112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 10 years ago

SWEET! I'll be ordering it then. Sounds like it's time to start collecting parts. My game plan was to install this at the same time I restore my BOP so I only have to tear it apart once.

#52 10 years ago

I finally cracked and paid for my order today! I was very impressed when I saw it at the Expo. It's expensive but it's a whole new game, plus I can still play the original.

#53 10 years ago

Will the upgrade include all of the unfinished code (Metamorphosis, Etc.) when it ships?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

So I have a bit of unofficial info regarding the project. At this time, it looks like the project is a go! The cutoff date for ordering is Jan 1st, 2014. The cutoff date for payment is Feb 1st, 2014. Also, the team is looking into making this a one-time run of kits.
There will be an official communication coming out soon about this, so stay tuned. Dates are subject to change, but they should be close to that.
Let me know if you guys have any more questions. Thank you,
--Scott

Lot of work for a one-time run. Is there no way to just purchase the speaker panel and software for this conversion? Already have a P-ROC and DMD. It would be nice to think if i wanted to do this in the future it would be possible, not locked out because it was missed this one time. It would also be nice to offer just the software as a license, even if a speaker panel had to be made.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Will the upgrade include all of the unfinished code (Metamorphosis, Etc.) when it ships?

Yes, we will not be delivering a machine with unfinished code. It will all be there before it ships.

Quoted from shimoda:

Is there no way to just purchase the speaker panel and software for this conversion? Already have a P-ROC and DMD. It would be nice to think if i wanted to do this in the future it would be possible, not locked out because it was missed this one time. It would also be nice to offer just the software as a license, even if a speaker panel had to be made.

This will not be sold individually, although we do offer a few kit options in case you have your own DMD and audio amplifier. Please keep in mind that these kits also come with highly configured computer systems to run the machine. The software does not just include the game code.

--Scott

#56 10 years ago

People who think it's too expensive or are in doubt because of the cost: after the purchase, you could sell the original CPU and the original display and display-controller (and the audio-pcb?).
I think wouldn't do that, but hey, it will make a difference in how much it'll cost you in the end.

#57 10 years ago

I received my invoice two days ago, and it says "invoice id : 45".

If this is the number of kits they already sold, it seems that Bop 2.0 is gonna be a huge hit for dutch pinball.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

If this is the number of kits they already sold, it seems that Bop 2.0 is gonna be a huge hit for dutch pinball.

And it should be. The guys made an incredible upgrade for BOP. I played this at expo and if you like BOP you will love BOP 2.0

#59 10 years ago

I'm really excited about it, but I'd really like to see the new Metamorphosis. It was like a completely different game when I played it at Expo. While that's good, it was like the old game was missing and the hardware for it made no sense. I'm in for sure, but some teaser video for the Metamorphosis would be awesome.

#60 10 years ago

Reminds me of Pro Pinball Timeshock.

#61 10 years ago

This is killng me , I love my bride and it would be awesome to have this kit. But I don't have the money yet , I guess I have till jan to decide .

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Ha, I have invoice 3. It would have been lower but my bank had issues with the payment so that took a few days.

#63 10 years ago

I have the illustrious INVOICE # 20! That means all of you have me to thank for this project getting done. I'm the one that met the 20 game minimum threshold. Thanks goes to my bank who also had some issues sending this, otherwise I would have been in much earlier and would not have received this glorious distinction.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have the illustrious INVOICE # 20! That means all of you have me to thank for this project getting done. I'm the one that met the 20 game minimum threshold. Thanks goes to my bank who also had some issues sending this, otherwise I would have been in much earlier and would not have received this glorious distinction.

#65 10 years ago

I played it Expo. I thought the whole package was awesome. It put the boutique pins to shame. Very professionally done. Well worth the price in my opinion.

#66 10 years ago

"Chicago, we have a problem!" No thanks. The original game is very good. I don't understand why all this effort was put into a system 11 when for another $1500, you could include a populated playfield and a translite and truly have an original kit that would be a 3 grand upgrade for standard body cabs with trashed electronics and/or playfields.

More is good, but this one's just not for me. Congrats to those who are doing the upgrade.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

"Chicago, we have a problem!" No thanks. The original game is very good. I don't understand why all this effort was put into a system 11 when for another $1500, you could include a populated playfield and a translite and truly have an original kit that would be a 3 grand upgrade for standard body cabs with trashed electronics and/or playfields.
More is good, but this one's just not for me. Congrats to those who are doing the upgrade.

BOP has a cool playfield layout and graphics, but the rules are imbalanced and, well, not very challenging. BOP2 builds a whole new game on the pf configuration, and adds DMD graphics and audio to complement the rules. Plus you can play the original BOP as well. For about $3k you can have 2 games in one cab, and I'm guessing BOP2 will be comparable to any decent DMD game in the $3k range, based on my observations at Expo.

Basically, it'll be worth it to those who go for it; others may not care to upgrade their BOP!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I don't understand why all this effort was put into a system 11

Huh?

First of all, BoP isn't a Sys11 (I don't think). Isn't it considered a WPC like Funhouse?

Second, Sys11 games are awesome. Swords of Fury anyone?!?

Third, BoP has long been viewed as a cool game with an interesting playfield and an overly simple ruleset. I love shooting the various loops on BoP, but they just aren't very rewarded from a scoring standpoint. This kit re-works the rules to force you to utilize the rest of a pretty cool and fast, combo-oriented playfield.

To be fair, I wish the new software was much more "build the bride" oriented, rather than the somewhat sterile space shuttle theme, but it does allow you to easily swap back and forth between BoP 1 and 2 software. That said, we have not seen the final software yet, so hopefully they will implement more of the Bride feeling into the new game, but even if not, they are still providing the ability to play 2 completely different game within one platform with no playfield swapping, etc.

#69 10 years ago

I watched the video. Same two shots as before. Over and over again. Now there's a DMD. Zzzzzzzzzzz

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I watched the video. Same two shots as before. Over and over again. Now there's a DMD. Zzzzzzzzzzz

After you play it
I'll bet you like it

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The game is not like that if you play more modes and less for normal multiball. A video can only show a part of the strategies you can chose: if you make the multiball-choice, indeed it's aiming for a few shots only. If you go modes, it's various shots for the different modes. I agree with Pdxmonkey: wait till you play it before judging it (ofcourse you can have a 'first impression by video' before that, but still, don't judge it before you play!).

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

To be fair, I wish the new software was much more "build the bride" oriented, rather than the somewhat sterile Space Shuttle theme

That's a fair observation from what you have seen, but the game (main multiballs storyline) actually centers around "building the bride". The first phase of that story line however is to gather resources (steel) from planet earth, load them in your space shuttle, and travel to Planet Pinbot to unload the space shuttle, mold the steel into parts for the Bride, build the Bride, and make her live (metamorphosis). So it's a deep game with the personality of the Bride more towards the second half in the game, but we'll try to make the first half of the game less sterile by adding some more Pin*Bot interaction. Also we'll make the number of jackpots required to progress to the next part of the story a setting, so you can make it easier than the current 5 jackpot requirement.

Thanks guys,

Koen

#73 10 years ago

Perhaps some more gameplay videos demonstrating the bride building aspects of the game would be helpful

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

That's a fair observation from what you have seen, but the game (main multiballs storyline) actually centers around "building the bride". The first phase of that story line however is to gather resources (steel) from planet earth, load them in your Space Shuttle, and travel to Planet Pinbot to unload the Space Shuttle, mold the steel into parts for the Bride, build the Bride, and make her live (metamorphosis). So it's a deep game with the personality of the Bride more towards the second half in the game, but we'll try to make the first half of the game less sterile by adding some more Pin*Bot interaction. Also we'll make the number of jackpots required to progress to the next part of the story a setting, so you can make it easier than the current 5 jackpot requirement.
Thanks guys,
Koen

This is what I was talking about! I know you guys don't have it finished yet, but showing an animation of the Bride building stuff would help a lot of people. Really excited about it.

#75 10 years ago

Wow, those are beautiful animations! Very professional.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Wow, those are beautiful animations! Very professional.

I honestly think that they are the best dots ever produced for a Pingame. I don't consider RFM/SWE1/WOZ to have dots...

1 week later
#77 10 years ago

Has the 50 units been pre-sold yet?!?!?!

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Has the 50 units been pre-sold yet?!?!?!

They needed 20 not 50 and from what I have heard, yes.

#79 10 years ago

I'm in. I saw someone that said they were #20. I got an e-mail from them saying something was being announced this week. We'll see!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

the team is looking into making this a one-time run of kits

So this means, either buy it now, or you can't get it again?!?! Hmmmm,..............

#81 10 years ago

I hope not, I pre-ordered but don't think i will have the money by Jan, 1st. Maybe by the end of Jan. A deposit would be nice to lock you in.

#82 10 years ago

I sold my AC/DC Premium to buy a machine and the kit. I had other reasons to buy the BOP, but that was how I was able to do it. It'll be good to have another unique game in my collection (I sold my BBB and Varkon). Really excited!

#83 10 years ago

Did I read correctly that the original voice actor for BoP was used again in this 2.0 reboot? If so, that is pretty impressive. The person who voiced BoP, Laurie Spiegel, is also an electronic musician, had a musical interpretation of the Kepler book "Harmonices Mundi" engraved on the gold record that is attached to Voyager and currently outside of our solar system, and did some ambient electronic music in the 70's that ended up being used in The Hunger Games recently.

#84 10 years ago

I just wish they'd keep the USA orders stateside instead of having to ship PROCs and other components over there to be configured/tested and then shipped back here.

I think they have at least one team member stateside right? I would think it should save on costs considerably and sell many more kits.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Did I read correctly that the original voice actor for BoP was used again in this 2.0 reboot? If so, that is pretty impressive. The person who voiced BoP, Laurie Spiegel, is also an electronic musician, had a musical interpretation of the Kepler book "Harmonices Mundi" engraved on the gold record that is attached to Voyager and currently outside of our solar system, and did some ambient electronic music in the 70's that ended up being used in The Hunger Games recently.

Yes - It's true. Listed as a bullet point on the web page: http://www.dutchpinball.com/project-bride

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Stephanie Rogers was the original voice of the bride.

http://www.hipchick.com/music/

#87 10 years ago

If I had BoP this would be an easy pre-order.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Stephanie Rogers was the original voice of the bride.
http://www.hipchick.com/music/

Huh... I think I blended documentaries in my head together. I swear I recall seeing the person doing the voices for this machine in the studio in some video clip, and i thought it was in the same documentary.

#89 10 years ago

Ordered and paid for today. Can't wait.

If I can get the kit in time to install it for TPF I'll bring it to the show

#90 10 years ago

I'm on the preorder list, but havn't paid yet. How are most of you paying? Wire transfer or paypal?

#91 10 years ago

I did paypal. When you order you'll get an e-mail with how to paypal them.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I swear I recall seeing the person doing the voices for this machine in the studio in some video clip, and i thought it was in the same documentary.

You probably are thinking about Suzanne Ciani, an electronic musician, doing the Voice and the music for Xenon in this documentary:

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You probably are thinking about Suzanne Ciani, an electronic musician, doing the Voice and the music for Xenon in this documentary:
» YouTube video

YES! That was the video! Vid, I don't think anyone is ever going to challenge you to a game of Pinball Jeopardy.

Everyone should watch that.

#94 10 years ago

Can we get some video of the Metamorphosis, or is that a secret??

#95 10 years ago

I ordered mine today. Now I have to get my playfield touched up and clear coated. Can't have it looking rough when I get the new stuff put in.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Can we get some video of the Metamorphosis, or is that a secret??

You don't want to spoil the surprise.

Just like you never want to see the WH2O win on video - experiencing it for yourself is like getting your first blowjob.

#97 10 years ago

I'm with VID. I'm not watching any new video's since I've ordered and paid. I'd like a surprise.

With that said, that doesn't stop anyone from posting one. I'm just going to steer clear and try to not hear about it. Kind of like DVRing the superbowl and watching it the next day. Going to be real hard but I'm gonna try.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I ordered mine today. Now I have to get my playfield touched up and clear coated. Can't have it looking rough when I get the new stuff put in.

Let me know who you use. I need the same done with mine but everyone I've talked to isn't taking on new work right now or isn't doing anything but clearing NOS playfields

#99 10 years ago

This looks exciting...

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#100 10 years ago

This is getting better and better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 40.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.