image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSirTuna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So, like many Creech owners, my hologram appears mostly blue when looking at most angles. From some it would look green. When you pull it out of the machine it looks a lot more green. Let that part be a note for Creech buyers. Only look at a hologram while it's in the machine. If not, you could be easily fooled.

So I skipped the LCD for now, and got the replica hologram made my Pinball Dreams. I like the idea of the actual hologram. I may still get an LCD just to mix it up, but I thought I'd share my change out. I'll post pictures of the before and after.

The main points to note are that it fits right into the existing frame, and was a very simple swap out procedure. The included procedure notes that the angle is important to the color, so minor adjustments may be needed if it isn't as green as you'd like. Needless to say, I didn't need to make any adjustments and it looks wonderfully green. I also have the green tinted mirror and the upgraded halogen light for reference.

The creature himself is a very similar position to the original. The biggest difference can be seen in the facial details. His eyes aren't as "buldgy" as the original. Take note of this in case someone tries to sell the reproduction off as an original that's green. This makes for an easy way to tell the difference between the two.

So far I'm very pleased with it and will still hold onto my original of course in case any need for it comes up. Final note: the hologram includes a 2 year warranty as long as it's cared for properly, which I think is very thoughtful, and removes fear of it not lasting as long as it should

Hope this was helpful, now onto the pictures...

#2 10 years ago

Before: while installed in the machine.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

The original hologram: outside the machine. Look at the difference in green.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

New Hologram from Pinball Dreams: outside the machine.

#5 10 years ago

New Hologram: installed in the machine.

#6 10 years ago

Quick question: all my pictures seem to display in the posting as the wrong orientation, any quick way to correct this? Thanks. Sorry for the mid-displayed pictures.

#10 10 years ago

I will try taking my photos in landscape. I am using my iPad for photos/posting so part of it is just me being lazy, but able to make it go quicker.

I haven't heard of another hologram reproduction at this point, but I can understand being on the fence. I have lots if Creature related items and the OCD in me knows the face isn't exact to the original, but it's pretty solid as far as wealth of differences go when I look across the board.

Here are a few additional reference Creeches: also a reason to show off more Creech.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Nice lot of creature related memorabilia….is the first one going to be a topper?

Thanks. The first one is definitely my topper . Sits on top nicely. Always thought lighting it up some would be neat, but never got to that point. Also have a boxed silver screen action figure of Creech on the wall too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
$ 9.95
$ 40.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSirTuna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-replaced-my-creech-hologram?tu=McSirTuna and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.