IMG_3203 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170821_171347 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170821_161356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170809_212939 (resized).jpg
IMG_6936 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_7040 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_7048 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_7039 (Medium) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

If there's voltage at once side and not the other no matter which way you flip it then probably. Double check with a continuity test.

Make sure you double check all the fuse holders. They tend to be bad on ballys from that time. Had to replace four of them on my old Chicago before it'd start

#10 6 years ago

Even if they don't look broken they're still often bad. There's four fuses, three there and one in the bottom middle.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I've never had bad lamp sockets on Bally games. Not true for Gottlieb games.
That's a party line that is repeated ad nauseum on here and simply isn't true. If you want lamp socket issues, start with Gottlieb games that have the plates with sockets incorporated into them. Now we're talking garbage.

What Gottlieb games do that? I've only seen it on Williams...

Every bally ss I've bought has needed major lamp socket replacement. Never had to replace more than 1 or 2 on any other manufacturer. In fact I've never had to replace a single light socket on any of my Gottliebs. Never had a problem with bally em light sockets though

1 week later
#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not sure, but does that game have a delay relay which uses a flashing bulb as a timer? If so, you'll see a lamp socket somewhere on the motor board that needs to have a flashing bulb installed in it.

It does. Put a new 455 in there just in case. But I think mine reset fine with a blown bulb. Didn't look into it much, but I didn't think it'd affect the reset relay?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
£ 60.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
$ 15.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-purchased-a-bally-old-chicago?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.