoids!

#35 12 years ago

Some wounds never heal...

love never dies lol

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

just arrived at the hotel hope to find a deal tomorro

did you bring your truck or the jetta?

#42 12 years ago

with my luck, since I didn't go... there will probably be lots of pins there and no bidders. if that's the case i wish you would have brought your truck, you could have been my proxy bidder!

hope you find your SS! if you find a Williams IJ, call me.

#44 12 years ago

yeah... lol

#47 12 years ago

never seen that one before. will there be a chance to play it before the auction?

#51 12 years ago

You are fired as a proxy! Your new mission, if you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate Pinball Warehouse.

that made me chuckle.

but seriously, +1

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

sorry steve for trashing your thread lol

no worries, it's my first two page thread! but I think it's turned into the Iowa, south Dakota chat room.

#58 12 years ago

only the one machine D mentioned before was at the auction. I'm glad I didn't make the trip just for that, but it would have been fun hitting up all the pinball spots up there. hopefully he finds something he likes at one the other places.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I didn't know Greg had decided for sure (don't know him personally just from our Nebraska Facebook pinball group)....I am stoked! Any word on a date yet?

he didn't mention a date. just said that it as coming up and he would shoot me an invite. Sounds like a lot of fun and a good chance to meet some fellow pinheads and hopefully some more pinsiders such as yourself.

#63 12 years ago

D, Sorry you didn't find a pin. Its awesome that you got to make the grand twin cities pinball tour though. It would have been a lot of fun to check out all of those pins. Dam, you drive a lot! I dub thee a true road warrior.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-said-goodbye-to-f14?tu=ssathre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.