image-181.jpg
image-363.jpg
image-403.jpg
image-746.jpg
image-141.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-455.jpg
image-36.jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

And I think it's fixed... Tried reseating ROM... Pulled sound input connector and grounded each pin to see if I got sound. Thought I faintly heard something like when pressed diagnostics button. Could it really be the speaker? Luckily I am a hoarder and saved my old firepower speaker! Just hooked up and boom! Works! Can adjust volume and everything! Of course I notice there was scanbe socket on sound rom so that will have to go in the future! It is never the speaker but this time it is! I was ready to replace 4050 buffer because it's always the 4050 buffer but wouldn't you know it was actually something simple!!!! Fingers crossed this was the problem!!!!

#102 10 years ago

Damn YouTube. Think I figured this out. Shot video with my go pro...
Link

#103 10 years ago

Wow! I wouldn't have suspected the speaker either. Funny you mention keeping your old speaker. I still have the mouse meat, hole-riddled speaker from my Quicksilver that I kept for just such an emergency.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

And there definitely is an issue with sound. Sound and speech will just stop mid game and the stay off random amount of time (even if you power cycle) and the randomly turn on. That's all the time I got today to mess around...

I've a similar problem on my Blackout... randomly during the game the sound goes off and stay off for a quite, then return normally. And this behaviour is cyclic.
I recapped the entire sound board with GPE's kit, but the issue is still there, even if less.
The next step is change the Scanbe sockets for CPU & sound ROM... I hope for an improvement!

Good result danczaz! Great job for a great pin!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-a-mint-blackout/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.