(Topic ID: 275083)

Just picked up Bad Cats, odd coil misfires... any ideas?

By Turbo74

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbo74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Just picked up a nice bad cats and everything seems fine except a couple things. The tiger ramp entry switch is broken which is minor but this ones’ the head scratcher:

When the ball enters the top left roundabout Hole by the vari-target, the right slingshot fires and the ball stays put. I have to wait for the ball to eject. When the ball goes in the dog house, the pop bumper directly above fires but nothing else. It worked fine for a few plays, did this once and then was fine again until now and it does it all the time. I let the machine sit for a bit and it plays fine when cold. After it’s on a bit it starts acting up so it’s heat related I think? I’m baffled. Where should I start to look? Thanks for any help!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PinNickleby:

With the machine off, check to see if all of your connectors to the boards are fully seated. Also check to see if there are any loose wires that may have pulled out of the connectors. Start there and see if you find anything noticeable.

Checked all and reseated and it still did it. I remember having a similar problem with a Hurricane I had and it turned out to be a bad IC on the main board. I wonder if I have another bad one. Funny thing I left it on for an hour just a bit ago and played 8 games on it and it didn’t act up? So strange

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbo74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-bad-cats-odd-coil-misfires-any-ideas?tu=turbo74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.