112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago

Will the upgrade include all of the unfinished code (Metamorphosis, Etc.) when it ships?

#59 10 years ago

I'm really excited about it, but I'd really like to see the new Metamorphosis. It was like a completely different game when I played it at Expo. While that's good, it was like the old game was missing and the hardware for it made no sense. I'm in for sure, but some teaser video for the Metamorphosis would be awesome.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

That's a fair observation from what you have seen, but the game (main multiballs storyline) actually centers around "building the bride". The first phase of that story line however is to gather resources (steel) from planet earth, load them in your Space Shuttle, and travel to Planet Pinbot to unload the Space Shuttle, mold the steel into parts for the Bride, build the Bride, and make her live (metamorphosis). So it's a deep game with the personality of the Bride more towards the second half in the game, but we'll try to make the first half of the game less sterile by adding some more Pin*Bot interaction. Also we'll make the number of jackpots required to progress to the next part of the story a setting, so you can make it easier than the current 5 jackpot requirement.
Thanks guys,
Koen

This is what I was talking about! I know you guys don't have it finished yet, but showing an animation of the Bride building stuff would help a lot of people. Really excited about it.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Wow, those are beautiful animations! Very professional.

I honestly think that they are the best dots ever produced for a Pingame. I don't consider RFM/SWE1/WOZ to have dots...

1 week later
#79 10 years ago

I'm in. I saw someone that said they were #20. I got an e-mail from them saying something was being announced this week. We'll see!

#82 10 years ago

I sold my AC/DC Premium to buy a machine and the kit. I had other reasons to buy the BOP, but that was how I was able to do it. It'll be good to have another unique game in my collection (I sold my BBB and Varkon). Really excited!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Did I read correctly that the original voice actor for BoP was used again in this 2.0 reboot? If so, that is pretty impressive. The person who voiced BoP, Laurie Spiegel, is also an electronic musician, had a musical interpretation of the Kepler book "Harmonices Mundi" engraved on the gold record that is attached to Voyager and currently outside of our solar system, and did some ambient electronic music in the 70's that ended up being used in The Hunger Games recently.

Yes - It's true. Listed as a bullet point on the web page: http://www.dutchpinball.com/project-bride

1 week later
#129 10 years ago

I'm hearing the BBB callouts:

"A little to the left"
"A little to the right"
"Mmmm Perfect"

Wait, did I type that out loud?

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Hey Scott. I am getting off topic here but it is cool that you are involved in this. You probably don't remember me but I sold you some music stuff years ago on Ebay. Don't remember what it was but I remember the name. (maybe drum machines or midi stuff?)
Since we are old friends.... How about the suggestive Stephanie stuff now?

(If you pull this off Brad - You're my new hero!)

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Can you get her autograph for me next time you see her?
Have her make it out to:
Brad,
yes, yes, YES!
Stephanie

And as she's writing it - have her say it into a microphone...

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The OS is Linux and the boot time is somewhere near 30 seconds. It is not bad at all.

Is it a hard drive or SSD?

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It is a solid state drive.
--Scott

That will cut boot time at least in half (over a standard hard drive). Also, SSDs have less potential for damage in shipping. Very good idea all around!

2 months later
#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I see this all the time on the other threads so here goes (semi tongue in cheek).
Anybody want to sell their pre-order?
[ducking and running]

I don't think this will be necessary. I think they will have as many kits as they need. I'd like to know what's going on with the legal stuff...

#207 10 years ago

OK - I just got off the phone with Rick. This isn't really a BOP 2.0 issue, it's a "right to make changes to existing software" issue. This was something that was totally against the rules Williams had established. Industry leaders are behind this initiative for other reasons so BOP 2.0 is just waiting for the legal machine to get through it's process. This is the best way I can describe my conversation with Rick.

Personally, I feel better knowing it's not just about BOP 2.0. I think we'll have something special after all of this is figured out.

-Al-

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

that's good to know, but outside of containing the original BoP code they aren't changing existing software, its ground up new code.

But this is against the rules as well (look in your manual). It had never been asked before so it makes sense that they have to approve it. It'll have other good implications for pinball as well.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

I looked at the manual (the PDF one in the IPDB) and it says "Williams Electronics Games, Inc. reserves the rights to make modifications and improvements to its products". I'm not a lawyer but it makes sense that WMS has their say on BOP 2.0, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks Al for the heads up,

Williams has always been worried that if outside software was added to a game that something could be done that would cause problems with the game (like turning on a coil too long and it overheats, etc.). In the litigious world we live in, it's understandable. For that and other reasons it's a copyright violation to modify code if you are not Williams.

Having an agreement that it can be done under auspices of the license holder would allow changes in other code as well. Machines that had bad bugs could finally be rectified. It's a big deal if this goes through for a bunch of reasons.

BOP 2.0 will be the icing on the cake!

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just assumed from reading between the lines on Rick's post that this was about things he's hinted at, like code improvements to a Cactus Canyon Remake for instance.

He never said anything about that project, but I agree, that would make sense.

#222 10 years ago

Personally, I'm in until the end. The fact that this isn't about this one project is encouraging to me. I'm convinced that the project will be done, but it's not probably going to be on Dutch Pinball's schedule until this is resolved. I wouldn't read too much into it. All pinball projects take longer than anticipated. Good things are worth waiting for.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm not aware that anyone will be distributing it other than Dutch Pinball, that's not the model for that product as I believe it is all put together in the Netherlands and then shipped from there (I may be wrong on that) ... so if you want it I would stay in. We are pushing all the time to get this finished ... sometimes the wheels of progress need a little oil ...

There has been some talk about distributing the US kits from here, but I think the official answer is that they are shipping from the Netherlands. I'm sure that if it changes, they will let us know (since we haven't paid for shipping yet).

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its nice that they take our Money, for a product
when it is not sure if they can sell it

Actually, they were under the impression that there was no problem selling it. Something changed outside of their control mid-stream and we all just have to wait for the system to work.

I'd like to add that I'm not working for Dutch Pinball or PPS in any capacity; I'm a buyer just like many of you. I have been involved in many other projects in the pinball field and have built up a trust with many manufacturers because of my honesty and willingness to disseminate only the information they want to be made known. You can see this in the various videos I've been a part of over the years. We are all just trying to make the hobby work for us and I've been lucky enough to have had something to do with it.

1 week later
#243 10 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

anyone know what will the kit cost us dollars with shipping ? how about a warranty and tech support ?

Based on the Euro to US conversion and 70 Euros to ship, the full kit with display and sound is: $1899.53 today. It will cost more than that if you use PayPal though, even as a gift because they are not at the exchange rate exactly.

-Al-

PS - I'm glad I already ordered mine - that sounds like a lot of money now...

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

PS - I'm glad I already ordered mine - that sounds like a lot of money now...

I ordered my kit without a display and when they announced the color display was going to be sold at the same price as the monochrome (there's a word you don't hear anymore), I added one to my order. I'm still sorta holding out on the Sound system. I have one I built from a kit that I think will be pretty sweet.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Where is a post thet no BOP will be in BOP 2.0 ?!??!
would be a big xxxxxx if it is true

It was incorrectly reported and everyone went crazy. False alarm. Dutch Pinball will be releasing a statement soon to clear everything up. Don't Panic.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's great news. I've learned one thing from all this. No more pre-orders for anything for me. I just can't handle the emotional rollercoaster. Was really frustrated yesterday and now I'm excited again at least.

You would have shot yourself over BBB! This is NOTHING! This already has the blessing of top people in the Pinball industry. No worries...

6 months later
#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Bump
So how are they shipping these pre expo when I haven't paid shipping yet?

The kits for the U.S. are being assembled here and shipped from here to save costs. I guess they don't really know the shipping costs yet.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Think I could pick mine up at expo?

There is a rumor to that effect going around...

1 week later
#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy this from planetary or is it just shipping they'll be doing. I'd rather PayPal them then gift the money overseas to dp

I don't think Planetary has ANYTHING to do with it other than licensing right now. After the initial ship it might change, but, they have been saying that they are shipping directly from IL in the US.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like 40 dmd panels to a box and only see one, so my guess is ........... 39 That feels about right - 40, I mean 39 preorders. They probably need to run another 40 kits right now to fill orders that will hit after showing at Expo. Wow a color lcd too. I would like to offer a great big L*0~M-n to DP for developing this Super Game and then seeing it through to the end of actually making plug and play kits. Brilliant job of getting it done.
What is your guess at the numbers?

I thought they were over 50 orders. I *think* that this is only the EU picture. The US stuff is in IL and I'll bet there's more of it.

-Al-

1 month later
#534 9 years ago

I'm in the 99% Incandescent club so ghosting won't be an issue. I did put LEDs in the pop bumpers but that won't affect anything and I used the non-ghosting type anyway. I added some color with colored incandescent bulbs. I really like that my retinas aren't on fire when I play the game.

#578 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

To understand the comment, understand the Skit-B has announced they are doing FH2.0. As a comparison, DP is better.

Not to go too far off topic, but I'd have to agree. At least the DP website never took down a product they were supposedly developing...

1 week later
#658 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I think I am #11 on the preorder list. How many have been sent out, 2-4?

Only shipped to Europe so far.

#703 9 years ago

First off, I'm a huge supporter of the project and I do have "skin in the game". Buyers are concerned because of the big delays that have occurred and the fact that DP is on another bigger project. We accept that adding color would set back the project since all graphics would need to be re-rendered. The Metamorphosis is an important part of the game and if any modes should have been developed first, it was this one. I'm still really excited about the kit and can't wait to get it installed.

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I wondered if that may have been their thinking all along. Get the kit out and let someone else finish the code. I am sure someone with ambition will get sick of waiting and complete the code themselves. Then being the awesome community that pinball is, he will make it available to me. Er. I mean us... I meant us.

I really doubt that they want US touching their code. I know people who CAN do this, but, I'm sure the source code will be off limits. I think it'll eventually get done. I still trust them since all of my e-mail messages to Barry have been responded to (eventually).

1 week later
#794 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

No talk on this thread in a couple days. Guess everyone is happy!

Or just WAITING like normal...

1 month later
#868 9 years ago

Wait for it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awarner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=awarner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.