(Topic ID: 62959)

Just received this email from Mr. Pinball. Anyone else receive the same?

By Krajkerjac

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
image.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Dear Customers

I write to you today with some bad news.

The Australian Distributor for Jersey Jack Pinball Bumper Action Amusements Pty Ltd has taken over $500,000 from 79 customers who purchased a WOZ Pinball Machine from them.

This Company has Liquidated leaving customers without their money or game.

There has been a Legal Fund set up to go after the Directors of the Company and the New owners of the Company Bumper Amusements Pty Ltd who agreed to take over the Debt.

The Paypal account is [email protected]

The Head of the Group leading the class action is Orce Nikoloski and can be contacted at [email protected]

All the customers are also contributing to the fund as well.

I ask anything you can offer to help with this cause would be great

Best Regards

#3 10 years ago

Got it too. Twice.

#4 10 years ago

Nope

#5 10 years ago

Yup -got it too. My guess he is spamming anyone who has ever bought anything from him and submitted an e-mail address.......lovely

#6 10 years ago

I got it twice. Now word of caution. I do not know why they think I am a customer or how they got this email and WOZ together. WOZ LE was purchased through a different company and name all together. Someone is skimming to find email adds. This is starting to get a little more shady if you ask me.

#7 10 years ago

All Genuine, just trying to help the customers

Sent to anyone who is a customer of ours on our Online Store

regards

#8 10 years ago

That must be it then I think I purchased something from there years and years ago.
Just odd to receive mail of this nature to this add.

#10 10 years ago

Looks like a scam. Where is the proof of registration of a legal fund or trust fund set up for a registered organisation with a specific objective?

#11 10 years ago

Ha Noodlebox, this is a Fund for legal fees Against your Company the only scam is you?

Have you received a call from mensa yet, they were not impressed with your Actions un becomming of a member?

Mr Jamie Smith.

Why don't you let people know who you really are??

Ps Several thousand dollars raised so far.

Great Effort Guys

#12 10 years ago

edit

#13 10 years ago

Maybe this needs to be repeated, it hasn't been answered yet:

Quoted from Noodlebox:Looks like a scam. Where is the proof of registration of a legal fund or trust fund set up for a registered organisation with a specific objective?

If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam...

#14 10 years ago

Just looked and it went to the spam folder. I think that is where it will stay.

#15 10 years ago

LOL this is why i would never pay up front for any preorder on a pin,
cash upon delivery or pickup is the only way to go not pay for a machine a months or a year before its even released or manufactured.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

What do you call what you did to all these people? A not Scam

#17 10 years ago

EDIT: No dog in this fight and I decided to remove this post.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

That's a completely inappropriate use of your mailing list.

Unless it is a public service. The most appropriate approach is to set up an official class action lawsuit, then fish for people affected by this because where else do you find people who lost pre-order money?

#19 10 years ago

I would like to thank all the pinballers who have donated so far, the response has been great to our cause which has had a fantastic reception by all. The fund is overseen by three of the nominated members and we our happy to answer any questions.

Thank you

Oscar

#20 10 years ago

Some weird shit going on in this thread....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What do you call what you did to all these people? A not Scam

You have your timelines mixed. New Bumper resold two machines at the original customer's instructions, before Jack nixed the franchise. I did not sell any of the original 76 LEs. I work for a company that bought a business from another company that sold 76 LE machines.

I can accurately answer what happened during my time only. I cannot answer for people whose actions predate my employment or for the directors of a business now in liquidation.

#22 10 years ago

And where did that money go, or do we go to the emails again

I am so sick of my inbox full of Robs emails.

#23 10 years ago

And where did that money go, or do we go to the emails again
I am so sick of my inbox full of Robs emails.

Well you should have asked Jack if he had any messes or unethical conduct to cover up before you took the franchise. Jack saw you coming.

#24 10 years ago

Franchise we dont have a franchise maybe you see too many Jims mowing Franchises, you were a Distributor not a Franchisee.

At least i pay for my games in full without collecting customers money.

Jack saw you going

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Unless it is a public service. The most appropriate approach is to set up an official class action lawsuit, then fish for people affected by this because where else do you find people who lost pre-order money?

No that's not right. As Gillard's business does not exclusively operate the legal fund, the spam laws in Australia would prevent him from spamming his customer list on something unrelated to his business. Anyone who received Gillard's mail but didn't invite it, you can go to:

www.spam.aca.gov.au

Click on Reporting, Complaints & Enquiries.
www.acma.gov.au/webwr/consumer_info/spam/consumer_information/spam_consumerguide.pdf‎

The only other explanation as to why it would not be spam is if Gillard's business stood to benefit from the income raised.

Which is it Wayne, spam or not?

#26 10 years ago

neither idiot

Call it a community service

Also i don't operate the fund at all, no access

Must be upsetting to be so smart but live in the poor part of Cheltenham, maybe just renting.

#27 10 years ago

Franchise we dont have a franchise maybe you see too many Jims mowing Franchises, you were a Distributor not a Franchisee.
At least i pay for my games in full without collecting customers money.
Jack saw you going

http://dictionary.reference.com

franchise, n.
2. the right or license granted by a company to an individual or group to market its products or services in a specific territory.
4. the territory over which such a license extends.

Franchise it was.

You're a brave man Wayne, or something else. $6200 x 250 is a lot of money to pay an overseas business that cannot deliver machines. Are you insured?

#28 10 years ago

neither idiot
Call it a community service
Also i don't operate the fund at all, no access
Must be upsetting to be so smart but live in the poor part of Cheltenham, maybe just renting.

Spam it is then.

#29 10 years ago

A community service it is not.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

http://dictionary.reference.com
franchise, n.
2. the right or license granted by a company to an individual or group to market its products or services in a specific territory.
4. the territory over which such a license extends.
Franchise it was.
You're a brave man Wayne, or something else. $6200 x 250 is a lot of money to pay an overseas business that cannot deliver machines. Are you insured?

No license so distributor

#31 10 years ago

BallyPinball, Noodlebox and all others involved in the numerous threads about Bumper. I'm tired of all the fighting going on between you, of all the speculation and allegations being thrown around. If you can't have a *civil* discussion on the subject then I kindly ask you all to leave the Pinside and take this stuff elsewhere (or use PM).

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

The only thing that smells is the bullshit coming from Bumper Amusements. I'm owed $8750. That's a lot of going without things over the past couple of years. Not including interest.

#33 10 years ago

Sorry Robin he is here as he's banned on Aussie arcade

#35 10 years ago

I don't care who's right or wrong here. Don't know what everyone's angle is on this topic. What I do know is that you are all a guest on this forum and I'm asking you to stop the bullshit, negativity, name calling. You guys have been going on for weeks about this and I've seen enough of it. I'm pretty sure all of this speculation is not in the interest of any of the Australian WOZ buyers so take the rumors and allegations elsewhere please.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I don't care who's right or wrong here. Don't know what everyone's angle is on this topic. What I do know is that you are all a guest on this forum and I'm asking you to stop the bullshit, negativity, name calling. You guys have been going on for weeks about this and I've seen enough of it. I'm pretty sure all of this speculation is not in the interest of any of the Australian WOZ buyers so take the rumors and allegations elsewhere please.

I know you don't typically delete posts, but these public bickering sessions aren't going to be good for you personally if somehow the law gets involved.... Not that you would be held responsible for any of the content, but I have seen stranger things.

I don't really think I have seen Wayne contribute anything positive to this site, not really surprised though. And I used to make fun of my wife for watching soap operas....

#37 10 years ago

Thanks, Robin. Enough is enough.

#38 10 years ago

I agree with the public bickering thing, but I would like to state that I think the "Spam", maybe not scam, approach from Mr. Pinball Aus was tasteless and disrespectful from business sense. I can and will choose where I purchase pinball supplies in the future based on this disregard.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

I agree with the public bickering thing, but I would like to state that I think the "Spam", maybe not scam, approach from Mr. Pinball Aus was tasteless and disrespectful from business sense. I can and will choose where I purchase pinball supplies in the future based on this disregard.

Please PM me and i will remove you from our mail server

#40 10 years ago

Please PM me and i will remove you from our mail server

#41 10 years ago
#43 10 years ago

$500,000 from 79 customers? Isn't that about $40,000 per game? Of course maybe everyone bought 4 games?

#44 10 years ago

$500,000 divided by 79 comes to $6329 per person, where did you get the $40,000 per person from.

#45 10 years ago

I need to use a calculator more and my head less

#46 10 years ago

I just heard a whole bunch of Aussies groan "...Americans..."

#47 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Please change the subject of this thread. Wayne never has been or will be "Mr Pinball".

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Please change the subject of this thread. Wayne never has been or will be "Mr Pinball".

Well I have a registered Company Name and Business Name that says otherwise?

I am sure there are many others around the world with a similiar name also

#50 10 years ago

What would it take to resolve this issue? A full refund of all monies? The email discribing customers contributing to a fund sounds like a "phishing" attempt.

Some good advise...

Quoted from Hellfire:

LOL this is why i would never pay up front for any preorder on a pin,
cash upon delivery or pickup is the only way to go not pay for a machine a months or a year before its even released or manufactured.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-received-this-email-from-mr-pinball-anyone-else-receive-the-same and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.