112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Asking for updates while they have already stated the license is being hammered out is just asking the license holder to get pissed and not give them a green light.

Really? I would think that more inquiries asking when its going to be available would show the license holder that there is a strong demand for the product. Now, if Scott or any of the DP guys started giving out info before the licensing was sorted, that would definitely piss off the license holder. Asking is one thing....Giving is another...

Scott and the DP guys...get this done so we can start treating objects like women!

2 weeks later
#199 10 years ago

Not like I know anything....

I think it has nothing to do with TBL...I personally feel the project is 95% done and they are looking to get a final ok from the licensing people. Also, the website says 1st Quarter 2014...there's another 5 weeks in the first quarter...

but, thats just my opinion man....

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

There has been some talk about distributing the US kits from here, but I think the official answer is that they are shipping from the Netherlands. I'm sure that if it changes, they will let us know (since we haven't paid for shipping yet).

With Dutch Pinball USA in Chicago it would not surprise me to see (at some point) products being shipped to a North American address be shipped from Chicago. As they have noted with TBL shipping

1 week later
#268 10 years ago

Dutch guys are way on the up and up. They would do nothing to jepordize their relationship with PPS or Williams.

From my understanding, they are in a postion where they want to become a quality player in the manufacturing process of Pinball machines. They know that burning bridges doesn't do anyone any good. Thats why they are doing everything by the book.

7 months later
#466 9 years ago

I had also heard something that the Carpet Pissers may have been involved. Then, yesterday, new shit came to light, and this was found outside of Jaap's house. The guys down at the station are working in shifts. They have a feeling that Nihilists may have been involved...

marmot.JPGmarmot.JPG

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I need to find a bride!

I'm with ya Jay...I have been keeping my eyes out for one since Expo...

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

in the game that was at Expo this year.
--Scott

And that game was TITS!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Now i have the full restaurated Bride with new decals new clearcoted plastic next to a Stern TWD Pro
5 K for which game? definitly BOP 2.0

BOP 2.0 VS a Stern LE ? may be also 2.0 better sound better display, more at the playfield

Wow...congrats 2.0 owners and DP....

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Okay, I have a Funhouse and would be interested in FH2.0. I guess I have to do some research on Skit-B.

You have plenty of time to research

#585 9 years ago

Funhouse is one of my favorites....

I am modding mine now. Geert Koop from Koop Kustoms (he is doing some of the work on TBL) has my Rudy head and painting him up. I am adding some lights, and a few things here and there. Hopefully will have it at 100% by the first of the year.

Wanna get creepy? take Rudy's face off, invite the wife down for a game and don't tell her. My wife walked out of the room mid ball as soon as she saw him...

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Seriously. Funhouse deserves better. Hopefully someone else will pick up this project.

yep...think what DP could do with this...

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

but what is a reasonable price to pay for a clean, routed working game (without 2.0) now?

one just came up in Michigan for $2400. Not sure if its worth that. Pinside has an average cost of $1600 or so...

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

code is severely unfinished

Now that sh*t is funny right there...Cheeks, did you play it at Expo? How much time do you have playing with the new kit? "severely" may be a slight overstatement...

Quoted from kapsreiter:

-ist cooler then a new Stern pro

Post edited by burningman: clarity

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

The gameplay on this does look pretty awesome. I am really sorry for all the mean things I said about Dutch Pinball. Can I have mine now please?

No Soup for you!

#682 9 years ago

My father used to say to me, "Contempt Prior to Investigation is not attractive"

Quoted from markmon:

Seriously, this is a software only project and it doesn't even have completed software. It's really inexcusable.

I am not a programmer, but if this was as simple as a software only project, wouldn't we just be installing a $10 rom in BOP? Thats what I did with my TZ and TAF. Seems like there is a little more in that box than just a $10 rom.

Also, (and I am just watching this, no skin in the game)...it appears that the only people concerned about the kit have not played the game themselves. Even our brothers over in Europe who had the same concerns that the US buyers did are very impressed with the game play, and looking forward to seeing what is to come.

Quoted from mayuh:

BoP2.0 is frigging awesome. Forget all videos you've seen, pictures or anything. You have to play it. Atmosphere, sound, lightshow - Everything is just right. To be honest, we started comparing it to Stern's StarTrek. That's how great the whole package is!
Worth the wait, and every penny.
Some minor stuff here and there, but no showstoppers anywhere.
Awesome! Hervorragend! Bellisimo!

Is there anyone on here that has the kit, installed the kit, played the game, and still disappointed? Correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen this.

I have played BOP 2.0. It kick's ass. For the record...If anyone has a BOP...adds the kit, and is not happy with it please let me know...would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Maybe I have got this wrong, but . . .

Nope...I think you are 100% accurate...

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This thread has me stressed out. I'm going to lay down.

Don't let it...I am really looking forward to reading back through this in 6 months....

I could see this aggression with other companies that have a proven track record of games not being delivered on time and code not being complete. But no matter how much we want to think DP is in the same league as these other companies, they are not. I see DP catching a lot of flack because of frustration that has been created by other companies.....

DP is fast approaching becoming a competitor. But they are new, and cutting teeth is painful. Putting all your faith in a new company is something to be proud of, but thinking they will not have bumps in the road might be a little short sighted.

Here's a thought....maybe the guys in the US could wait until they have their own kit, with the code that's provided to bitch about it. For all we know, the US guys could be getting a finished product. Maybe not. But if so, isn't this just turning into a huge circle jerk?

#751 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

burningman - You have a lot of good feedback which is what is really surprising me that you continue to say that the frustration towards DP with BOP is not justified and that we have unreasonable expectations.

Everyone has different expectations...justified is dependent on the individual expectation we are talking about. For me...being a first day supporter of TBL, and DP having $8500 of my money, I would say I am justified to be pissed about all this BOP stuff. But I knew when ordering TBL, (before all these delays with the BOP project) that these guys were new, and my expectations needed to be realistic. As seen with BOP and even with TBL, there are things that they could not forecast being an issue. These types of things come with experience, and I fully expect DP not to have the same issues again with other projects.

DP is listening and I am sure looking back, they would have done some things differently. There will be some things they won't do in the future based on these experiences. I could see the fire and pitch forks if we were talking about a company that has 50+ years of experience making Pinball Machines. But not DP. I feel that while they are learning to walk, we shouldn't be kicking them in the nuts as soon as they try to stand up.

Each of us have a different threshold of pain. Some can hack and some can't. That's not a dig at anyone, just the way life is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 27.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=burningman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.