New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 66860)

Just pre-ordered BoP 2.0 kit!!

By pinlawyer

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 876 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Snux
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

337599.jpg
317320.jpg
coils.jpg
image-312.jpg
image-427.jpg
image.jpg
DSC_0003.JPG
Rudy1.jpg
112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

If so then using the proc board my remove the problem anyway

In the early days of P-ROC there was a little LED ghosting but that was fixed some time back. Assuming BOP 2.0 doesn't ghost, then 1.0 via Pinmame will be fine regardless of which ROM revision they're using.

The version of pinmame which drives P-ROC does so by performing a constant comparison (hundreds of times per second) of the state of each lamp within pinmame (on or off) to the physical state of the lamp controlled by the P-ROC. If they differ, the P-ROC is updated with the newly changed state. So the lamps are not controlled directly by the WPC ROM code.

1 week later
#714 6 years ago

Given that the game is being done under license and as a commercial product, I'd be surprised if any of the source code is available. Way back when BOP 2.0 first started up as a single machine hobby project, the code was available (as is code for a lot of the P-ROC hobby machines), but when Dutch Pinball decided to go commercial the code was pulled.

I can't see the terms of the license from PPS/Williams allowing anyone else to make changes, but then I have confidence in the team to deliver themselves.

2 months later
#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Im surprised this thread isn't exploding.

The buzz is over in the other 2.0 thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-20-owners-club-members-only/page/8#post-2208963

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside