Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2822.JPG
IMG_2821.JPG
IMG_2820.JPG
IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2817.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Just played WOZ again and its not on free play anymore. Its a dollar for a 2 ball game. I really enjoyed playing this, it still needs improvement but can be a great game.

Thoughts
-Obv a beautiful machine with tons of colors, great sound and a quality feel to the machine
So much to do on the play field, a lot of nice shots and love the buttons on the play field (nice touch for me).
-I fell in love with the crystal ball. Beautiful
-2 upper-playfields are nice, but i feel that they lack something. I dont know if its flipper strength but they kinda bore me a little. Maybe code isn't finished their but it just feels repetitive and after a while i feel it will just be something that ill try to avoid, but thats just me.
-I love the sounds of the game although the main theme by the end of me playing made me want to never listen to the song again.
-The low scoring i am not sure how i feel about that yet, its def. something new to me and i am trying to process it
-I am probably going to get one (not a limited edition but i have to see a more finished product software wise.

#2 11 years ago

Some Pics

IMG_2817.jpgIMG_2817.jpg

#3 11 years ago

IMG_2818.jpgIMG_2818.jpg IMG_2820.JPGIMG_2820.JPG

#4 11 years ago

A $1.00 for two balls. Whats up with that?

#5 11 years ago

IMG_2821.JPGIMG_2821.JPG IMG_2822.JPGIMG_2822.JPG

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

play 10 bucks worth and lost 8 balls without touching them lol

#7 11 years ago

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats an example of pinball still underpriced and a great entertainment value

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I wonder if this will be a turn off for newbies?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I wonder if this will be a turn off for newbies?

I would imagine when software is complete it will go to three balls.

LTG : )

#11 11 years ago

I have been there 3 hours in the past few days and only one other player and he played 1 game

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I have been there 3 hours in the past few days and only one other player and he played 1 game

Yea...Joe Stroke who knows nothing about pinballs or pinball forums probably thinks its the suckiest game in the world after paying a buck for two balls. Not good for its reputation to be out there in the wild being played for cash with totally incompleted code. You would think Jack would require a disclaimer to be posted on it to that effect, or it be on free play.
I have played it for free and know how good it will be, but no way would I waste more than a buck with this code to find that out.

#13 11 years ago

Sounds familiar? Doesn't Stern do this? I thought this was a Pin Crime that JJP said he'd never do?? INCOMPLETE GAME released! Funny huh?

#14 11 years ago

The white font on the display is very flat and uninspired.

It reminds me of Dragon's Lair.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Sounds familiar? Doesn't Stern do this? I thought this was a Pin Crime that JJP said he'd never do?? INCOMPLETE GAME released! Funny huh?

Test != released. But we know you knew that already.

#16 11 years ago

Wouldn't it make more sense, since the game hasn't been officially released and pinball isn't exactly the 'norm', to have it give you a BETTER deal than two-balls for a dollar?!? Seems like arse backwards marketing if you're looking to get new people into your business.

100 people playing at a dollar? Or 500 playing at a quarter? But it's obviously not about the money, and a dollar to play makes it seem it's not about getting new people to try it... so, is it just to say "hey, look, it's almost done"?

#17 11 years ago

People shouldn't be expected to pay to play a barely programmed game. Also, why only 2 balls? The 2 ball game was because there were huge queues at the shows so to keep people moving. I wonder if Jack has Ok'd this.

#18 11 years ago

In this neighborhood 1$ for 2 balls is a bargain. Jack knows what he's doing. Whether it's on free play or $3 a 2 ball game won't make a difference. @ Iplay kids swipe cards all day long not realizing it works and blow through $50 in 5 minutes. Then they just reload it. Iplay makes serious money. Whether they offer a good value or not.

I know that might seem insane in this economy and in other areas of the USA but trust me. When you walk in there you drop serious money. Sometimes you don't even realize you're doing it.

Also I think it's possible that it's on $1 for 2 balls because offering a good value is counterintuitive. If people swipe for another game he knows that he is on the right track. Dav8515 thanks a lot for calling me. You know I have not played WOZ yet. There goes your Xmas and Birthday gifts.

#19 11 years ago

My opinion...

That first picture with rows of Elaut eClaw cranes reflected in the backglass of a JJP WoZ is pretty neat

Oh, and what happened to the GI?

#20 11 years ago

Played it today. It sure is fun trying to nudge the State Fair. Beautiful pin. Nothing that I've seen in videos online does it justice. The code is bare bones. As long as the game gets programmed well it will be a huge achievement. I hate the theme. Even without modes/goals or jackpots I was loving the game. Even the redundant WOZ theme song playing endlessly I didn't even seem to mind. Every video I couldn't understand how it didn't drive anyone who actually played it nuts. Now I know. That pin is AMAZING. If and/or when the code is finished I can't see anyone not liking this game. I sure hope that the code is done soon and I can try it. I am really thinking about Pre-ordering The Hobbit. 2 thumbs up from me!

1 month later
#21 11 years ago

Have there been any updates to the iPlay game ? when was the last time someone played WOZ at iPlay ?

#22 11 years ago

FiveSixPyro: I love your avatar. (Chip Chipperson is certainly the finest comedic voice of the last thirty years.)

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Have there been any updates to the iPlay game ? when was the last time someone played WOZ at iPlay ?

I tried it again during the week after Christmas and before New years. Tried a 2 person game. If a ball was locked by me and I lost my ball the 2nd player would lock a ball and get it on lock 2. So it's pretty much the same but set on 3ball play. No scoring or jackpot changes.

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

FiveSixPyro: I love your Avatar. (Chip Chipperson is certainly the finest comedic voice of the last thirty years.)

......Only my Mutha, Lamar and friends which is pretty much just Lamar call me Chip, you should try Lyle.

#24 11 years ago

So still no modes wow

#25 11 years ago

Is anyone getting high scores on this game? Is there even a high score table? Replay score?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

I tried it again during the week after Christmas and before New years.

It appears that a new game will be going to iPlay soon

#27 11 years ago

I would be curious to see the average ball time that they are getting. If its long, maybe it will stay at 2 balls/game.

Chris

#28 11 years ago

I can not wait to play one of these! Does it feel like a Williams/Bally machine in that fact of durability and "feel" or is it built more like a Stern in your opinion?

#29 11 years ago

Hi PinJer
I played this game at ComicCon and it felt like a Williams STTNG solid build to me.. and then some.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks Joe, It looks like a more 'solid' feel machine which is good news for all of us pinheads from both a playing and collecting stand point. With all the toys and upper level play fields (not too mention the moving owl in the back that I saw on a youtube vid) this is really looking like a today's version of a Bally/Williams machine. I look forward to seeing the post's of when they have been shipped.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

I would be curious to see the average ball time that they are getting. If its long, maybe it will stay at 2 balls/game.
Chris

I think that there is something sacrilegious about a two ball pin..sorry. It's either 3 balls or 5.

I can't believe they are actually charging to play the game that is not even finished. I am not sure who's idea that was but it was a bad one. And a dollar at that!

pppphhhhhhhhhh.

#32 11 years ago

It still needs a hanging Midget !

#33 11 years ago

Or more accurately... a peacock pretending to be a hanging munchkin. At least until you get the Blu-ray and the illusion no longer holds up.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Or more accurately... a peacock pretending to be a hanging munchkin. At least until you get the Blu-ray and the illusion no longer holds up.

That works...

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

FiveSixPyro: I love your Avatar. (Chip Chipperson is certainly the finest comedic voice of the last thirty years.)

Why do they call you Fatsquatch.... because you like to eat and you live in the forest or sumpin?....tsss tsss....

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I think that there is something sacrilegious about a two ball pin..sorry. It's either 3 balls or 5.

I can't believe they are actually charging to play the game that is not even finished. I am not sure who's idea that was but it was a bad one. And a dollar at that!

pppphhhhhhhhhh.

In-house testing will only do so much... WMS/Bally used to do the same exact thing.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why do they call you Fatsquatch.... because you like to eat and you live in the forest or sumpin?....tsss tsss....

OMG F***in Home Run! clap clap Double guns!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

OMG F***in Home Run! clap clap Double guns!

Take us out, you fat piece of s$%#...

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

pppphhhhhhhhhh.

First it was on free play 2 balls. then when I went it went to 2 balls per 2 credit swipe. then 3 balls for 2 credit swipe. I heard through the vine (like the other post stated) that a more complete machine will be there soon.. if not already.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

Thanks Joe, It looks like a more 'solid' feel machine which is good news for all of us pinheads from both a playing and collecting stand point. With all the toys and upper level play fields (not too mention the moving owl in the back that I saw on a youtube vid) this is really looking like a today's version of a Bally/Williams machine. I look forward to seeing the post's of when they have been shipped.

PLAYS SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ooops very slow just saying

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

And you have actually played it, Derek ?

Do you still have the Avengers, or have you sold it already ? Just saying.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I played it at the JJP open house and it wasn't slow to me

#44 11 years ago

The machine's speed is fine. I played it at both NY Comic Con and at the factory. I got the impression from a lot of the people that work at Jack's is their unhappy with how slow the game's code's been going. It's a mixed bag. The machines are there and ready to go, there's not a game yet since you can only really start the one Multiball mode. Then I see it the other way how this is something totally new and it's going to take time to figure out everything with not only putting rules and scores in, but also you've got tons of music and now full movies in the game.

From the NYCC to playing it at the open house I only noticed a few changes.

Shooting the ball into the right hole and nearby targets spell out WIZARD in "Wizard of Oz"
The Witch's Castle now has a different background and music.
Shooting the ball up the main ramp when you don't have a character completed shows "ADVANCE" which has to go with the Yellow Brick Road in the middle of the playfield, but it didn't do anything.
The game has a "Game Over" screen and the mini screen in the ball.

I also noticed a couple of new sound effects and voice clips, but not much. I don't know if charging a dollar for a two ball game will get new players excited to play it more then once, hell even at the factory it was a three ball game. I really hope they can get all the rules and code figured out, because as you all saw from the pictures and videos we took at the factory, the machines are there. They can get them out, they just don't have a game to put into it. So hopefully it won't be till the spring when it finally comes out.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Played it first hand avengers is here to stay killer game

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Avengers is here to stay killer game

Out of the box, and everything ?

I've seen you post in the past about how great a game is and it's here to stay, and it didn't last a week.

You saying Avengers might be a keeper ? Really ?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Out of the box, and everything ?
I've seen you post in the past about how great a game is and it's here to stay, and it didn't last a week.
You saying Avengers might be a keeper ? Really ?

yep a keeper for sure; I am sure woz will be cool the layout is just not for me.

#48 11 years ago

Come on Derek we all know you will sell it soon. Just kidding

#49 11 years ago

Let the over/under wagering begin!!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Let the over/under wagering begin!!

I have a dollar on 2 weeks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-woz-again-at-iplay-america-in-freehold-nj?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.