(Topic ID: 79768)

Just picked up a Time Fantasy - Love the Artwork! from Holyoke, MA Mountain Park

By ScottinSGFNY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BTI SH ON 034 TIME FANTASY.jpg
BTI SH ON 004 TIME FANTASY.jpg
tf3.jpg
tf2.jpg
tf1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just picked it up and wanted to share as it is such a cool looking machine - has an error on the MPU and I ordered a new ROM to start with and some power supply wiring hacks. Nice cabinet, backglass & playfield. It is also missing the speaker in the cabinet under the playfield - someone hooked up a large cooling fan there instead......
So anyone have an original speaker that works from a System 7 machine they want to sell cheap??
Couldn't find any wiring that would go to the speaker - I assume it had one though - correct me if I am wrong?
Any help with the speaker wiring if it had one would be appreciated.

Pictures are exactly how I picked it up except for cleaning the legs.

Owner told me he bought it from the now defunct Mountain Park Amusement park in Holyoke, Mass that closed in 1987 - so it was only "on route" for a few years.

Here it is:

tf1.jpgtf1.jpg

tf2.jpgtf2.jpg

tf3.jpgtf3.jpg

A few more pictures here:

http://s793.photobucket.com/user/scottinsgfny/library/Time%20Fantasy

#2 10 years ago

WOW! That's a rare game. Lucky and sweet artwork on it too.

#3 10 years ago

Nice pick up. That game is beautiful.

#4 10 years ago

Congrats on a rare find ... That has some awesome and very unique artwork on it!

#5 10 years ago

It definitely had a speaker. I may have a spare speaker in my storage bin, but if it is buried too deep I won't be able to find it!!

#6 10 years ago

Love this table. The rules are also pretty unique...

#7 10 years ago

That thing is sweet. Congrats!

#9 10 years ago

That game looks great ! BAD ASS !

#10 10 years ago

Probably my favorite looking game ever, and the sounds are great too!

#11 10 years ago

That is a nice looking Time Fantasy!! Love my Acid Snail!!

Time Fantasy did not have a speaker in the lower cabinet, that is when they actually started putting the speakers in the speaker panel...The games with the shorter BGs, Time Fantasy, Defender, Firepower II I believe were others that were like that. It had the cut out in the lower panel of the cabinet, but there was never a speaker in it.

Phoebe

#12 10 years ago

Now I'm jealous.

That may be the nicest one of these I've ever seen. I desperately want one in my collection for art alone. Congrats.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

That may be the nicest one of these I've ever seen.

You should see Kris Bliznicks fully restored Time Fantasy, looks awesome.

#14 10 years ago

Probably the craziest art ever - nice find.

#15 10 years ago

wow! nice condition!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

That is a nice looking Time Fantasy!! Love my Acid Snail!!
Time Fantasy did not have a speaker in the lower cabinet, that is when they actually started putting the speakers in the speaker panel...The games with the shorter BGs, Time Fantasy, Defender, Firepower II I believe were others that were like that. It had the cut out in the lower panel of the cabinet, but there was never a speaker in it.
Phoebe

Thanks for confirming - I searched high and low for the remnants of wiring and that explains why I didn't find anything.
The metal grill is still there as is the original hardware to attach it and luckily no new holes were drilled for the fan - so it will be easy to put back as original.

Never played the game but had it on my short list after seeing it in a pinball show video - fantastic artwork.

Hoping to get it working soon.

#17 10 years ago

That one is almost as nice as mine! and unrestored at that.

Sell me your plastics!!!!!!. I will trade you mine plus $150 for them if they are all unbroken and in nice shape.

#18 10 years ago

I need the plastic over the dead-end target.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

That one is almost as nice as mine! and unrestored at that.
Sell me your plastics!!!!!!. I will trade you mine plus $150 for them if they are all unbroken and in nice shape.

Just order a new set from Williams...LOL

So which plastics are most Prone to breaking so I can see if I can protect them a bit?

#20 10 years ago

Awesome, nice find. I enjoyed one for many years. Now we know where they got the right shade of blue for Marge Simpsons hair.

#21 10 years ago

Man that looks sweet!
Sure must not have had a whole lot of play.
Wonder what the extra fan was all about. I should not have been all that hot in the lower cabinet. Why would you bother to do that?

#22 10 years ago

As is said this is a once in a collection game...

You wont see this title in the previously owned on many pinsiders game list..

This one isnt like TSPP, in an out of the collection 3 or 4 times

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Just order a new set from Williams...LOL
So which plastics are most Prone to breaking so I can see if I can protect them a bit?

The time tunnel plastic. The ball hits it everytime you send a ball into the elevated target. Pretty much broken on every machine. Any chance that you might send your set to CPR or can scan it for them?

thanks
Kris

#24 10 years ago

Yeah the time tunnel plastic is almost always cracked.
I bought mine from a guy in San Diego.
He had two of them, both fairly worn.
I took the best parts from both to make one decent one.
Though my PF has some wear, i did manage to find a NOS PlayField,
that i will change over sometime when i have the time.
Very nice game to play, very cool artwork.

#25 10 years ago

A Time Fantasy popped up on Madison Craigslist last week $900, listing was removed the next day, I contacted 2 pinsiders that might have been interested right away, I know 1 of them didnt buy it.....I guess we will never know what happened to it.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

A Time Fantasy popped up on Madison Craigslist last week $900, listing was removed the next day, I contacted 2 pinsiders that might have been interested right away, I know 1 of them didnt buy it.....I guess we will never know what happened to it.

It was on eBay at the same time. I like mine. Gameplay is much cooler than I expected.

#27 10 years ago

Shameless plug... My wife actually makes a Custom Sculpted Shooter Rod for Time Fantasy, pretty obscure, but that's why she made it. Available at her Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinballShooters

Thanks, Dave

BTI SH ON 004 TIME FANTASY.jpgBTI SH ON 004 TIME FANTASY.jpg BTI SH ON 034 TIME FANTASY.jpgBTI SH ON 034 TIME FANTASY.jpg
#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It was on eBay at the same time. I like mine. Gameplay is much cooler than I expected.

Hey Rusty

Is yours from the Iron Moutain area - up north?

#29 10 years ago

900 would just about be free wouldnt it ?

#30 10 years ago

Nice Score

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

900 would just about be free wouldnt it ?

You think so? I dont know the price range they sell for as they are quite rare, what ~600~ made? How many still in existence? I thought $900 seemed quite reasonable for that title, granted the guys selling it are supposedly known for selling machines with issues.

Ill be over at a friends house that has a restored one soon, cant wait to play it!

Curious if the op would share what he bought his for.....

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Hey Rusty
Is yours from the Iron Moutain area - up north?

Madison area.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You think so? I dont know the price range they sell for as they are quite rare, what ~600~ made? How many still in existence? I thought $900 seemed quite reasonable for that title, granted the guys selling it are supposedly known for selling machines with issues.
Ill be over at a friends house that has a restored one soon, cant wait to play it!

I bought mine well under market from a homeowner that bought it many years ago (plus it doesn't work yet)- so I got a deal and my purchase price doesn't reflect it's actual value in the pinball market.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

my meaning was 900 for a Time Fantasy was for nothing.... i think that would be super cheap, well below potential market in my mind.... cause where ya gonna find one?

I dont know market either really, just seems cheap for a title that has a following in the williams SS crowd...

There really has never been anybody that i talked to that has either seen or played that game that had an opinion of "it sucks"...

How much are Defenders going for these days ? i know those are low production also, like 400 or something..

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I bought mine well under market from a homeowner that bought it many years ago (plus it doesn't work yet)- so I got a deal and my purchase price doesn't reflect it's actual value in the pinball market.

If I can read through your cryptic wording, Im thinking ~$200~

Quoted from Gerry:

my meaning was 900 for a Time Fantasy was for nothing.... i think that would be super cheap, well below potential market in my mind.... cause where ya gonna find one?

Agreed! You are smart, you should be a moderator.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If I can read through your cryptic wording, Im thinking ~$200~

Agreed! You are smart, you should be a moderator.

LOL

I think he got a good deal, but i would bet not that good...LOL

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

LOL
I think he got a good deal, but i would bet not that good...LOL

Which confirms why you should be a moderator. Pinball Wisdom.

1 week later
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

The time tunnel plastic. The ball hits it everytime you send a ball into the elevated target. Pretty much broken on every machine. Any chance that you might send your set to CPR or can scan it for them?
thanks
Kris

Never scanned plastics before - any suggestions on what program or file format to scan in?

#39 10 years ago

scan at least at 300 dpi, but preferably 600 dpi. File format doesn't matter too much. TIF I think is best, but a bitmap or jpeg will work too.

1 week later
#40 10 years ago

Scott and i had a great time playing this game...

great head to head game !

And its real nice !

#41 10 years ago

That is a such a cool machine - enjoy.

Mk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-a-time-fantasy-love-the-artwork-from-holyoke-ma-mountain-park and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.