Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vtec16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I want to thank everyone for the advice and input over the last month or so. This will be my first pin so I'm both excited and a bit anxious. The setup looks pretty straight forward but I'm sure I'll be relying on some of you (beezleboob) for assistance. I anticipate that my machine will have the same left orbit problem most of you are dealing with.

My question is what mods are considered essential for this machine? I have already purchased the stern mods (topper, shaker and art blades). Can anyone recommend any additional mods that really add a nice finishing touch? I was thinking mezelmods plastic protector set would be a good purchase. Has anyone tried the ulek slingshot protector? Would yellow flow the best with the LE? Thank you in advance.

#2 8 years ago

Since it is your first pin. I'd set it up. Play it and enjoy it a bit. Before adding any mods.

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago

LTG said it best, play it! You have some great mods already.

#5 8 years ago

You had to purchase the shaker separately with the LE? I assumed that was part of it. Not having an LE GOT, I cannot say for certain but on my Avatar LE it was included.

Regardless - congratulations on your first pin, GOT does look awesome and I hope one day to have it in my collection.

#6 8 years ago

Enjoy the new pin smell

#7 8 years ago

Play it, figure out what's off and get ready to tinker. Lots of good advice on all the got fix threads.

Enjoy!

#8 8 years ago

I don't think any of the spike system games come with a shaker. It's not listed in the feature matrix.

But make sure the shaker you got is spike system compatible. You don't want it blowing up any boards.

#9 8 years ago

Replace the balls with new ones from pinball life or marco and then play it.

#10 8 years ago

Congratulations on your NIB. You are fortunate!!

Better check your pinball temperature to see if you have the first stage of pinball fever. It is highly contagious and can take on a number of different forms that are incurable..... and that is a good thing. Call the doctor as needed. I have her on speed dial.

#11 8 years ago

last year I got NIB MET. I got LED kit with it. I haven't installed LEDs or upgraded code. It works perfectly. My motto, don't F*** with it if it works perfectly. Once I start fooling around, bad things happen. One day I will install code and LEDs, one day.....
And on that day, it will be just like I bought a new machine

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I haven't installed LEDs or upgraded code.

Ok you really need to upgrade the code. I'ts very easy, go to stern and download the .bin file onto a usb drive. Open the coin door, press the select button, find the usb update choice and select it. Take off the backglass and follow the directions on the dmd.

#13 8 years ago

External sub. Best $80 spent on a mod and you can hook 2 games up to one sub.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

External sub. Best $80 spent on a mod and you can hook 2 games up to one sub.

Gosh, I would love to do this on mine...alas, I had to even disconnect the shaker due to keeping mine at my apartment.

#15 8 years ago

I saw the stern video on how to set one up. Is there any videos on YouTube about the setup on this pin specifically?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I would love to do this on mine...alas, I had to even disconnect the shaker due to keeping mine at my apartment.

That sucks. Same thing happened to a friend who lives in a duplex when the neighbors complained. I love the extra bass and it sounds killer on GOT.

I'm lucky that the only person to complain is my wife. My kids sleep like rocks. And my wife is very understanding - except for when we wake her up at 1 am from the rumbling two floors below.

#17 8 years ago

If you cannot make the left loop shot all the away around, you have the defect of all the other GOT Prem/LE owners..
Let us know if you have the defect...

#18 8 years ago

Has anyone tried the flipper fidelity speakers on game of thrones? I love the sounds of the machine. I wonder how much of an improvement it would be...

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

This. Unsure about the balls included in a LE, but the ones provided with the Pros I have played recently on location age extremely quickly. And will damage the PF if not replaced.

#20 8 years ago

For mine I put in the shaker motor and new balls which may be the only mods that are really needed. I think the sound quality with the stock speakers is better than the previous Sterns I have owned (Met, ST Prem) so I would hold off before upgrading the speakers. Marco sells a Valar coin shooter rod mod for $60 that I installed on mine and think is really cool and a much better value than the Stern aftermarket shooter rods. Someone also posted some free mods and I think the red start button looks a lot better than the stock green with with minimal additional cost:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-free-mods

As for the orbit issue, I've held off on doing anything to mine. In my opinion the problem has minimal impact on gameplay and I've going to wait for the dust to settle and see what Stern recommends.

#21 8 years ago

I would suggest spending as much money as possible on as many mods as possible, and cramming them all on to the game. A minimum of tacky $1,000 in aftermarket crap on a game like this is the suggested guideline.

if you just set up your game and play it, you are doing it wrong.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would suggest spending as much money as possible on as many mods as possible, and cramming them all on to the game. A minimum of tacky $1,000 in aftermarket crap on a game like this is the suggested guideline.
if you just set up your game and play it, you are doing it wrong.

Appreciate the sarcasm haha

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Has anyone tried the flipper fidelity speakers on game of thrones? I love the sounds of the machine. I wonder how much of an improvement it would be...

Get an external sub. Much better bang for the buck. I have FF on half my games. Wish I would have saved the cash and just put external subs on them after doing that to my first one.

Quoted from mittens:

You had to purchase the shaker separately with the LE? I assumed that was part of it. Not having an LE GOT, I cannot say for certain but on my Avatar LE it was included.
Regardless - congratulations on your first pin, GOT does look awesome and I hope one day to have it in my collection.

Yes, no shaker even with the LE.

#24 8 years ago

As far as set up. Just make sure to level it properly. We take that for granted but being your first pin it should be called out.

Get a good level that also reads pitch (think I paid 40 for mine at the hardware store). Level it on the pf (not the glass) at the front and as far back as you can on y he pf. Also set you pitch to 6.5 to 7 degrees. Don't trust the bubble as they can be off.

Before playing check for lose connectors as they can come lose in shipping.

And DO NOT sign for the game without checking it over if there is any visible damage to the box. Getting that covered after you sign for the game can be nearly impossible sometimes. If they won't let you check it out first (if you think their could be damage) then refuse the shipment.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

They have a few choices on pinball life. Which do you recommend?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

As far as set up. Just make sure to level it properly. We take that for granted but being your first pin it should be called out.
Get a good level that also reads pitch (think I paid 40 for mine at the hardware store). Level it on the pf (not the glass) at the front and as far back as you can on y he pf. Also set you pitch to 6.5 to 7 degrees. Don't trust the bubble as they can be off.
Before playing check for lose connectors as they can come lose in shipping.
And DO NOT sign for the game without checking it over if there is any visible damage to the box. Getting that covered after you sign for the game can be nearly impossible sometimes. If they won't let you check it out first (if you think their could be damage) then refuse the shipment.

Thank you for pointing out things that most of you know but I did not. That pitch angle is a great tip. Besides obvious gashes in the container, what else should I look for.

I really can't believe how helpful this community is. Usually when you start a niche hobby like this you have to endure a lot of ridicule for being green. You all have been great.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Besides obvious gashes in the container, what else should I look for.

If the box is perfect then the game should be good to go. Just look the box over carefully for any damage then inspect the game itself if necessary.

#28 8 years ago

I have a GoT Premium getting delivered tomorrow -- this is not my first pin, but is my first NIB. Not to hijack the thread but seems appropriate to chime in -- my biggest concern is damage ... it will probably be fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if the box has some damage on it -- small tears/dents ... stuff I would consider normal. That's what shipping boxes are for. I'm thinking normal like you'd typically see in small boxes, not freight like this.

Obviously, I'd refuse it if I can see damage to the machine. But, if it looks like there might be potential damage -- say, dented cardboard or small tears -- do you flat out refuse delivery, or open it up and inspect while they wait? Waiting to hear back from my distributor on this, too, but figured I'd ask the brain trust. This requires a judgement call but given this is a first time delivery, I'd rather not learn the hard way.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

or open it up and inspect while they wait?

Exactly.....only takes a minute.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Congratulations on your NIB. You are fortunate!!
Better check your pinball temperature to see if you have the first stage of pinball fever. It is highly contagious and can take on a number of different forms that are incurable..... and that is a good thing. Call the doctor as needed. I have her on speed dial.

LOL. So true.

#31 8 years ago

I'm still trying to hone my shots on the mini playfield. Having trouble with those for some reason.

#32 8 years ago

Open it up and look if you have any concerns at all. If the shipper refuses to let you (some drivers get pushy at this point) then refuse the dilivery.

I also record myself unboxing the game for protection. Probably overkill but it's piece of mind to me so I can prove I didn't break something if something was broken.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

They have a few choices on pinball life. Which do you recommend?

The ultra gloss are good. 1.50 a piece and is what I use.

Another thing. The game is 285 pounds. Make sure you have help or you risk hurting yourself our the game.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Flipper fidelity speakers are great, no doubt. Here's a question, I have an old set of flipper Fidelity speakers that I had on a Stern pin (SAM), will they work on my GOT with the spike system? Do I need any sort of adapter?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I want to thank everyone for the advice and input over the last month or so. This will be my first pin so I'm both excited and a bit anxious. The setup looks pretty straight forward but I'm sure I'll be relying on some of you (beezleboob) for assistance. I anticipate that my machine will have the same left orbit problem most of you are dealing with.
My question is what mods are considered essential for this machine? I have already purchased the stern mods (topper, shaker and art blades). Can anyone recommend any additional mods that really add a nice finishing touch? I was thinking mezelmods plastic protector set would be a good purchase. Has anyone tried the ulek slingshot protector? Would yellow flow the best with the LE? Thank you in advance.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm with Lloyd on this...enjoy the game as is for a while. Then you can start tweaking it with mods to your liking. I put Flipper Fidelity speakers in all my machines, but haven't done this one, so I can't tell you how it sounds. It's been wonderful with all the other machines I have, though. I'll put them in after I buy my speakers at the Allentown show (is why I've been waiting...I've got a bit of shopping to do there!).

Feel free to be in touch if you need anything.

#36 8 years ago

Play play and play. The more you are aware of what could be improve and what is just fine the more educate your mods investment will be. By knowing your pin and reading here you'll know exactly what you need in a few weeks.

Play and read after make the right moves.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Flipper fidelity speakers are great, no doubt. Here's a question, I have an old set of flipper Fidelity speakers that I had on a Stern pin (SAM), will they work on my GOT with the spike system? Do I need any sort of adapter?

The answer is yes they will work, but you need a conversion kit. Michael with Fipper Fidelity is sending me the kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-purchased-got-le-now-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.