Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

72F56310-783E-4BDF-94C6-0DA4EC0B87F4 (resized).jpeg
C10EC40F-5F42-469D-BB96-BDE0BB7F3028 (resized).jpeg
B67A2AFE-3A6C-41B1-8F50-C7118EAA25C2 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi all.

Just received my GB Premium today and have been setting it up. Interestingly most of the issues I have read about seem to have been taken care of. Namely, reinforced metal brackets for cabinet strength and the metal pinball launch mech now lips over the wood meaning the wood doesnt get hit by the balls. I have attached a couple of photos.

Love the game... so many options etc. Levelled it out and game plays perfectly, can hit ramps on each side etc.

The only things I have added are metal protector in shooter lane and airball and projector protector.

Woohoo!

B67A2AFE-3A6C-41B1-8F50-C7118EAA25C2 (resized).jpegB67A2AFE-3A6C-41B1-8F50-C7118EAA25C2 (resized).jpegC10EC40F-5F42-469D-BB96-BDE0BB7F3028 (resized).jpegC10EC40F-5F42-469D-BB96-BDE0BB7F3028 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

What is the build date ?

#3 5 years ago

Sweet and enjoy.

#4 5 years ago

I highly recommend a shaker if there isn't already one in there. It makes a pretty cool start to Storage Facility Multiball.

#5 5 years ago

there are 2 types of shakers from cointaker. The REd Tremor was way too powerful IMO. The other is great, however, you cannot adjust the strength via the settings as they aren't coded yet.

My wife's favorite game, she played 4 games this morning already before work.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

there are 2 types of shakers from cointaker. The REd Tremor was way too powerful IMO. The other is great, however, you cannot adjust the strength via the settings as they aren't coded yet.
My wife's favorite game, she played 4 games this morning already before work.

I thought you could always adjust the strength by changing how out of balance the spinning weight is on the shaker.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I thought you could always adjust the strength by changing how out of balance the spinning weight is on the shaker.

I have the Stern shaker. It was a little too much for me at the beginning, so I adjusted the magnitude by turning one of the weights on the motor about 90 degrees from the original position.

Fun game. Enjoy!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I highly recommend a shaker if there isn't already one in there. It makes a pretty cool start to Storage Facility Multiball.

This is one of the best starting mbs in pinball, it's must to have the Shaker, nothing like it.

#9 5 years ago

Cool... thanks for the replies. I have shaker motor on order. I can also recommend the non reflective glass. Heres a photo! I have a question... every now and then when the ball goes into the multiball trap the game hunts round for a couple if minutes looking for the ball... then finally ejects it from the right ejector... any ideas?

72F56310-783E-4BDF-94C6-0DA4EC0B87F4 (resized).jpeg72F56310-783E-4BDF-94C6-0DA4EC0B87F4 (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Cool... thanks for the replies. I have shaker motor on order. I can also recommend the non reflective glass. Heres a photo! I have a question... every now and then when the ball goes into the multiball trap the game hunts round for a couple if minutes looking for the ball... then finally ejects it from the right ejector... any ideas?[quoted image]

Sounds like a switch issue.

Where abouts are you located?

rd

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sounds like a switch issue.
Where abouts are you located?
rd

Thanks RD. I am in sunny New Zealand. Hmmm... how would I go about confirming that switch issue?

Thanks
Craig

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Thanks RD. I am in sunny New Zealand. Hmmm... how would I go about confirming that switch issue?
Thanks
Craig

Yeah ... what city.

Probably just need to gap that switch a little, if it is making contact sometimes.

rd

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Cool... thanks for the replies. I have shaker motor on order. I can also recommend the non reflective glass. Heres a photo! I have a question... every now and then when the ball goes into the multiball trap the game hunts round for a couple if minutes looking for the ball... then finally ejects it from the right ejector... any ideas?[quoted image]

Congrats on the game! It is a fun one, warts and all. There is some discussion of the subway/trap issue in the other Ghostbusters threads. Check to make sure the machine is perfectly level. If still an issue, lift the playfield and find the clear plastic subway part underneath. There is a metal piece with a nut holding that subway part in place. Loosen the nut, center the piece as best you can, and retighten the nut.

That worked for me and others with that issue. Good luck!

#14 5 years ago

Congrats on your new game. A lot of people like to rag on this game but don't listen to all the hate because its nothing but utter bullshit. Ghostbusters kicks ass and is alot of fun! 2 things i did to mine was move the outlane posts in so that the drains arent quite as brutal (right one is kind of a pain in the butt to get to) and reverse the sling rubbers to make the magna slings more active. Those two things really makes this game alot more fun.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah ... what city.
Probably just need to gap that switch a little, if it is making contact sometimes.
rd

Christchurch. Didnt realise you were NZ too

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Christchurch. Didnt realise you were NZ too

A few locals here.

I can hook you up with the local IFPA scene if you want to play some pinball comps around CHCH ...

rd

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What is the build date ?

Hi Budman. Built 28 July 2018.

#18 5 years ago

Thanks! I am thinking about buying this title .... makes it a bit more appealing if some of the documented flaws have been corrected.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thanks! I am thinking about buying this title .... makes it a bit more appealing if some of the documented flaws have been corrected.

I think when the new code update comes out there will be a big run on GB machines, assuming that its a nice update.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think when the new code update comes out there will be a big run on GB machines, assuming that its a nice update.

I can't agree with this more. I understand the beating GB takes in a location environment if the operator doesn't take the time to address the issues, but in home use a few easy tweaks makes this game outstanding. The update can only make it better!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Interestingly most of the issues I have read about seem to have been taken care of.

Yep us early buyers took the bullet on that one.
Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-received-ghostbusters-premium?hl=headnz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.