112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#802 9 years ago

Rarehero was order number one. Where's his?

#803 9 years ago

Appears he's not #1
Or local...I imagine someone has to test the kit before its mail out for QC

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Appears he's not #1
Or local...I imagine someone has to test the kit before its mail out for QC

bingo, like I said I picked mine up today.

#806 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
PDXMonkey, you are correct, I am setting up these computers in the order they were purchased. Calvin12 just happens to be local and bypassed all the packing and shipping part and stopped by to pick it up. Rarehero is indeed #1 and Calvin12 was #2.

I am still working my way down the list. I will be sending the first batch of orders to PinballLife next week for shipping.

Please PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
--Scott

#807 9 years ago

Great news Scott, and with that I believe a lot of people in the USA will now see DP as a solid company with just a few hiccups.

Any chance you could ask the Dutch guys if there's a new way to order the kit for the USA? (Not sure how this all works now with the current problems)

#808 9 years ago

Hey Anubis,
Absolutely. The kits will be created in batches of at least 25. You can go to www.dutchpinball.com and put your name on the list for the next run. Once we have 25 people, we can then start another run.

Hope this helps.

--Scott

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Anubis,
Absolutely. The kits will be created in batches of at least 25. You can go to http://www.dutchpinball.com and put your name on the list for the next run. Once we have 25 people, we can then start another run.
Hope this helps.
--Scott

how many do you currently have for the second batch ???

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Anubis,
Absolutely. The kits will be created in batches of at least 25. You can go to http://www.dutchpinball.com and put your name on the list for the next run. Once we have 25 people, we can then start another run.
Hope this helps.
--Scott

Did this sent my deposit via bank transfer and not heard anything. Can you confirm I'm down? PHIL DIXON UK

#811 9 years ago

Couple of questions if I could,

A) deposit is just $250? (Last I checked its in euro so I wasn't sure what it would come to before I went through the payment process

B) just curious what the various options are price wise in U.S. dollar

C) would love to know how many people are on the second list so I know how much time we might be waiting (I'm currently hunting a BoP down so time frame is helpful)

#813 9 years ago

Nice...this will help sooth the rabbity bunch. Please update how long does the install take.

#814 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rarehero was order number one. Where's his?

Couple of thoughts...

1. Why is that Calvin's problem? He doesn't work for DP, he shouldn't be expected to answer for them.

2. Seriously!??!? With all the FUD around DP since the Phil blowup, the first concrete iron clad good news about DP comes out and not only do you try to piss all over the parade, you actually take your pants down and try to deficate on it from eight stories up! BAD FORM! Celebrate when people do good things, don't obsess over a micro transgression. (And a perfectly justifiable one, at that!)

#815 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice...this will help sooth the rabbity bunch. Please update how long does the install takes.

It took maybe 2 hours, but I was taking my time, taking some pics, and working from the install instruction on page 10, not from any official docs. The install is easy.hopefully I'll get a write up on here today, I was busy lay night so didn't have a chance.

#816 9 years ago

Does it include metamorphosis ?

#817 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

not yet!

#819 9 years ago

They are still doing development. I have the game. even without metamorphosis there is more to do that the original. There are modes that make use of the loops and the heart ramp is useful now too.
I do want them to finish the code, I would be disappointed if they don't, the game is already at this stage more interesting than the original though.
I have no doubt they will be adding more code to the game. I know there is an update coming, the game will have more to it then, but will still need more to be complete. It is being worked on.

DP will finish this code if only to ease the fears of TBL buyers. If they don't finalize code on BoP no one will believe they will on TBL either which will kill them.

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

If they don't finalize code on BoP

Then what?

How do you go through all the trouble of "inventing" this and not include the original wizard mode?

Its nice that theres more to do,But leaving out metamorphosis defys common sense.Thats the FIRST thing they should have put in.

For me its a deal breaker and their are no indications ANYWHERE in pinball to make me believe otherwise.

However,of course,I hope its get done.

#821 9 years ago

i like to see the Pinbot video mode also

any idea how this starts "if you have spelled pinbot"

but where you must then lock the ball

i can`t wait for the update

#822 9 years ago

Then what?
How do you go through all the trouble of "inventing" this and not include the original wizard mode?
Its nice that theres more to do,But leaving out metamorphosis defys common sense.Thats the FIRST thing they should have put in.
For me its a deal breaker and their are no indications ANYWHERE in pinball to make me believe otherwise.
However,of course,I hope its get done.

The original "wizard mode" is still there, its in the fully playable 1.0 software that's included. They have planned to have a metamorphosis, its just not in the game yet.
Like I said before, if they do leave this incomplete it will likely devastate them on TBL. They can't afford to not do it.

#823 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

The original "wizard mode" is still there, its in the fully playable 1.0 software that's included. They have planned to have a metamorphosis, its just not in the game yet.
Like I said before, if they do leave this incomplete it will likely devastate them on TBL. They can't afford to not do it.

Not sure that is the case considering they could start releasing TBL before they finish/update to metamorphosis on this.

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Not sure that is the case considering they could start releasing TBL before they finish/update to metamorphosis on this.

They could release it, but it had better be finished as only the foolish would buy it if they had still not delivered with BoP 2.0 software.

#825 9 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Couple of thoughts...
1. Why is that Calvin's problem? He doesn't work for DP, he shouldn't be expected to answer for them.
2. Seriously!??!? With all the FUD around DP since the Phil blowup, the first concrete iron clad good news about DP comes out and not only do you try to piss all over the parade, you actually take your pants down and try to deficate on it from eight stories up! BAD FORM! Celebrate when people do good things, don't obsess over a micro transgression. (And a perfectly justifiable one, at that!)

Hey, easy, not trying to crap on things, and not Calvin's problem at all. But Rarehero was the first order, so just curious if he's about to get his. (He was first because he cheated and snuck into Expo through the kitchen before it was open.)

Hey, if you're local and can pick up then great, but are they about to go out the door then?

I'm happy for Calvin and want to hear more, didn't mean to come off negative.

#826 9 years ago

gameplay video here in a few minutes after it finishes uploading.

#831 9 years ago

At this point most of the work is complete.
Connect the 2 longer speaker wires to the head speakers. this is a spade connection, verify they fit, if they are loose you can crimp them slightly or choose to just solder the wires to the speakers. Run the wires for the computer power cable and the speaker wires down from the head into the cabinet. Mount the speaker panel in its normal position. If the panel does not fit all the way down check of the hangers are too tight. The previous owner of my game never knew the head could open so the blocks that the panel is hooked to were very unworn and since the wood was not worn the new hooks were too tight to fit so I bent them open very slightly. You may not need to do this.

Mount the amp to the cabinet in a convenient location.
Use the short speaker wire to connect the subwoofer to the amplifier. Connect the two longer speaker wires for the head to the amp.
Plug in the included power strip to the service outlet. Connect the amp to the power supply and connect the computer to the power supply.
At this point plug the game back in. turn on the power strip and start the game.

#832 9 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to collect pictures and posting.

#833 9 years ago

Thanks indeed. Also, for the uninitiated, can you tell me what sort of bit you used to drill the holes in the ground plane?

Thanks

#834 9 years ago

standard drill bit, I'll have to check the size

#835 9 years ago

I'm surprised with the drilling involved, albeit minor that this even got off the ground with Williams and such, but glad it did. It makes me think there won't be too many 2.0 conversions by dp or other companies as its a lot of work to put together a kit like this (more than what people who say this was a "software only project") and the tech support that could be involved as people remove a bunch of 30 year old connectors could turn into a pain as not all customers are created equal.

Exciting to see USA customers pretty close!

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I'm surprised with the drilling involved, albeit minor that this even got off the ground with Williams and such, but glad it did. It makes me think there won't be too many 2.0 conversions by dp or other companies as its a lot of work to put together a kit like this (more than what people who say this was a "software only project") and the tech support that could be involved as people remove a bunch of 30 year old connectors could turn into a pain as not all customers are created equal.
Exciting to see USA customers pretty close!

mounting the computer in the backbox is easiest, I suppose you can put it on the side wall of the head also rather than the ground plane. It is not being grounded to the plane.

#837 9 years ago

Did they suggest the tape to catch shavings or was that your idea. Its smart regardless.

#838 9 years ago

Thanks for the write up, ideas and pictures!

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Did they suggest the tape to catch shavings or was that your idea. Its smart regardless.

My idea, I did the install without formal instructions, from just from the ones on page 10 here. It's really straight forward.

#840 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't take it as negative. One thing we don't so well here in the U.S. is following a queue. I was really pleased when I first went to London (and I'm not saying Londoners are perfect) and found that people didn't allow 'line-cutting'. If someone is first and someone else gets served earlier, asking when the 'first' will get served doesn't seem negative or harsh. Frankly, it just seemed to me like a request for more information. After the months of delays, then EU orders getting sent out first (not a problem, just an observation) it seems reasonable to ask when US orders will go out. I know someone who has been waiting on this kit and I'm anxious for him to get it so others he knows (like me ) will get a chance.

Hopefully for those that did order, these will be on their way soon.

As for whether people would wait to order TBL until Metamorphosis is complete or the code is mature and done...if you signed up for Lebowski but not BoP 2.0, then TBL is what you want and whatever happens to the other product might not matter - especially when a physical machine you can actually play is being shipped. While Stern isn't the best example because they are an established company, it's close enough. It's not like people that want to buy TWD are saying, "oh, we will wait till Star Trek gets good fixed and finished code before we buy TWD."

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, easy, not trying to crap on things, and not Calvin's problem at all. But Rarehero was the first order, so just curious if he's about to get his. (He was first because he cheated and snuck into Expo through the kitchen before it was open.)
Hey, if you're local and can pick up then great, but are they about to go out the door then?

Fair enough, and my apologies; looks like I misread your intent. Joe and I both picked up our kits locally and agreed to do a once-over on the install process to see if there are any issues before the USA kits get shipped out. (I'm not an idiot, but I do a good job of playing one on TV. ) I was out of town for Christmas, so Joe got a head start.

Not to speak for Scott, but he's pretty easy going and likely wouldn't mind if somebody wanted to drop by and pick their kit up. But the kits are not quite at that stage yet; while I was over there last night I hung out and kept Scott company while he was assembling computers for other kits. Think tedium alleviation crew, with a side of "...and the dogs needed some petting". Figure that the kits are a week or so away from going out, maybe? It's all dotting Is and crossing Ts type things at this point; niggling little stuff that should (& needs) to get done before things go out to the world at large. (Open computer, install ram, install power switch, close computer. Open computer, install ram, install power switch, close computer. Open computer, install ram, install power switch, close computer. Open computer...)

I did get a sweet drawing on my box, though. I'll have to take a picture of it when I go through the install later today.

#842 9 years ago

Then what?
Its nice that theres more to do,But leaving out metamorphosis defys common sense.

I don't understand these questions. More to the point, I don't understand where the questions come from; I think you might have the wrong mental model for this project. BOP 2.0 isn't a project like Cactus Canyon Continued. With CCC, Eric's intent was to take CC and add & fix features on top of it -- CCC is CC "plus other stuff". BOP2 is the other way around; except for re-using the playfield layout and the theme it doesn't share anything* in common with the original code. "New everything" is really the appropriate model here. Insisting on having metamorphosis by name is a bit like painting a room a new color and then insisting it be exactly the same hue as the original color; the idea doesn't really make a lot of sense. Does the game use face 4? Yup. Is it going to use face 4 in the same way as the original? Nope. And I wouldn't expect it to, ever.

(And now I NEED to get about going through the install on mine, I have more to do since my game is starting out quite a bit more non-standard than his. )

* Very few sound call outs, such as "mission control, standing by" are re-used as nods. I think that's the quote but I can't quite remember it exactly off the top of my head.

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

the wrong mental model

Yeah I do have the wrong mental model.I looked at it as an add on ,expansion +DMD "mod",if you will.

Quoted from TheKorn:

doesn't share anything* in common with the original code.

The I guess forget everything you knew or liked about the original rules/code.

#844 9 years ago

Realize though they include an original copy of the game in the new system that you can boot instead if you want so you really have two games depending on mood to play.

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

so you really have two games depending on mood to play.

Very cool

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Realize though they include an original copy of the game in the new system that you can boot instead if you want so you really have two games depending on mood to play.

Exactly, once the software is done, it's 2 complete pins in one cab. It's like a virtual pins with only 2 games but both are physical. More games less space.

#847 9 years ago

Yeah wham I'm talking about metamorphosis, I am referring to a fully utilized head in the game.it does not need to be done in the same way as the original. But some sort of head based transformation should be included, but it should really be either as a final wizard type mode. Or even as one of the big wheel modes "legacy mode" or something.

#848 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Yeah wham I'm talking about metamorphosis, I am referring to a fully utilized head in the game.it does not need to be done in the same way as the original. But some sort of head based transformation should be included, but it should really be either as a final wizard type mode. Or even as one of the big wheel modes "legacy mode" or something.

This^^ I understand its a new game, but to not take advantage of THE major feature
of the game in a way that uses it to its full thematic potential would be a tremendous waste of an opportunity.

#849 9 years ago

yeah, I agree, I'm sure it will make it into the mix at a later date. Just curious, what are the odds that someone else might tinker with the coding if it doesn't make it in and make it an additional feature (just exploring any possibilities)

#850 9 years ago

Are any faces used at all right now or just stays on one of them. From the video looks like just stays on one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.