Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bumbles_002.jpg
IMAG1143.jpg
IMAG1138.jpg
IMAG1136.jpg
IMAG1147.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Just pimped out a WW, TAF and Spiderman for a customer of mine. Going back in a week to do the LED,s sube kits , blue mountains, etc.

IMAG1147.jpgIMAG1147.jpg

#2 12 years ago

That is a slick lineup.

#3 12 years ago

that is one ugly white water. thanks for sharing

#4 12 years ago

I think the white will be cool if the alpine theme is implemented.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I think the white will be cool if the alpine theme is implemented.

if only it actually were an Alpine game, sure. I personally don't like the white mountains, they change the theme of the game to where it doesn't make any sense.

That dark purple looks sick on SM though, real nice.

#6 12 years ago

Here are some more pics. The customer wants to do the white whiter with the abominable snow man mod, white mountains and blues LEDs. Too each his own, but when Chad Keller did it it looked really cool. Cool enough that they made the mountains.

These machines are never going on route again, so it is cool that people are adding stuff to there games. I admit some stuff makes the games look good, some stuff doesn't. For example: baby blue powder coating on Addams and TZ looks really bad, but it looks awesome on Road Show.

Its fun to push the envelope and try new things. Black on Addams looks killer!

IMAG1136.jpgIMAG1136.jpg IMAG1138.jpgIMAG1138.jpg IMAG1143.jpgIMAG1143.jpg

#7 12 years ago

TAF and SM look awesome!

Count me as another that really does not like the 'Alpine' theme on WH2O. I think once you look at the play field and back glass (desert canyon rapids, everyone in shorts and t-shirts), the theme no longer makes sense. It does look great though.

Someone should do an 'Alpine' theme for Cactus Canyon. Do the winter boulders, and put a toque on the bad guy's head instead of a cowboy hat. You heard it here first, folks.

#8 12 years ago

I like SM too. The WH20 isn't working for me.

5 months later
#9 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

if only it actually were an Alpine game, sure. I personally don't like the white mountains, they change the theme of the game to where it doesn't make any sense.
That dark purple looks sick on SM though, real nice.

My conditioned response to this is have you ever been in the mountains? I see running water and trees below the tree line and ice/snow on top. Seems to make total sense to me. Even if it didn't make sense I would have still done it to tie in with the Abominable Snowman mod. Something different to make the hobby more interesting. Trying to figure out my next alteration and hoping to have it ready for Expo ; ) Not sure I can compete with Mike Miller on that one!

#10 11 years ago

Hey Chad,
Here's one for you. How about an all black & white TZ?
Most purists would scream bloody murder, but I'd still love to see it done... Even if only in Photoshop!

#11 11 years ago

TF is the nicest looking of them all Need to get rid of that import coindoor on the TAF.

#12 11 years ago

Chad your Alpine theme is awesome. Awesome custom in my Opinion. I can't wait to see what you do next.

#13 11 years ago

My conditioned response to this is have you ever been in the mountains? I see running water and trees below the tree line and ice/snow on top. Seems to make total sense to me. Even if it didn't make sense I would have still done it to tie in with the Abominable Snowman mod. Something different to make the hobby more interesting. Trying to figure out my next alteration and hoping to have it ready for Expo ; ) Not sure I can compete with Mike Miller on that one!

I have lived in the mountains for 30 years and when the snow is on the peaks in the higher elevations you are wearing 10 mil Kobuk Arctic waders in the water, not shorts.
You are looking at July- August before you can do that unless you are a beaver.
If you must go with the Alpine theme then you have to have the topper topper to put it over the top.

bumbles_002.jpgbumbles_002.jpg

#14 11 years ago

I would gladly welcome a skiing theme so that the snowy mountains and Bumble make sense. Anyone ever play that really, really old skiing computer game called "ski free" or something?

#15 11 years ago

I would like a new skiing/snowboarding theme too. That Gottlieb pin doesn't count.

#16 11 years ago

great artistic pins

#17 11 years ago

Wow GAP nice work! That black on Addam's does look killer. That blue looks pearled on this SM.. nice!

#18 11 years ago

Ugh, that TAF looks awful with the black rails and legs. Tell you what, I'll do us both a favor. Send it to me(don't worry, I'll pay for the shipping) and I'll get that fixed right up for you lickety-split. It's gonna take me about a year or so to do, but it'll be back to normal and re-sellable.

In all seriousness, that TAF looks friggin' awesome with the black rails and legs.

Seriously awesome. Even a little evil perhaps.....but definitely bad ass.

My compliments to the chef!

#19 11 years ago

Every one is entitled to their opinion. I have a WH2O that will stay in my collection and I plan on doing a HEP on it .Have the white mountains and bumble already waiting.wanted to do the legs and rails in white.now that I've seen it... its looks great! Thanks for the Pics. ? did you powder-coat the white?

#20 11 years ago

I like the white mountains and blue LEDs on WH20, but that white armor is a little too much for me.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Yeah sure , but people don't normally white water raft above the tree line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-pimped-out-a-customers-ww-taf-and-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.