112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 10 years ago

Yeah. The standard DMD was $270 US and it looks like color DMDs are $400 for their kit so hopefully we will get credit for the standard DMD already bought and can upgrade for about the price difference. If so, I know what I'm adding

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Let me know who you use. I need the same done with mine but everyone I've talked to isn't taking on new work right now or isn't doing anything but clearing NOS playfields

I do it myself. It's not to bad if you have your own HVLP gun and a girlfriend with a garage that is out of town for a few weeks.

The worst part is the sanding and timing it right.

#103 10 years ago

this is sweet

out with the old orange DMD for the Bride, BoP is now in colour…..

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah. The standard DMD was $270 US and it looks like color DMDs are $400 for their kit so hopefully we will get credit for the standard DMD already bought and can upgrade for about the price difference. If so, I know what I'm adding

Not sure what you are basing the $400 on. They are not using the ColorDMD peoples color DMD.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

this is sweet
out with the old orange DMD for the Bride, BoP is now in colour…..
» YouTube video

Looks cool.

Can I bit nit picky for a second. Saw the tilt animation and heard "Chicago, we have a problem." Not sure where Chicago comes from but NASA is in Houston and the phase is normally, "Houston, we have a problem." Maybe Chicago was chosen for another reason but thought I'd bring that up.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks cool.
Can I bit nit picky for a second. Saw the tilt animation and heard "Chicago, we have a problem." Not sure where Chicago comes from but NASA is in Houston and the phase is normally, "Houston, we have a problem." Maybe Chicago was chosen for another reason but thought I'd bring that up.

Chicago = Home of Williams & Pinball.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Not sure what you are basing the $400 on. They are not using the ColorDMD peoples color DMD.

Just making an assumption since I don't see anywhere where the specific DMD is. I figured it's safe to assume that if their is a company that produces color DMD's as a kit for $400 it would be safe to say that just the DMD itself could be had for about that same cost.

My thought being expressed is the same that I hope we get credit for the DMD that was placed before the color option was an option.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Chicago = Home of Williams & Pinball.

Makes sense. Just sounded weird when I heard it as my ears are used to something different.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Makes sense. Just sounded weird when I heard it as my ears are used to something different.

We put that audio sample in for Expo and just left it there. We may or may not change it.

--Scott

#110 10 years ago

Every time I view this thread it makes me want to purchase this more and more! Lets hope we don't get a crazy cold winter so I can use my heating funds to purchase this instead.

#111 10 years ago

Does anyone know if BOP 2.0 can be confirgued for commercial operation? Ya know, at least require coins to play?

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Does anyone know if BOP 2.0 can be confirgued for commercial operation? Ya know, at least require coins to play?

At this point, it is free play only, but adding coin op to the game framework is definitely been considered. Are you an operator? We have had a few other people request this functionality as well.
--Scott

#113 10 years ago

Does the color DMD come with the "kit" now?

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Does the color DMD come with the "kit" now?

An official announcement will be made soon.
--Scott

#115 10 years ago

I am on board big time for this. I have ordered and will be going with the color DMD if it is available.

One thing I haven't heard talked about was from watching the gameplay videos, the call outs seem tame. One of the charms of the original game was the suggestive call outs. I think that is one of the things that make the Elvira games so popular. Face it, the majority of pinball players are guys.

I was thinking about all of the really cool slightly suggestive phrases that could be used.

"Do that again"
"Faster"
"You missed"
"I like that"
"Don't stop"
"I can't wait"
"I want it"
etc

I think you are missing a great opportunity here if you already have Stephanie Rogers. Get her to say some of the things we have been waiting 20 years to hear the Bride say.

#116 10 years ago

^^^ Um, that's a little WEIRD, but I'll second it anyways?!! ^^^

#117 10 years ago

While I do like the above for me personally, if you do add the suggestiveness back into the game please add an option to remove them in the settings (like sterns family mode). I say this as I like to have pinball parties for the local elementary school (my wife is a teacher there) and BOP doesn't get turned on for these due to that suggestiveness. That was one of the things I was looking forward to on this kit as I was now going to be able to get to use BOP at those parties.

I know what you are all thinking that it's not that bad but I just don't feel like dealing with the parents when she starts oohing and aughing.

#118 10 years ago

The original BoP has a family mode which turns off the "Yes, Yes, YESS" and also I think the part where she says, "how do I look?" So it is doable

#119 10 years ago

So Scott.. is that a thumbs down on the dirty talk?

#120 10 years ago

Hey Brad,
We have not finished the last of the recording yet with Stephanie. Although we do not plan on making the game obscene, you will not be disappointed with the final product.

--Scott

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Brad,We have not finished the last of the recording yet with Stephanie. Although we do not plan on making the game obscene, you will not be disappointed with the final product.
--Scott

Any chance you could shoot some video of the recording session? I would love to see her doing the Bride voice.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Any chance you could shoot some video of the recording session? I would love to see her doing the Bride voice.

How about INCLUDING video of her recoding session as an extra feature IN the pin! You can display it on the Color DMD!

#124 10 years ago

Ok. You can at least video record her saying, "yes, yes, YES". I imagine that will boost your sales by at least 50%. It is about the bottom line, right?

#125 10 years ago

AND... The option for a profanity "ROM" would be a real money maker. Just saying....

#126 10 years ago

Now you guys are getting crazy.
--Scott

We're crazy? We're not the ones making the new machine, that's crazy, but in a freaking awesome way.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

You can at least video record her saying, "yes, yes, YES".

It has now gone from crazy to creepy!

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It has now gone from crazy to creepy!

Or has it?

#129 10 years ago

I'm hearing the BBB callouts:

"A little to the left"
"A little to the right"
"Mmmm Perfect"

Wait, did I type that out loud?

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

While I do like the above for me personally, if you do add the suggestiveness back into the game please add an option to remove them in the settings (like sterns family mode). I say this as I like to have pinball parties for the local elementary school (my wife is a teacher there) and BOP doesn't get turned on for these due to that suggestiveness. That was one of the things I was looking forward to on this kit as I was now going to be able to get to use BOP at those parties.
I know what you are all thinking that it's not that bad but I just don't feel like dealing with the parents when she starts oohing and aughing.

Since its running a p-roc there is no reason you cant replace the sound samples with other sounds. Very easy.

#131 10 years ago

Now we just need to get Dutch Pinball on board before they get Stephanie to do the final recordings. I would love to be there when Scott says... "Um... Stephanie... there are just a few more lines we need you to say...."

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I would love to be there when Scott says... "Um... Stephanie... there are just a few more lines we need you to say...."

I am just going to leave the room for this one... haha

#133 10 years ago

I am just going to leave the room for this one... haha

Don't act like you don't have a thing for the Bride.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Now we just need to get Dutch Pinball on board before they get Stephanie to do the final recordings. I would love to be there when Scott says... "Um... Stephanie... there are just a few more lines we need you to say...."

Just like Stephanie did not go to Williams to record her lines (her boyfriend recorded them on to a DAT recorder), I doubt she is going to ever meet up and record with Dutch Pinball in person.

Every musician has a home studio nowadays.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like Stephanie did not go to Williams to record her lines (her boyfriend recorded them on to a DAT recorder), I doubt she is going to ever meet up and record with Dutch Pinball in person.
Every musician has a home studio nowadays.

We met up with her for recording. She is a very nice person.

--Scott

#136 10 years ago

--Scott

Ohhhh, nice!

You upped Williams on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm hearing the BBB callouts:
"A little to the left"
"A little to the right"
"Mmmm Perfect"
Wait, did I type that out loud?

I dunno, are your cube mates looking at you funny?

#138 10 years ago

Hey Scott. I am getting off topic here but it is cool that you are involved in this. You probably don't remember me but I sold you some music stuff years ago on Ebay. Don't remember what it was but I remember the name. (maybe drum machines or midi stuff?)

Since we are old friends.... How about the suggestive Stephanie stuff now?

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Hey Scott. I am getting off topic here but it is cool that you are involved in this. You probably don't remember me but I sold you some music stuff years ago on Ebay. Don't remember what it was but I remember the name. (maybe drum machines or midi stuff?)
Since we are old friends.... How about the suggestive Stephanie stuff now?

(If you pull this off Brad - You're my new hero!)

#140 10 years ago

--Scott

Can you get her autograph for me next time you see her?

Have her make it out to:

Brad,
yes, yes, YES!
Stephanie

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Can you get her autograph for me next time you see her?
Have her make it out to:
Brad,
yes, yes, YES!
Stephanie

And as she's writing it - have her say it into a microphone...

#142 10 years ago

New preorders on hold? I thought we had until January?

#143 10 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding the price for the kit with the color display.

#144 10 years ago

As a matter of interest, as the main code is running on a PC, will there be a noticable boot up time?
All pins power up and are ready to play within a few seconds, I would hate to have to wait a minute or two before playing.
What operating system does the PC run?
Andrew

#145 10 years ago

The OS is Linux and the boot time is somewhere near 30 seconds. It is not bad at all.

#146 10 years ago

The OS is Linux and the boot time is somewhere near 30 seconds. It is not bad at all.

Is it a hard drive or SSD?

#148 10 years ago

For an update on the pre-orders, we are finalizing the license with the respective companies. During this process we were asked to remove the pre-order from our website, but it will be back up soon. Thank you for your patience.
--Scott

#149 10 years ago

It is a solid state drive.
--Scott

That will cut boot time at least in half (over a standard hard drive). Also, SSDs have less potential for damage in shipping. Very good idea all around!

#150 10 years ago

Thanks Al,
Yeah we were keeping in mind that these systems will be in a potentially hot and high vibration environment. SSD is a no brainer.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 40.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.