bg_ramp.jpg
trans_2.jpg
twd2_2.jpg
twd2_1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Shipping was a little delayed due to the holiday, but the game arrived at my local terminal this evening and I just got it set up a little while ago.

For anyone thinking about grabbing a premium, here are some of my initial thoughts:
1. Except for the AMC logo, the artwork really looks great in green. Along with the black flipper buttons the greenish tint gives it a desolate kind of feel. Can't really explain it all that well, but i think if you see it in person you'll know what i mean.

2. Except for the damn AMC logo (again), I love the translite. But during game play the AMC logo is so bright it produces some serious glare on the playfield glass. I placed a blue diffuser over the bulb in the backbox and it was significantly improved.

3. The friggin left ramp IS NOT fixed. Some background - last Monday I spoke with my distributor and told them I was interested in ordering the game, but first I wanted to know if the left ramp issues were addressed for the Premium. The distributor calls me back 3 hours later and tells me they spoke with Stern and confirmed that the left ramp issues were addressed, the fix was on the line, and my game would not have the issues. Bull-cucka. It was the first thing I noticed once I got the legs on the machine. Lying sacks of poop. Anyway, I was prepared and had some mylar, weatherstripping, and felt ready to go just in case.

4. Game play: I won't go into too much detail as it's been debated in other threads, and if I didn't already love the way the game played I wouldn't have shelled out the $6300 for it. But I really enjoy the layout and love the feel of the ramps. I have not yet experienced any drains from the pops, so far it's not an issue on my machine (but again we've just set it up and have only put 20 games on it so far). I think the music really adds to the gameplay experience and as noted by many others the dots are incredible. I could care less about the call-outs and quite frankly they don't bother me at all, maybe because I'm a fan of the comic and don't really watch the show all that much.

Now time hook up a sub and play a little more; here are some quick pics I took while setting it up:

1.jpg1.jpg
2.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg3.jpg

#2 9 years ago

#3 9 years ago

she sure is a beauty...nice acquisition...its on my list of pins to get in 2015

#4 9 years ago

That black & green vibe looks great

#5 9 years ago

congrats on your purchase; you will have a blast playing it. As for the ramp, there are multiple home fixes you can apply to make it smoother...Just look at a few of the older posts. Sure, Stern should have corrected this initially, but these smaller adjustments make it much better...Stern is supposed to send out lastest ramp kit revision any day now.

#6 9 years ago

Congrats. Does the Pinside community think that this will be another case of a premium being more limited than the LE like Avengers or LUCI? Or do you think that the premium is soon enough after the initial release (unlike LUCI) and of a popular enough game (unlike Avengers) that Stern will sell a whole lot of them?

#7 9 years ago

Congrats! Nothing like the NIB experience.

I agree the premium /green looks great. Sucks that they have not fixed the ramp issues. Lets hope they send out a proper fix.

Is the left ramp connection the same as the LE (i.e. the top of the lifting part of the ramp - is the connection to the main part of the ramp uneven? Is the right part higher than the left?)

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Is the left ramp connection the same as the LE (i.e. the top of the lifting part of the ramp - is the connection to the main part of the ramp uneven? Is the right part higher than the left?)

Yup, the connection from lifting part of the ramp to the main ramp is uneven, same as the LE. I'll research some posts and see what I can do about it tomorrow. Just going to enjoy it right now.

Oh, and btw, this game is reminding that I suck at pinball and that I really need to address my nudging skills (or lack thereof).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Yup, the connection from lifting part of the ramp to the main ramp is uneven, same as the LE. I'll research some posts and see what I can do about it tomorrow. Just going to enjoy it right now.
Oh, and btw, this game is reminding that I suck at pinball and that I really need to address my nudging skills (or lack thereof).

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Now go enjoy the game!

#10 9 years ago

That game looks really sick. As an LE owner , I can really appreciate this machine. Would I have gotten the LE had I known. Hmmmmm???????

#11 9 years ago

Super good looking pin you have there. The green is really sharp. Wait till you hook up that sub! You will absolutely love it more. I went so far and connected 2 separate floor subs, an 8" full signal unfiltered along with a 12" filtered signal for just the lowest frequencies. Incredible sounding/pounding. Congrats!

#12 9 years ago

Thx for all the pics.

Quoted from Krakatoa:

4. Game play: I won't go into too much detail as it's been debated in other threads, and if I didn't already love the way the game played I wouldn't have shelled out the $6300 for it. But I really enjoy the layout and love the feel of the ramps. I have not yet experienced any drains from the pops, so far it's not an issue on my machine (but again we've just set it up and have only put 20 games on it so far). I think the music really adds to the gameplay experience and as noted by many others the dots are incredible. I could care less about the call-outs and quite frankly they don't bother me at all, maybe because I'm a fan of the comic and don't really watch the show all that much.
Now time hook up a sub and play a little more; here are some quick pics I took while setting it up:

Congratulations and it's great to hear new feedback. I've really enjoyed the LE/Prem gameplay as well. Let us know how it goes in more detail with more play. Being a new game, I expect the TWD Prem/LE to improve its rating and popularity over time as more and more people get to play it due to its merits and broad appeal.

Quoted from usandthem:

Congrats. Does the Pinside community think that this will be another case of a premium being more limited than the LE like Avengers or LUCI? Or do you think that the premium is soon enough after the initial release (unlike LUCI) and of a popular enough game (unlike Avengers) that Stern will sell a whole lot of them?

IMO, since the TWDLE sold out very quickly and the machine also has such broad appeal to the zombie genre in general, I think the premium will do very well for Stern. And as such, the game will further improve through refined coding with Lyman and be even more impressive.

#14 9 years ago

Looks great! Enjoy, it is a super fun game.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Does the Pinside community think that this will be another case of a premium being more limited than the LE like Avengers or LUCI?

Aside from ACDC, every Premium has a more limited production than the LE, and this will be no exception. In fact in the U.S. I think many Pros sell less than LEs.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Does the Pinside community think that this will be another case of a premium being more limited than the LE like Avengers or LUCI?

Who cares?

#17 9 years ago

The translite does look pretty creepy, I love it and wish I had this. Congrats!

#18 9 years ago

I did. That's why I asked.

#19 9 years ago

More pics would be great still waiting for mine

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Except for the damn AMC logo (again), I love the translite. But during game play the AMC logo is so bright it produces some serious glare on the playfield glass.

Congrat's on yr Premium ,, Alt- Translites are available ...

-edited-

#21 9 years ago

I was able to mess around with the BG ramp for a few minutes before work this morning and was able to get it close to level. Not perfect but much improved. Had to make a few other minor adjustments due to some oversight from the factory but all is good. External sub really rocks; adds so much more depth to the sound.

Quoted from pninja005:

More pics would be great still waiting for mine

Not at home but here are some more pics I took while setting up, sorry the quality isn't great:

twd2_1.jpgtwd2_1.jpg
twd2_2.jpgtwd2_2.jpg

pic of translite with diffuser:
trans_2.jpgtrans_2.jpg

BG ramp after fiddling with it:
bg_ramp.jpgbg_ramp.jpg

And just for fun, someone at the factory forgot to tighten up the prison magnet

magnet.jpgmagnet.jpg
#22 9 years ago

I really like the color on this one Goalie. Congrats and thanks for the pics, especially the work done on the BG ramp. Get the BG ramp light mod from Nody. REALLY makes the pin.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Congrat's on yr Premium ,, Alt- Translites are available ..

Dude, come on! I told you last week that this stuff is not allowed. It is copyright infringing and can not be advertised on Pinside. Please stick to the rules. Thanks!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Get the BG ramp light mod from Nody. REALLY makes the pin

Thanks, definitely on my list of thing to do! Also have a shaker coming later this week.

#25 9 years ago

Hi does the diffuser make a big difference? Can you show a pic of How you attached it I'm unsure how to go about it thanks

#26 9 years ago

Best looking version, for sure. Nice pick up!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Hi does the diffuser make a big difference? Can you show a pic of How you attached it I'm unsure how to go about it thanks

Sure, it's no big deal, just a colored piece of plastic that wraps around the light tube in the backbox. A fellow Pinsider gave me a blue piece some time back and I'm finally finding a good use for it. I think he bought a bunch of it off ebay. A pretty cheap fix and it makes a big difference in this game. Here's a pic:
light_block.jpglight_block.jpg

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Sure, it's no big deal, just a colored piece of plastic that wraps around the light tube in the backbox. A fellow Pinsider gave me a blue piece some time back and I'm finally finding a good use for it. I think he bought a bunch of it off ebay. A pretty cheap fix and it makes a big difference in this game. Here's a pic:

light_block.jpg 183 KB

Great thanks so much I'll get hold of some

#29 9 years ago

Just picked up my premium today !!
Iron man came home as well
Have not played the walking dead yet sold the pro to buy the premium and am a little worried love the art work back glass cabinet ECt but am worried about the bg ramp the pro was so smooth and just looking at it on the premium has me a little worried

image.jpgimage.jpg
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Iron Man came home as well
Have not played the Walking Dead yet sold the pro to buy the premium and am a little worried love the art work back glass cabinet ECt but am worried about the bg ramp the pro was so smooth and just looking at it on the premium has me a little worried

Congratulations! And thx for the picture.

The BG ramp works well for most everyone and is a rewarding shot. If there is any significant issue, as discussed before, with some basic adjustments it should be fine. I've been able to shoot that ramp in succession. It isn't an easy shot per se, but it is a rewarding pure shot.

There have been a few posters repeatedly posting negative feedback over and over again, which disparately taints a thread. Keep an open mind and try it for yourself. And we are looking forward to your feedback.

While not in this thread, I'd be interested in your IM vs TWD feedback. Enjoy!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

That's good stuff right there. Congrats! You're going to love both.

#32 9 years ago

Nice, I really like the look of the premium too, the green vibe is pretty cool.

It's a great pin, you are gonna love it, report back when you get some pandemonium games going!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Have not played the Walking Dead yet sold the pro to buy the premium

Killer Combo !!! I enjoy Mine

TWD , Trans , T Giving2014 etc 038.jpgTWD , Trans , T Giving2014 etc 038.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-my-twd-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.