112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I swear I recall seeing the person doing the voices for this machine in the studio in some video clip, and i thought it was in the same documentary.

You probably are thinking about Suzanne Ciani, an electronic musician, doing the Voice and the music for Xenon in this documentary:

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Can we get some video of the Metamorphosis, or is that a secret??

You don't want to spoil the surprise.

Just like you never want to see the WH2O win on video - experiencing it for yourself is like getting your first blowjob.

1 week later
#134 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Now we just need to get Dutch Pinball on board before they get Stephanie to do the final recordings. I would love to be there when Scott says... "Um... Stephanie... there are just a few more lines we need you to say...."

Just like Stephanie did not go to Williams to record her lines (her boyfriend recorded them on to a DAT recorder), I doubt she is going to ever meet up and record with Dutch Pinball in person.

Every musician has a home studio nowadays.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

We met up with her for recording. She is a very nice person.
--Scott

Ohhhh, nice!

You upped Williams on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

2 months later
#218 10 years ago

Williams owns the BOP IP.

They don't want it devalued in any way.

So even if you write all new code, they still want to approve your use of any likeness, voices, artwork that is based on their property.

(they don't want the Bride to say "Lube me up with 40 weight and slam it up my interface port...")

-

If you re themed the game to something entirely NOT based on the Bride, Babymetal or something, then there would be nothing they could do about it.

8 months later
#518 9 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

I agree, although it's possible that an older version of the software has been used in the events and shows, and the bug was introduced just recently.

Take a 40 year old game, tug on every wire & socket and I'm sure you will shake loose every cracked solder joint in the machine.

Just like when someone puts a new MPU in a machine and suddenly a problem they've never seen comes up. They instantly want to blame tne new board, rather than the fact that they just yanked out 20000000 connections in an ancient game.

We should all take a deep breath......

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Which begs the questions. I'm doing a restore on my machine as well speak in prep for this game. Is there something I should do to help prevent this problem? Should I touch each solder joint with my iron to reflow things?

Get yourself a lighted magnifier lamp and carefully examine the solder joints. If you see a board that has had tons of work done to it on the back, it may have been taken in and out many times.

Look at the male pins. Are they still shiny? Are they grey with oxidation, or even turning black? Any brown connection points that have seen high heat?

Look at power supply. Is the big capacitor 25 years old? If it is, it's 17 years past it's expiration date.

MagnifyingLamp.jpgMagnifyingLamp.jpg 112833-i.jpg112833-i.jpg
#530 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Shouldn't the ghosting only be an issue with the old rom? I.e., the new BOP2.0 can do whatever it wants to support fading LEDs. Are you guys really expecting to spend a lot of time in old BOP-1.0 mode and care about ghosting while doing it (when you already would of had ghosting problems to begin with so no change)

I think what he is worried about is that the BOP 1.0 mode has the wrong ROM image in it.

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

its not really the wrong image, its the newest one, but not necessarily the best one.

Agreed and I see what you are saying.

OK, it's the wrong image for many collectors.

#535 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I really like that my retinas aren't on fire when I play the game.

Yeah, there was a Pinbot at the OH show a few years ago that had inserts so bright it left spots in my vision. Awful.

1 week later
#679 9 years ago

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/24/broken-video-games/#continued

It's a trend apparently, with all the major video game releases broken for the holidays.

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That's totally different. You pay roughly $59 for a video game. You pay $1000+ for a software kit to upgrade bop.

It's just as broken, either way.

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I don't want to argue, but: No, sir, it isn't. If it is - it's just as broken as ST, Metallica or TWD is/was/were.

If I bought my TronLE and the Recognizer did not move, the disc did not spin and the wall did not move down, I'd say THAT was very broken.

The face metamorphosis in the Bride is kinda the whole focal point of the game.

I look forward to seeing the whole game working.

1 week later
#789 9 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

AFM? Damn you UFOs, never finished it either!

You should at least one time defeat the Mother Cow!

3 weeks later
#861 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

as my good friend Tom Collins

I don't know about calling him a friend, but I've definitely done some drinking with your buddy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.