112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrad97.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 10 years ago

I ordered mine today. Now I have to get my playfield touched up and clear coated. Can't have it looking rough when I get the new stuff put in.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Let me know who you use. I need the same done with mine but everyone I've talked to isn't taking on new work right now or isn't doing anything but clearing NOS playfields

I do it myself. It's not to bad if you have your own HVLP gun and a girlfriend with a garage that is out of town for a few weeks.

The worst part is the sanding and timing it right.

#115 10 years ago

I am on board big time for this. I have ordered and will be going with the color DMD if it is available.

One thing I haven't heard talked about was from watching the gameplay videos, the call outs seem tame. One of the charms of the original game was the suggestive call outs. I think that is one of the things that make the Elvira games so popular. Face it, the majority of pinball players are guys.

I was thinking about all of the really cool slightly suggestive phrases that could be used.

"Do that again"
"Faster"
"You missed"
"I like that"
"Don't stop"
"I can't wait"
"I want it"
etc

I think you are missing a great opportunity here if you already have Stephanie Rogers. Get her to say some of the things we have been waiting 20 years to hear the Bride say.

#118 10 years ago

The original BoP has a family mode which turns off the "Yes, Yes, YESS" and also I think the part where she says, "how do I look?" So it is doable

#119 10 years ago

So Scott.. is that a thumbs down on the dirty talk?

#124 10 years ago

Ok. You can at least video record her saying, "yes, yes, YES". I imagine that will boost your sales by at least 50%. It is about the bottom line, right?

#125 10 years ago

AND... The option for a profanity "ROM" would be a real money maker. Just saying....

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It has now gone from crazy to creepy!

Or has it?

#131 10 years ago

Now we just need to get Dutch Pinball on board before they get Stephanie to do the final recordings. I would love to be there when Scott says... "Um... Stephanie... there are just a few more lines we need you to say...."

#138 10 years ago

Hey Scott. I am getting off topic here but it is cool that you are involved in this. You probably don't remember me but I sold you some music stuff years ago on Ebay. Don't remember what it was but I remember the name. (maybe drum machines or midi stuff?)

Since we are old friends.... How about the suggestive Stephanie stuff now?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

We met up with her for recording. She is a very nice person.
--Scott

Can you get her autograph for me next time you see her?

Have her make it out to:

Brad,
yes, yes, YES!
Stephanie

#151 10 years ago

Thanks Al,
Yeah we were keeping in mind that these systems will be in a potentially hot and high vibration environment. SSD is a no brainer.
--Scott

Speaking of hot and high vibration. Where are we with the Stephanie voice-over updates?

(you think I forgot?)

#154 10 years ago

Should we be worried about the licensing hold-up on the 2.0 project?

"Update 12/13/13: We are finalizing the license with the respective companies."

2 weeks later
#156 10 years ago

Paid for my 2.0 a few days ago. I am just a few days and a couple minor tweaks from having my BoP fully restored.

Can't wait to play her again... and then with her new "brain"...

1 week later
#157 10 years ago

Fully restored and ready. Now where's my 2.0 kit?

IMG_20140104_202800_143.jpgIMG_20140104_202800_143.jpg

#160 10 years ago

Brad,
Did you install black artwork on it? She looks great!! Nice work.

Yes. I was able to get the artwork from someone and had them printed here in the states. I loved the purple, but I think the black looks really cool too.

I almost went with the purple grills like you have on yours, but I chickened out and when chrome and silver.

#161 10 years ago

I always wanted the chrome hinges for it. So I got them too. Mike Chestnut hooked me up.
IMG_20140103_210702_533.jpgIMG_20140103_210702_533.jpg

#163 10 years ago

$8000 by Christmas.

#165 10 years ago

WOW! If I did not just re-decal my cabinet in purple originals, I definitely would have done black. That looks outstanding!
I think you are off by a few thousand by Christmas.

Thanks, but I think $10,000 by Christmas is crazy. But whatever.... you may be right.

#166 10 years ago

So... While we are on the subject. Did Stefanie Rogers finish her voice-over work?

#168 10 years ago

We were on the subject of Stefanie again?
We will be planning some studio time with her soon. We are working on some additions to the code and want to wait to make sure we get all the audio we need.
--Scott

When you say "we need" you are talking about what "I need" too, right?

Thought so. Thanks!!!

Best day ever!!

#170 10 years ago

My 2.0 kit arrived in the mail today!!!

Oh wait.... that was the dream I had last night.... nevermind

3 weeks later
#176 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone heard anything new on when these kits may start shipping or if the license concerns have been resolved?

Yeah! Mine should have been here by now!! Scott?

3 weeks later
#200 10 years ago

I understand about the license issue and no updates.

But I wonder where they are with migrating the DMD art over to color? I know that they mentioned that they needed to make some updates to that in order to work with the color DMD. Is that finished?

Is the code finished? Are kits assembled and ready to go?

Can't we get updates on the other stuff that won't upset the license deal?

1 week later
#241 10 years ago

My 2.0 kit just came in the mail today!!!

I am just kidding. But I hope to say this for real soon...

I know. it was mean...

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

You can't think of this kit as a "mod" because it's not. This is a new conversion game kit. You are basically getting a new game and can still play the old game too. So you have 2 games in one cabinet therefore saving space for another cabinet!

That's the way I looked at it. Pretend that your BoP is still in your collection and you are adding a NEW game with a color DMD and premium speakers for under $2000 without losing the floor space.

For me it is a no brainer.

7 months later
#517 9 years ago
Quoted from pinbarry:

We will start to send out more kits this week to see if these same problems will occur with other Brides.
- Barry

If you want to see if the problem occurs in the U.S. I am willing to install it. I am #40something I think, but I would be willing to take one for the team.

1 week later
#645 9 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just got mine... Installed it (two hours) and booted the old girl up for the first time. Raw and unedited footage right here...
I'm gonna clean up the mess, and play it a bit. More videos to follow...
I just wrote some suggestions for the video installation manual to Barry - so you guys are all set, when you receive yours.
Spoiler: goosebumps are included
Shaking iPhone video here:
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video it looks great. FYI. You are missing the pan under the rotating head and rubber on your flipper bats. (unless no rubber is required for 2.0)

#674 9 years ago

The gameplay on this does look pretty awesome. I am really sorry for all the mean things I said about Dutch Pinball. Can I have mine now please?

#685 9 years ago

I don't think anyone can argue that something went wrong with the BoP 2.0 project if you look at the facts.

We are already 9 months past the promised deadline and here we are finally doing beta installs with incomplete games and somehow DP had enough free time to have 3 TBL prototypes at expo.

Obviously some of the resources were moved from BoP 2.0 over to TBL, they had to be.

I understand the licensing hold ups, BUT the licensing issues didn't prevent DP from writing code to finish the game and from doing more beta installs. If they had done any of that last summer, we would have our complete kits in our hands right now. My fear now is that the game will never be finished since it appears that no new code has been written (other than color display) in almost a year.

#710 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

if the code is in the Python framework at least we could finish it ourselves. Assuming we get our kits

I wondered if that may have been their thinking all along. Get the kit out and let someone else finish the code. I am sure someone with ambition will get sick of waiting and complete the code themselves. Then being the awesome community that pinball is, he will make it available to me. Er. I mean us... I meant us.

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I did not, but I was more or less passively looking for one. Priced fairly, I might have bought it because of the BoP 2.0 kit. No way I would have considered that pin otherwise.

I would love to see a poll on who already had a BoP and who went out and bought one after finding out about 2.0. I have had BoP for years and everyone that comes over loves the game. I did do a full restore last winter in preparation for 2.0. I think for me, not having the original game included would have made it a tough decision. By dropping $2000 into a fully restored machine and getting 2 titles was a no brainer. Had I invested close to $4000 to $5000 in one 2.0 machine, I would have looked at other titles in that price range for sure.

1 month later
#872 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

sounds about right, there was a minor change needed.

Was it the change of the color of the plastic around the display so it will match the limited black edition?

You get it, right Calvin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrad97.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=badbrad97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.