112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want it if they didn't include that, even as the wizard goal or something. That's too bad...metamorphosis is aweseome.

You can always play the original software with merely a couple button presses.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So, is this basically a remake of BoP into somewhat of a new game rules wise? After watching the video that is what I'm guessing. After all the upgrades with LED DMD and such it's like $1800 and then shipping on top of that.
I don't mean to be trolling here, but feeling like I'm missing something important.

So this is taking a fantastic theme, with fantastic art and lighting and a really cool toy, but an unfortunately shallow and limited ruleset, and potentially turning it into an A-list DMD title with deep rules that uses every shot and aspect of the playfield in an interesting and clever way. Oh, and you can play the old classic software at any time!

My only issue is the music. Very high standard to achieve to match the cool spacey original soundtrack.

2 weeks later
#46 10 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

No metamorphosis is really the deal breaker for me.......

You can still play the original software.

#73 10 years ago

Perhaps some more gameplay videos demonstrating the bride building aspects of the game would be helpful

2 weeks later
#121 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Brad,We have not finished the last of the recording yet with Stephanie. Although we do not plan on making the game obscene, you will not be disappointed with the final product.
--Scott

Any chance you could shoot some video of the recording session? I would love to see her doing the Bride voice.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am just going to leave the room for this one... haha

Don't act like you don't have a thing for the Bride.

#143 10 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding the price for the kit with the color display.

1 month later
#180 10 years ago

Agreed. Even "Nothing new to report, still working on licensing issues." is better then total silence.

1 month later
#238 10 years ago

Is the order form back up yet?

3 months later
#302 9 years ago

Even TheNoTrashCougar has vanished from this thread. Surely he knows something.

1 month later
#324 9 years ago

Indeed. It is irksome to see posts about TBL while only silence about BoP 2.0 as another month goes by.....

2 months later
#389 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

short one taken last night.
» YouTube video

Thanks! And more please!

4 weeks later
#581 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

You have plenty of time to research

Seriously. Funhouse deserves better. Hopefully someone else will pick up this project.

#589 9 years ago

Sorry that I contributed to the derailment of this thread.

kapsreiter, can you help us get this thread back on track? More video, perhaps?

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

metamorphosis will be included in the future
wizard mode?
you get modes by the wheel 3-4 different at the moment

This demands clarification from DP. All of the expense and waiting for unfinished software is very concerning. 4 modes and a multiball are not enough. Metamorphosis and a wizard mode are an absolute must. I look forward to hearing an explanation.

Edit: thenotrashcougar was too quick for me.

So then, can we get a time-frame for the software update? (Feels foolish to ask, but what the heck)

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

I'm going to chime in a little about the original code display. The kits are currently running software v1.08. What you see when you start the original code (a.k.a. PinMAME) is the actual output that PinMAME provides. This is already tweaked with a lot of startup parameters and believe me, this is the best I could do with PinMAME as is. For the record, we did not have this problem when we were still using the original DMD, since P-ROC DMD output was programmed in.
For the upcoming update v1.09 we're taking a different approach, which is to resize PinMAME behind some part of the screen that is obstructed by the speaker panel, and then in our own game code simulate a nice alphanumeric display.
» YouTube video
Here's a video showing the difference so far between v1.08 and v1.09 as far as the PinMAME display. New 1.0 display starts at 0:58. We're still tweaking the performance.
- Koen

Your response to our voiced concern makes me feel so..... valued!
Any reason why this sort of timely response can't be more routine?

And while you're around, can you comment on the helmet lamp issue with the original software?
Thanks,
Shawn

#697 9 years ago

What is funny and irritating is that in the very beginning before this even became a commercial product, the impetus was to broaden and improve an excellent machine with poor software. Now they release software that appears at least as gimped as the original? Very disappointing.

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

No, this software is way beyond the original. even in an unfinished state there is more to do than the original

Perhaps it's more interesting in person, but from watching the videos, the game is primarily: light lock- lock balls- multiball- repeat, with an occasional side mission. Where is the narrative?

1 month later
#824 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Not sure that is the case considering they could start releasing TBL before they finish/update to metamorphosis on this.

They could release it, but it had better be finished as only the foolish would buy it if they had still not delivered with BoP 2.0 software.

#833 9 years ago

Thanks indeed. Also, for the uninitiated, can you tell me what sort of bit you used to drill the holes in the ground plane?

Thanks

#848 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Yeah wham I'm talking about metamorphosis, I am referring to a fully utilized head in the game.it does not need to be done in the same way as the original. But some sort of head based transformation should be included, but it should really be either as a final wizard type mode. Or even as one of the big wheel modes "legacy mode" or something.

This^^ I understand its a new game, but to not take advantage of THE major feature
of the game in a way that uses it to its full thematic potential would be a tremendous waste of an opportunity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.99
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.