112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or, alternately, maybe companies should stop taking our money and delivering half-finished products, with poor communication.

Nobody is holding a gun to our heads. They present a product and ask for our money, we can say no.

Quoted from Aurich:

Forget it, no more buying new stuff until you actually are ready to give me what I paid for.

That is probably the most sensible thing to do. It will certainly save a lot of worry.

On the other hand...

Quoted from rosh:

If folks are not willing to have some ups and down, then maybe they should stick with their 80s and 90s games exactly the way they are and just be happy and stop getting involved with new leading edge projects like BOP2.0 or any of the pins being made by folks other then Stern.

This statement matches my expectations. I'm in on a few pre-orders because I would prefer to get a break on the price and I don't think many of the new companies would exist if there weren't people willing to take a risk and pre-order machines. Would there be a JJP and WOZ if no one pre-ordered the game?

I expect the games will take much longer than initially stated. That's the thing with a new company, they haven't been through the whole process before so there's bound to be many things they don't anticipate.

Doesn't matter much to me how long it takes or how good their communication is if the games get made and are good. I figure there is plenty on their plate without having to hold my hand through the process. But that's just me. I understand that the project could fail if enough people who are more sensitive to poor communication, time delays, etc... make a "run on the bank".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.