(Topic ID: 307371)

Just preordered a Rush LE for $14999 Legit?

By Shiver11

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by clarkmu22
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E77D843A-62FB-4232-B7CE-F10E5832FEE7 (resized).jpeg
3CF0C7CB-FA23-4213-880C-349471C504BD.gif
homer simpson (resized).JPG
stern dealer (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
54FA0AD0-911C-4DD2-94DB-22FA1B85747E (resized).png
sanford.gif
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

Hi all, first post actually and thought I’d share todays preorder experience to get reactions.

Of course, like others experienced many dealers/distributors sold out of their LEs in minutes. Others simply didn’t post the LE machines to their shops due to the amount of early interest from members exceeding their allocations.

So…after working my way from West to East across Sterns distributor contact map I found a shop willing to take a preorder.

Here’s the catch…
Their asking price was $14999, $3900 over MSRP and when I asked why they told me “it’s because we paid Stern extra to ensure their seat at the top of the manufacturing distribution list”, “allowing us to guarantee the earliest availability and delivery to buyers”.

Curious if this is inline with authorized sales practices or if it’s something I should report to Stern? Or simply shut-up and suck it up…

Any thoughts, reactions, banter??

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

Here’s the catch…
Their asking price was $14999, $3900 over MSRP and when I asked why they told me “it’s because we paid Stern extra to ensure their seat at the top of the manufacturing distribution list”, “allowing us to guarantee the earliest availability and delivery to buyers”.

Any thoughts, reactions, banter??

Sounds like total bullshit to me. Who was the distributor so we all know to avoid?

#3 2 years ago

There is no paying Stern extra to ensure anything.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago
sanford.gifsanford.gif
#5 2 years ago

Two available $11,999

facebook.com/marketplace/shops/item/4658708180914636/

#7 2 years ago

Is it a distributor listed on Stern's website, or just some random site you found on google?

If the latter, be sure to review this thread about retail/distributor scam sites:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/

#8 2 years ago

Please name the dealer.
They are trying to screw you.

#9 2 years ago
54FA0AD0-911C-4DD2-94DB-22FA1B85747E (resized).png54FA0AD0-911C-4DD2-94DB-22FA1B85747E (resized).png
#10 2 years ago

Yeah, total BS. Name the dealer, it's gotta stop.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Sounds like total bullshit to me. Who was the distributor so we all know to avoid?

It’s a pretty big operation in the Midwest. Well known and they have multiple physical store fronts… I’m reluctant to share their name just yet for a few reasons. 1, I don’t want to falsely smear their name/reputation, 2, I want to follow up with Stern directly to confirm, and 3, if it turns out to be fraudulent I want to follow up with the police first before they get any heads up that they’ve been reported.

I can share this though, if you are asked to put down a 50% deposit for a $14999 price then you’ve likely run into the same shop.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Two available
facebook.com/marketplace/shops/item/4658708180914636/

homearcadegames.com is not listed as a Stern distributor.

The domain is a little over a year old. Looks like it could possibly be scam, but ICE is a legitimate arcade game manufacture, so I'm not sure why they would be selling someone else's games.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

It’s a pretty big operation in the Midwest. Well known and they have multiple physical store fronts… I’m reluctant to share their name just yet for a few reasons. 1, I don’t want to falsely smear their name/reputation, 2, I want to follow up with Stern directly to confirm, and 3, if it turns out to be fraudulent I want to follow up with the police first before they get any heads up that they’ve been reported.
I can share this though, if you are asked to put down a 50% deposit for a $14999 price then you’ve likely run into the same shop.

They are lying to you. Are they listed on sterns website?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is it a distributor listed on Stern's website, or just some random site you found on google?
If the latter, be sure to review this thread about retail/distributor scam sites:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/

They are indeed listed on the official Stern website and distributor page.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

They are listed on the official Stern distributor website.

Their story as to the inflated price is BS. Don’t deal with them.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

homearcadegames.com is not listed as a Stern distributor.

Yep there are: Search under New York.

Innovative Concepts in Entertainment, Inc. (ICE)
Website 716-759-0370
10123 Main Street Clarence, New York 14031 United States

Having said that and searching them, I have never purchased from them just looked them up to see if it's legit.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I did--Betson comes up as the sole result.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I did--Betson comes up as the sole result.[quoted image]

Hmm, they do for me.

stern dealer (resized).jpgstern dealer (resized).jpg
#19 2 years ago

Hmm, they do for me.[quoted image]

Are you searching dealers or distributors?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you searching dealers or distributors?

Oh shit don't remember, option all the way on left.

#21 2 years ago

You guys are arguing two searches, one is distributer (forceflow), the other is dealer list (deathhimself)

#22 2 years ago

Yep it was dealer

#23 2 years ago

Ah-ha..I wasn't aware there were two separate pages.

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

So, nevermind, it seems they check out.

#25 2 years ago

I'd like to see how these supposed kickbacks to Stern go down lol.

Two guys sitting on a park bench pretending they don't know each other maybe

#26 2 years ago

Innovative Concepts in Entertainment, Inc. (ICE)
Website 716-759-0370
10123 Main Street Clarence, New York 14031 United States
Having said that and searching them, I have never purchased from them just looked them up to see if it's legit.

<EDITEd> posted late, after the above replies.

#27 2 years ago

Well either way this plays out, DeathHimself is proving authorized Stern Dealers are selling for a mark up. $11999 is $900 over.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

authorized Stern Dealers are selling for a mark up. $11999 is $900 over.

They would be leaving money on the table otherwise. I think everybody knows at this point that a portion of them just get bought and flipped on the spot.

#29 2 years ago

Sounds to me like they just didn't want to say "we're trying to make as much profit as possible" and instead made up some vague wishy-washy BS to push the sale.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

Well either way this plays out, DeathHimself is proving authorized Stern Dealers are selling for a mark up. $11999 is $900 over.

Don't think Stern really cares about that too much, did you see those price tags on the EHOH 40th anniversary run? Thousands and thousands over.....

#31 2 years ago

Well thanks for sharing the link TheGunnett . I should have worked my way further across the dealer map before jumping on the $15k deal. I honestly thought it was hopeless cause at that point of finding an LE.

BTW, now there is only ONE LE left at the ICE shop (homearcadegames.com) don’t ask me how I know… LOL, FML ‍♂️

#32 2 years ago

Don't think Stern really cares about that too much, did you see those price tags on the EHOH 40th anniversary run? Thousands and thousands over.....

Yep, pinball brings out some of the sleaziest businesses you will ever come across.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

I don't understand your logic here. 1. You wouldnt be falsely smearing unless your story is false. 2. No need. Their pricing explanation is baloney. 3. Again, no need. No crime was committed. You were not harmed. You said yourself they are an authorized distributor, so there is no fraud.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

Well thanks for sharing the link DeathHimself. I should have worked my way further across the dealer map before jumping on the $15k deal. I honestly thought it was hopeless cause at that point of finding an LE.
BTW, now there is only ONE LE left at the ICE shop (homearcadegames.com) don’t ask me how I know… LOL, FML ‍♂️

If a place ever tells you that stern charged them more so they are charging you more, they are lying. Just hang up on them then put them on blast here. Haha

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't understand your logic here. 1. You wouldnt be falsely smearing unless your story is false. 2. No need. Their pricing explanation is baloney. 3. Again, no need. No crime was committed. You were not harmed. You said yourself they are an authorized distributor, so there is no fraud.

They could still be working the system and I want to double check with Stern first. An employee could also be taking advantage and pocketing money against the companies will or awareness. This happens a lot in the automobile aftermarket performance parts industry. Who knows…I’ll reveal the dealer as soon as I speak with a Stern rep tomorrow.

Also, I agreed to the price so if there isn’t any foul play going on it’s ultimately on me. I don’t want to blast a business I’m willfully purchasing from that’s operating within the rules.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

Well thanks for sharing the link DeathHimself. I should have worked my way further across the dealer map before jumping on the $15k deal. I honestly thought it was hopeless cause at that point of finding an LE.

Glad you saved a few bucks but I didn’t share that link to the dealer someone else did. I just hit the Stern site to see if they were listed with them as a dealer and not a scammer. Enjoy

#37 2 years ago

I purchased a Chexx Pro from there but never a pin

#38 2 years ago

Glad you saved a few bucks but I didn’t share that link to the dealer someone else did. I just hit the Stern site to see if they were listed with them as a dealer and not a scammer. Enjoy

Oh good catch, I updated the post to credit the proper source. Thanks to both!
Fingers crossed I can get my $7500 deposit back but doubtful…will most likely have to keep one in the box for a future sale/trade.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I purchased a Chexx Pro from there but never a pin

Same here. Great game! Bought from the parent company site though, (icegame.com).

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiver11:Oh good catch, I updated the post to credit the proper source. Thanks to both!
Fingers crossed I can get my $7500 deposit back but doubtful…will most likely have to keep one in the box for a future sale/trade.

Oh. I didn't know you placed an order. In that case, you haven't been harmed, per se, but you were definitely gouged and fed some salesy baloney. I recomend asking for a refund and if they refuse try disputing the charge with your CC company. Best of luck.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Oh. I didn't know you placed an order. In that case, you haven't been harmed, per se, but you were definitely gouged and fed some salesy baloney. I recomend asking for a refund and if they refuse try disputing the charge with your CC company. Best of luck.

Will definitely give it a shot. Hoping Stern reacts unfavorably so that I can leverage something against their reputation. Otherwise, it’s just another salesman hustle for the record books.

#43 2 years ago

Selling one for 15k, sure dealers can do that. But as an authorized Stern dealer myself I can tell you that their explanation is bullshit haha. Believe me, it's not true.

#44 2 years ago

Plus, their website says that the price of Rush LE is $11,999.00

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Selling one for 15k, sure dealers can do that. But as an authorized Stern dealer myself I can tell you that their explanation is bullshit haha. Believe me, it's not true.

Thanks ZMeny , Maybe I use their false claim against them as a way to get my deposit back.
Ironic you chimed in on my thread, I’m also in the process of buying one of your old pins

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Plus, their website says that the price of Rush LE is $11,999.00

No that’s not the dealer that gouged me. ICE was a dealer TheGunnett posted to share that there was actually some remaining LEs available. I bought (a second) one from them before they ran out.

I was holding back on disclosing the price gouging dealers name until I could confirm whether or not it was against Stern’s selling practices.

Between you and a few others, I’d say I got my answer but I’m still going to call a Stern rep tomorrow to see what they say about it.

#47 2 years ago

Dealer/distrib sees stern marking up games and still selling...their cut isn't "huge" why not mark up and make more! worst case it sits a few days and they sell to someone else. Or like automated, sit in a warehouse for a few years and sell since it is the last nib left.....

#48 2 years ago

Have your credit card company put up a fight asap if they refuse to refund you.
Damaging their reputation publicly on Pinside is not the way to go though in my opinion when it comes to a private dispute over a transaction.
I will privately pm you for the name of the dealer.

#49 2 years ago

What's the crime, here? Have you ever bought a car? Dealers will shovel piles of crap on you to make a sale. Looks like this distro was willing to do the same.

Dishonest, yes. But worthy of calling the police? I don't think so...?

Sucks you were lied to. You'd be doing the community a big favor by calling them out. Why let someone else step in the same pile o crap?

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What's the crime, here? Have you ever bought a car? Dealers will shovel piles of crap on you to make a sale. Looks like this distro was willing to do the same.
Dishonest, yes. But worthy of calling the police? I don't think so...?
Sucks you were lied to. You'd be doing the community a big favor by calling them out. Why let someone else step in the same pile o crap?

No crime, just sleeze. They literally lied to him. Thats not cool with me. I guess if you really really must have your stupid shiny LE then you can brush it off, but I'd never do business with somebody so willing to lie to me. If they are willing to lie to me about that, what else are they willing to lie to me about in the future? What if I need parts or service or support, am I willing to risk more lies? Not me personally, and I feel that sort of behavior should not be rewarded with a sale. Like I said though, if you gotta have your precious shiny, then screw it I guess!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-preorder-an-le-for-14999-legit?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.