112833-i.jpg
MagnifyingLamp.jpg
a16.jpg
a13.jpg
a12.JPG
a11.JPG
a10.JPG
a9.JPG
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#2 10 years ago

That kit is incredible! It's a lot of $, but worth it.

#4 10 years ago

That's more then I payed for the whole game.

#5 10 years ago

I dropped the dough on this as well. This is the pin that hooked me on pinball. Ive been hoping for this kit for awhile, BOP was getting a little stale. This should rekindle my feelings for her!

Hope it will ship early first quarter 2014!

#6 10 years ago

Congrats Greg. Colton told me it is killer and ordered one as well. Looking forward to playing it.

#7 10 years ago

Looks awesome. Fun game that just got deeper.

#8 10 years ago

please keep us up to date on this. lots of BOP owners will be closely following this, and of course wondering if the 2.0 upgrade presents a worthwhile "Bang for the Buck"

#9 10 years ago

Is there a vid to watch it in action?

#10 10 years ago

Great stuff! Can you post a link please?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Is there a vid to watch it in action?

Here is a youtube video

#12 10 years ago

It looks really snazzy and definitely breathes life into an old table, but I'm bummed the original music style and "build a sexy robot woman in space" theme seems to have been replaced with "Space Shuttle 2.0". Is this video from an early version? Does the one they're showing at Expo have more Bride and less shuttle?

#13 10 years ago

The video that Captive_Ball posted is more than a year old. I'm assuming there has been changes after that. Don't know about the music, but at least they recently hired the original voice, Stephanie Rogers, to do the sound calls.

Let's see if anyone has a video of the version shown in the Expo. In another thread, calvin12 wrote he has posted a gameplay video on his FB page. Too bad he didn't provide a link.

#14 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm curious how the bride is actually worked into the game now.

#15 10 years ago

As far as I know, that video is not a good reference for how the game has become now. I'm sure we'll see some new gameplay-video's soon.

#16 10 years ago

Looks cool. The amount of constantly flashing inserts is going to be murder for anyone using LEDs. Love the spinner noise. Superb game that deserves a full scale proc update. I've been following this for a long time as well.

#17 10 years ago

I agree the video isn't up to date, but I didn't see anything new, and this reference gives you an idea of what it looks like....I too hope it is more involved then the above video

#18 10 years ago

Now you just have to find someone to install it for you

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

It looks really snazzy and definitely breathes life into an old table, but I'm bummed the original music style and "build a sexy robot woman in space" theme seems to have been replaced with "Space Shuttle 2.0". Is this video from an early version? Does the one they're showing at Expo have more Bride and less shuttle?

Played this last night at Expo, and the new sounds and the DMD are great. But I jumped off the fence because the two things that attracted me to BOP were the original sounds and bringing the bride to life. Metamorphosis is probably one of the best effects in a pinball game ever, and BOP 2.0 doesn't have it.

Not to say however that Dutch Pinball hasn't done an AMAZING job on the project. Just not for me.

#20 10 years ago

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want it if they didn't include that, even as the wizard goal or something. That's too bad...metamorphosis is aweseome.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want it if they didn't include that, even as the wizard goal or something. That's too bad...metamorphosis is aweseome.

You can always play the original software with merely a couple button presses.

#22 10 years ago

Man, it is just a shame they couldn't (due to the legalities) incorporate their great new ideas into the old music and sounds as well.

#23 10 years ago

game play video in other bop thread.

#24 10 years ago

I just pre-ordered, too!

I wasn't in the Expo myself, but according to the (few) images, videos and what's been reported the game looks & sounds amazing and should have some nice depth there, too. And you can always play the original game when you want to, it's selectable in the beginning of each game if I'm not mistaken.

The player profiles and tracking for the scores & trophies is something new in pinball (apart from P2K networking in Expo 1999) and very intriguing - click any of the players in http://www.dutchpinball.com/live to see a list of trophies. You'll get a better idea on the ruleset as well if you weren't there to play the game last weekend.

Oh, and regarding the music and the metamorphosis: Koen from Dutch Pinball wrote in the other thread that they have now changed the main theme music to something less annoying, and that the metamorphosis/turning the head will be there in the final game.

Obviously it's a work in progress at the moment, not everything was there yet and some glitches occurred as well. However, for it looks promising enough - and had progressed well enough - so that I pulled the trigger. Here's to hope 20 people pre-order as soon as possible so that things can move forward as soon as possible.

#25 10 years ago

I saw this at expo and it is professionally done. If I had a BOP, I would definately get it. The animations and sounds were incredible.

#26 10 years ago

I would go for it if the "old game / rules" were available in that upgrade.

#27 10 years ago

Yes, you can play either the original game or the updated game from a menu option. They showed this at expo too.

Quoted from Mrhide:

I would go for it if the "old game / rules" were available in that upgrade.

#28 10 years ago

So, is this basically a remake of BoP into somewhat of a new game rules wise? After watching the video that is what I'm guessing. After all the upgrades with LED DMD and such it's like $1800 and then shipping on top of that.

I don't mean to be trolling here, but feeling like I'm missing something important.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So, is this basically a remake of BoP into somewhat of a new game rules wise?

Ya. It adds modes, fresh sounds from the original voice artist and internet / login connectivity so you can select your initials when you start the game and keep playing as the same player and stats are kept e.t.c. Pretty bad-ass.

#30 10 years ago

So going rate on a decent BOP is $1500 plus $1800 for the BOP 2.0 kit for a total investment of $3300. Curious to see if this conversion takes BOP into the $3K plus price range. Otherwise, I'll spend my $1800 elsewhere.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So, is this basically a remake of BoP into somewhat of a new game rules wise? After watching the video that is what I'm guessing. After all the upgrades with LED DMD and such it's like $1800 and then shipping on top of that.
I don't mean to be trolling here, but feeling like I'm missing something important.

So this is taking a fantastic theme, with fantastic art and lighting and a really cool toy, but an unfortunately shallow and limited ruleset, and potentially turning it into an A-list DMD title with deep rules that uses every shot and aspect of the playfield in an interesting and clever way. Oh, and you can play the old classic software at any time!

My only issue is the music. Very high standard to achieve to match the cool spacey original soundtrack.

#32 10 years ago

I want to buy BOP! Someone has been listing it on the PHX Craigslist for months, but refuses to put up pictures....we know what that means....

I hope to find a good one and upgrade to 2.0. Let me know when it is done, I'd love to see it if you would let me!

#33 10 years ago

Now all we need are some repo playfields. I know someone was working on it but SOMEONE please build it too! Would be nice to be able to install this and do the PF swap at the same time.

#34 10 years ago

What's the cost and link to buy this kit?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Check dutchpinball.com

#36 10 years ago

$1k.. That seems a little high..

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

See http://dutchpinball.com/ for all the details. There was a seminar in the Expo about this, too. See http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/ and scroll down to the part about BOP 2.0. There will be the seminar audio available later on.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

$1k.. That seems a little high..

actually $1K is low its 1K euro for the base unit. If you want the speaker upgrade (originals wont fit) and their LED display (rather than supplying your own) its 1.3K euro, and even at that I'm in.

#39 10 years ago

Hey guys,

We recorded a game today to give you the full overview of what is currently in the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 game software.

This machine (the one at Expo) is pretty brutal set up to keep ball times low; that's why for this video we did a 5-ball game.

The YouTube description has a couple of timecode links so you can jump between the various goals and missions.

Thanks for the support everybody!

PS: The old main music was replaced by something less annoying (but too energetic for normal gameplay), but since our sound guy Jules is on a honeymoon we were not able to check this with him (the new music was composed by him too, we just weren't using it anywhere yet). Basically everything you see is subject to change (for the better).

Cheers,

Koen - programmer Dutch Pinball

2 weeks later
#40 10 years ago

Hi all,

Order placed today, can't wait to play it !

#41 10 years ago

I will need to get a playfield before getting this mod. I also cant see buying a $1500 mod for my $1500 pinball machine.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I will need to get a playfield before getting this mod. I also cant see buying a $1500 mod for my $1500 pinball machine.

Can you find a good DMD game for $1500? This mod gives you the old BoP plus a new DMD pin.

#43 10 years ago

I played the BOP2.0 at the Dutch Pinball Open and if I owned the game, I'd buy the kit. Really loved what the Dutch Pinball guys did with the software and audio. I think if I come across a nice BOP someday, I may buy it now (and I was never really interested in the game before).

Indeed, it's a lot of money in total, but minus the P-ROC, DMD and computer, it's not that much.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I don't get this. You can't see buying a $1500 mod for a $1500 game which makes it basically a 2 in 1 game. But you can see spending $1000 for a playfield for a $1500 game? I guess I just see things differently the others.

OP - How many have you sold yet? I'm still wanting this but waiting to place an order until this is confirmed to be done or we are closer to the cut off date.

#45 10 years ago

No metamorphosis is really the deal breaker for me.......

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

You can still play the original software.

#47 10 years ago

There is full use of the head.

#48 10 years ago

There will be metamorphosis...

--Scott

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OP - How many have you sold yet? I'm still wanting this but waiting to place an order until this is confirmed to be done or we are closer to the cut off date.

So I have a bit of unofficial info regarding the project. At this time, it looks like the project is a go! The cutoff date for ordering is Jan 1st, 2014. The cutoff date for payment is Feb 1st, 2014. Also, the team is looking into making this a one-time run of kits.

There will be an official communication coming out soon about this, so stay tuned. Dates are subject to change, but they should be close to that.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. Thank you,

--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pre-ordered-bop-20-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.