(Topic ID: 31830)

Just played WoZ at my local distributor.

By Whridlsoncestood

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2758.jpg
image.jpg
wizard.jpg
image.jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Absolutely stunning. No pictures or videos can match how it really looks. Plays beautifully. Software is sooooo far from done. My distributor is the lovely automated services. He acted like I shouldn't know they have it. Everyone should go in and bug them to play it. It's in hiding in the basement. They are selling it for 9000!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Software far from done? that's disappointing

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

They are selling it for 9000!

So I could go there and buy it for 9k and have one before the people who prepaid for one over a year ago . Granted I would be paying quite a bit more , but that isn't wright people that prepaid should get their games before I could.

#4 11 years ago

Software is sooooo far from done.

These statements are terribly incongruent.

They are selling it for 9000!

Stern might be tempted to buy it just to get a head start tearing it apart (If they haven't obtained a sample already).

All the heavy lifting has been done, time to scoop up some easy pickings...

#5 11 years ago

Automated Services, jackbooted thugs.

#6 11 years ago

That game sure looks like fun!

#7 11 years ago

It's in hiding in basement

Probably hiding it and will sell as a prototype in a few years. Buy from anyone else. You will have money. There are plenty of reputable distributors on pinside if you are interested in buying the game. Supposedly the iPlay test game is suppose to get an update soon.

#8 11 years ago

"Automated Services, jackbooted thugs."

GOOD ONE!!!

#9 11 years ago

WOZ in a basement...alongside a Popeye. What do the two have in common? Shame!

#10 11 years ago

Is the listing for it on Ebay of it in the basement? It is by a Hook and a Arcade game.

#11 11 years ago

Just because nobody has played complete software doesn't mean that software isn't close to being done. They may only reveal so much with these test machines. I could be completely wrong.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Just because nobody has played complete software doesn't mean that software isn't close to being done. They may only reveal so much with these test machines. I could be completely wrong.

Since they were just showing these off at a show and now have released machines into the wild I doubt Jack's master plan is to deliberately promote the game with far from complete code.

Ergo, the simplest solution is it is not near complete...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

These statements are terribly incongruent..

By plays beautifully I mean everything plays great. All the shots have a great feel to them, everything looks stunning. All it needs is rules to these wonderful shots

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

Is the listing for it on Ebay of it in the basement? It is by a Hook and a Arcade game.

No those pictures were upstairs probably when it first showed up. Getting to see it seemed like I was getting into an illegal back alley card game. My wife was so sketched out.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Both wide bodies

#16 11 years ago

Absolutely stunning. No pictures or videos can match how it really looks. Plays beautifully. Software is sooooo far from done. My distributor is the lovely automated services. He acted like I shouldn't know they have it. Everyone should go in and bug them to play it. It's in hiding in the basement. They are selling it for 9000!

The machine is not for sale its only for display purposes. I could not sell mine even for 20k as it meant to be shown to everybody.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I just picked up Popeye today from The Banker, Popeye looks good with LED's

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

The machine is not for sale its only for display purposes. I could not sell mine even for 20k as it meant to be shown to everybody.

That's why this was so funny. He acted like I shouldn't be seeing it and was all lucky to even know about it and proceeded to tell me false information like jack told him these wot even be out until April and that he personally told him the software is 1/100 complete.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Jack reveals everything he can, before its even finished & the software is no exception.

The dude isn't a year behind because he's "only revealing so much".

Go back to your distributor & look for more games with zero code, there aren't any.

#20 11 years ago

That's why this was so funny. He acted like I shouldn't be seeing it and was all lucky to even know about it and proceeded to tell me false information like jack told him these wot even be out until April and that he personally told him the software is 1/100 complete.

EDITED

Post edited by absocountry2 : Removed reference to a person that asked he not be accused.

#21 11 years ago

I got to play one a about a month ago, looks amazing but was only on 2 ball beta testing. Cab was extremely well done as well as the playfield!

// Error: Image 56872 not found // // Error: Image 56873 not found //

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Jack and DaDonna in bed together no surprise there. If you dont know about your DEALER Mike DaDonna is still up on Federal charges for Theft Fraud and a handful of others from The ultracade scandal. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

Trust me I know all about it. I just play his little game so I can stop by and see the newest realeases as soon as they hit. They usually have them first being the biggest distributor.

#23 11 years ago

You didn't even say anything about the sounds and the music?
I almost throw up everytime I hear the start up music and "Hey, wanna play some pinball?!"

#24 11 years ago

A distributor getting a game/s before per-order & paid customers that waited is tacky IMHO.

It would be cool to have someone walk in with 90 $100 bills and toss them down and see if they load up the game for you......

Can you see a serial number on the display game?

#25 11 years ago

Is it just me, or does this game seen like it's been on location forever?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

A distributor getting a game/s before per-order & paid customers that waited is tacky IMHO.

Isn't that what happens in most businesses? Whole point is so people can see it to increase sales. Seems pretty basic...Am I missing something?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't that what happens in most businesses? Whole point is so people can see it to increase sales. Seems pretty basic...Am I missing something?

Yes, but strange they would be allowed to sell their demo model.

#28 11 years ago

By the time this game actually ships; Every ounce of excitement will be sucked from it and the energy will have long dissapated.

But you can get a Hobbit now by 2017!!!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I think so too.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Oh I thought the OP said it was not for sale, that was another poster. Originally I thoguh tOP meant "when they start selling it..."

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I Found out they are not allowed to sell the display unit.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I Found out they are not allowed to sell the display unit.

That would make more sense.

#33 11 years ago

These pins were supposedly sent as showroom models. The fact this guy has it in a back room and FS is total BS.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

By the time this game actually ships; Every ounce of excitement will be sucked from it and the energy will have long dissapated.
But you can get a Hobbit now by 2017!!!

It's not as bad as XMen was. Plus we haven't even seen any of the code practically.

#35 11 years ago

I played it at a local distributor in a quiet shop for over 90 minutes yesterday. It is a stunning pinball machine that can only be matched by a HEP-level restored game. The attention to detail is amazing and the resolution of every printed piece is far above any production machine ever made.

The code loaded onto this machine was very basic however. If you spend enough time hitting the shots, reading the inserts, and following the text on the plastics, you get a good understanding on what it will do however.

The LCD is a very welcome addition. The animations are very professional and the looping work is very well done.

The crystal ball is really nothing special at this point since it is displaying animations made for the wide rear screen.

The music and callouts are pretty basic at this point, but what is there sounds great in stereo.

#36 11 years ago

Posted this in another forum but just played it 2 days ago at iplay america in freehold nj, its on 2 ball free play and when i was their no one else was playing, we played for a good hour. Nothing like a 10 min 12000 point game

#37 11 years ago

woops i was trying to turn the photo around

wizard.jpgwizard.jpg

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Bingo.

#39 11 years ago

They should not be allowed to sell it. Plain and simple. It should be for demo/sales only.

#40 11 years ago

They are a sketchy buisness. Not sure if I could of walled away with it right then or not. Or if he is trying to sell one of the LE's in sure they ordered from jack at the begining.

If you saw what was in this basement most would cry. Close to 200 games folded up wasting away. I have no idea why they are hiding it like this. It's number 4 prototype. It's meant to be a showroom display model.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

woops i was trying to turn the photo around

Yeah for some reason vertical pictures shot with the iPhone get squished when uploaded here. If I transfer it to my computer and then upload it here its fine.

#42 11 years ago

Damn, people are playing for an hour plus and I have not even seen it in person let alone played it. Glad you guys like it.

#43 11 years ago

I played the same one. Couldn't agree more. The audio first and foremost blew me away, it was OMG loud, sounded fantastic, and the stereo separation was amazing. Visually from the clear coat to the LED color changing and fading I was drooling. Can't wait to get mine

#44 11 years ago

Its over 9000!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

Posted this in another forum but just played it 2 days ago at iplay america in freehold nj, its on 2 ball free play and when i was their no one else was playing, we played for a good hour.

That's not a good sign. New pingame on FREE PLAY and no one is paying attention to it.

I understand the target demo is lower in age at iPlay, but still...

Frank

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I played the same one. Couldn't agree more. The audio first and foremost blew me away, it was OMG loud, sounded fantastic, and the stereo separation was amazing. Visually from the clear coat to the LED color changing and fading I was drooling. Can't wait to get mine

This is wrong. Stereo sound doesn't matter in a pin. Stern confirmed this when they made ACDC.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This is wrong. Stereo sound doesn't matter in a pin. Stern confirmed this when they made ACDC.

The one at Abel Electronics has the sound turned down pretty much. It is a quiet electronics store. The stereo separation was extremely noticeable however.

The music is just a couple of songs pretty much looping, but they do sound good.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Hahaha! ................

#49 11 years ago

I was supposed to see mine in October!

I don't even discuss it unless a customer inquires and i just tell them "maybe someday".

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

NO, Stern proved they could make a good pin without stereo. AC/DC would have been even better with stereo. That does not mean stereo does not matter, far from it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-woz-at-my-local-distributor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.