Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joust pic 2.jpg
Playfield B.JPG
IMG-20141011-00382.jpg
IMG-20141011-00383.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I was up at my cottage north of Toronto in Haliburton Ontario this weekend and it turns out one of my fellow cottagers on the lake has a few pins at his place . He actually lives on the lake year round and owns the bait and tackle shop in town. Its a very small northern sleepy cottage town so who would have thought he would have pins lol . Turns out he had an Alien poker and a Joust which i thought was very cool. WE had a few beers and played half the night. Very rare and pretty cool pin.

IMG-20141011-00383.jpgIMG-20141011-00383.jpgIMG-20141011-00382.jpgIMG-20141011-00382.jpg

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

Just played this game for the first time yesterday. I was amazed at how deep the rules set was for the time. There isn't that much to shoot for but they have so many effect depending on the outcome of the game that you can develop awesome strategy to affect your opponent gameplay while improving your score. Would definitely be a keeper machine should I have the money to buy one.

#3 9 years ago

I think that Joust is a blast to play head to head against someone. It's cool that you found one to play.

#4 9 years ago

Cool game, Did you ask if it was for sale?

#5 9 years ago

I guess it is for sale around 4k or more. It's in pristine condition, clearcoated and all, rarely seen a game this clean.

#6 9 years ago

I have been looking for one, but if they are in the 4k range, my search has halted. I figured these were 1500 games.

#7 9 years ago

$4k would even be a decent deal at this point if the pf is in good shape (new plastics just became available in the past month too). The few Jousts I have seen listed in the past two years have been in the $5-6.5k range, although I can't say for sure what they actually sold for.

#8 9 years ago

Joust was by far one of my favorite machines to play at the Louisville show earlier this year. FUN!

#9 9 years ago

Wow, I had no idea. I kinda feel dumb as I offered someone 1500 for one. How would you guys rate it compared to one of the Alvin G football head to head games?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Wow, I had no idea. I kinda feel dumb as I offered someone 1500 for one. How would you guys rate it compared to one of the Alvin G football head to head games?

I might be the only collector with all the major head-to-heads...we have both Alvin G head to heads (claimed HUO) in our home, along with Joust (and a Gottlieb Challenger on the way...I like head-to-heads, lol).

Joust is the best of the bunch though. The wide-body was well-utilized with the Joust platform. I like A.G. Soccer-ball more than USA Football too, although I honestly haven't put much time in on my USA Football to figure out the rule set. It seems noticably less intuitive though.

Come to my Jingle Balls Holiday tournament (should be up on IFPA shortly) and you can try all three of the modern head to heads while you're between games

#11 9 years ago

Love my Joust too, it must be one of only a few with blue/red card holders that match the flyer.

Steve

Playfield B.JPGPlayfield B.JPG

#13 9 years ago

I've had all head to head games, Challenger, USA Football, Soccer Ball, Viza War, Joust, Rat Race and my triple head to head game that I made myself:

Joust is the best of them all, followed by Rat Race and USA Football.

#14 9 years ago

Joust is a blast.
Kids totally dig it as well.

$5k - $6k these days.
adding new plastics on mine soon + LED's.

joust pic 2.jpgjoust pic 2.jpg

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Cool game, Did you ask if it was for sale?

He is not interested in selling it at this time.

Quoted from annointed:

The few Jousts I have seen listed in the past two years have been in the $5-6.5k range, although I can't say for sure what they actually sold for.

Yep! , with only just over 400 made they are very rare and quite collectable.

Wow, I had no idea. I kinda feel dumb as I offered someone 1500 for one.

Well my buddy bought his a few years ago from a guy who just needed quick cash. He paid $400.00 believe it or not

#16 9 years ago

That's it !! I'm quitting the rat race and moving to a country lake to get better deals on pins

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-joust-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.