112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 9 years ago

Scott won't, he's in 'Merica!

#403 9 years ago

i know

You = the company

barry emailed before expo, when they are back at the 20th the start

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i know
You = the company
barry emailed before expo, when they are back at the 20th the start

I believe they said they hoped to get things shipping about 2 weeks after expo for Europe. Talking to Koen at expo he said 4 weeks in US.

#405 9 years ago

they said
we wills hip it at the week before expo, when we have packed TBL for Expo

then
we will ship it at the week when we are back from expo, it will be the first we will do

so lets see what happens now

#406 9 years ago

So this controller sounds pretty neat. I assume then that the pc is hooked to an always on source and the controller gets switched power and reacts to it by acting like a power button on the pc power button header?

My gameroom is a little different. Games are powered on and off via a set of remote power strips and wall switches that control them. What I did on CCC and what I may need to do here is this. Add a smart power strip into the system with the PC as the "main". Installed a push button power switch that when turned on will cause the PC to turn on. The smart power strip powers up the rest of the components now. To shut down, the PC power switch is hit again and the PC shuts down. When off the power to the rest of the system goes off.

Does your current install require the service port?

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

they said
we wills hip it at the week before expo, when we have packed TBL for Expo
then
we will ship it at the week when we are back from expo, it will be the first we will do
so lets see what happens now

directly cut form the email:
After Expo, our #1 priority will be finishing the BoP kits. As you can see in the pictures above, it's just a matter of putting them together and shipping them .

The first EU kits will ship within two weeks after we get back from Expo (We will be back on 10/21/14).

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

directly cut form the October 9th email:
After Expo, our #1 priority will be finishing the BoP kits. As you can see in the pictures above, it's just a matter of putting them together and shipping them .
The first EU kits will ship within two weeks after we get back from Expo (We will be back on 10/21/14).

#409 9 years ago

Just the one BoP 2.0 video at the expo? There's gotta be more!!

#410 9 years ago

How is it the BOP dmd animation looks better than anything Stern has ever done?

#411 9 years ago

That's what I thought last year befor the colorization

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That's what I thought last year befor the colorization

It's even nicer in color for sure, all that shading and detail that worked pretty good on the red DMD really shines with full color.

#413 9 years ago

a visitor of the expo told me the colordmd should not look very well

the resolution is very low and should look very unsharp !?!?

would like to see a better video then this 10 sec clip
at this video it looks ok for me

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

the resolution is very low and should look very unsharp

You can choose between 24 different dot shape settings, if this post on DP's forums still applies:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33#p134

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

a visitor of the expo told me the colordmd should not look very well
the resolution is very low and should look very unsharp !?!?
would like to see a better video then this 10 sec clip
at this video it looks ok for me

I actually hope not. I don't want it looking like my HD TV. I want it to look like a DMD, just with color. Having it to sharp seems like it would look even more out of place on such an old game. I'm weird though as I actually prefer the DMD look over these new color LCD screens.

#416 9 years ago

Yeah, it's still a DMD look, not a high rez video screen. It looks totally appropriate in person.

#417 9 years ago

I'd give my testicles for more videos of this game

#418 9 years ago

I still can't believe more videos haven't surfaced. Guess I'll get my kit, install it and take my own videos!

On another note... when will the BoP PF be reproduced?

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I still can't believe more videos haven't surfaced. Guess I'll get my kit, install it and take my own videos!
On another note... when will the BoP PF be reproduced?

Best to follow that here - http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,106.0.html

#420 9 years ago

Someone posted this on youtube, but you can't see the dmd and it's hard to hear the music/sounds

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 @ DPO 2014:

#421 9 years ago

Sounds like they changed the music since this 2013 video. I don't know if u like the new music =/ I wonder why they did that

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 - Gameplay video (October 201…:

#422 9 years ago

Hey guys,
The main music was changed during the middle of Expo 2013 to one of the Multiball tunes to mix it up a bit. So for DPO and Expo 2014, the music was changed back to the original.

Hope that helps clear it up a bit.

--Scott

#423 9 years ago

Ya, one of the reasons i got the kit is because of the original music.

#424 9 years ago

So the music from the 2013 video is still in the game, just only when you hit multiball? You think they will provide a way to set it to be the main music like the 2013 video?

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

So the music from the 2013 video is still in the game, just only when you hit multiball? You think they will provide a way to set it to be the main music like the 2013 video?

You are correct. The music from the 2013 video is one of the tracks from one of the other multiballs in the game.

At this point, it is set up like the videos from 2014.

--Scott

#426 9 years ago

What's the story with Phil and when are kits going to start shipping. Yet, another deadline promised has been missed without the courtesy of an update to the buyers of the product. The fact that what looked to be a major player at DP left is troublesome as well. How will this impact us getting our paid for kits?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-phil-leaving-dp

#427 9 years ago

Phil wasn't involved in BOP 2.0

#428 9 years ago

I think you should use the original music as the main music and use different music during different modes?

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I think you should use the original music as the main music and use different music during different modes?

That is what we are doing! Each mode and multiball has it's own music.

--Scott

#430 9 years ago

I would prefer that the main music from the 2013 video stays as the main music. I absolutely plan on buying the 2.0 system and I wonder how difficult it would be to adjust it so that's the main track for the game... I'll find a way lol.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What's the story with Phil and when are kits going to start shipping. Yet, another deadline promised has been missed without the courtesy of an update to the buyers of the product. The fact that what looked to be a major player at DP left is troublesome as well. How will this impact us getting our paid for kits?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-phil-leaving-dp

what deadline was missed, if you are referencing to euro shipping that hasn't been missed yet.

#432 9 years ago

Got a surprise phone call from Barry.

I may be a complete jack ass sometimes but I'm still a man of my word so I wont share our full conversation as it was a private conversation thus the call. I do feel it merits a post to advise that they are listening and that after speaking with him my confidence level is better especially since he confirmed that he was the one running with 2.0 and Scott was the main man for US.

I still do believe that actions are what speaks so that will tell the full story but I was very pleased with what he had to say.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got a surprise phone call from Barry.
I may be a complete jack ass sometimes but I'm still a man of my word so I wont share our full conversation as it was a private conversation thus the call. I do feel it merits a post to advise that they are listening and that after speaking with him my confidence level is better especially since he confirmed that he was the one running with 2.0 and Scott was the main man for US.
I still do believe that actions are what speaks so that will tell the full story but I was very pleased with what he had to say.

With out revealing your conversation, do you have an updated eta or when 'you' would guess it would arrive?

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

With out revealing your conversation, do you have an updated eta or when 'you' would guess it would arrive?

I'll let Scott or Barry themselves answer that question with a specific date if they have one as I didn't ask for a specific date while speaking with him. I did however get the feeling that the non-US kits are super close. The US kits sound to still have a hurdle or 2 to cross. Didn't seem like big issues but something that will prevent the US kits from going out when the non-US kits do (which is inline with their last communication).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some "my kit's been shipped" e-mails any day now for you non-US folks. Again, I preface this next statement with the fact I didn't ask for a specific date or timeline on the US kits specifically, but I'm thinking Santa may be delivering the US kits. Just my gut feeling at this point. Our conversation was more inline with DP in general, the communication challenges faced by the BOP 2.0 owners and my personal frustrations with the process.

Barry was very polite, took ownership for things that have not gone to plan and rightfully defended things that are just part of business. I respected him even more after the call as I know it took a lot of guts to call someone that was obviously very upset about their company. That takes a lot and shows to me, at least, they are still working and striving to improve their business one interaction at a time. Action will show everything so time will tell how they respond to these adversities that they have recently faced.

#435 9 years ago

so what is the actual U.S.cost$ ?

#436 9 years ago

I'm in! Just ordered. Only had BOP 2 days but have been looking for a long time with a view to getting this kit.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so what is the actual U.S.cost$ ?

Full kit looks to be $1996.58 US ($1595 Euro's) now. This includes the color DMD and speaker upgrades. Shipping is extra but we don't know that cost yet.

#438 9 years ago

Maybe the delays for the US orders are UL testing and other red tape type stuff?

#439 9 years ago

whow! thats more than i paid for the game. so this kit makes a great game $2g's better?

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

whow! thats more than i paid for the game. so this kit makes a great game $2g's better?

It makes your game 2 games in one since you can play both versions of the game still. This kit makes BOP more than a one trick pony which I feel increase the value of fun quite a bit.

It's a heavy price tag but don't forget you are also getting a color DMD and an upgraded speaker set-up with amp, sub and backboard speakers as part of that. Those two items combined are about $500-$600 if I wanted to add them to one of my new stern games.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Quoted from 85vett:

It makes your game 2 games in one since you can play both versions of the game still. This kit makes BOP more than a one trick pony which I feel increase the value of fun quite a bit.

Yeah, completely new ruleset for the 2.0 game with fully integrated color DMD. Makes it a completely different, deep game. And user select-able at the start, you can revert back to play the original game rules without swapping anything. I just wish it would get released some day.

#442 9 years ago

The music is the only thing stopping me from buying it today. I want to wait till I can see a video where I can hear it better

#443 9 years ago

Nevermind. I lied. I purchased it today.

#444 9 years ago

Hallo BOP 2.0 fans!

I am proud to announce that i am the first test-client for BOP 2.0 in europe
thanks barry

my kit is packed and will be shipped out on monday and installed at the end of the week.

DP want to be sure that

- everything is included
- installation for advanced pinballers is possible
- will every mountings fit in the machine ?
- is the manual easy to understand (also when you are not the author )

during this process the next kits will be packed an prepared to ship.

if the feedback is, that everything is running without problems, the first orders will be shipped
end of next week or may be 1-2 days later.

infos will be posted here at the end of next week.

exciting greetings from europe

tom

www.freaktech.at

IMG_2699.JPGIMG_2699.JPG

#445 9 years ago

Good news, but probably means I'll be lucky to get mine here in the US by the end of the year.

#446 9 years ago

Great news . I hope that's not a picture of the test packaging for shipment though

#447 9 years ago

I would like to volunteer my services to be the first US English language only test-installer . If this sounds like a good idea, please ship my kit to me and I'll install and feedback right away.

Thanks

#448 9 years ago

So if all goes well is there anything holding up US kits from shipping shortly after?

#449 9 years ago

I hope they just ship them and not charge us shipping after all this drama. Would be cool on their part.

#450 9 years ago

DP informed me that the kit was shipped today and should arrive
in 2 days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.