Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by The_Director
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bally_Indy_500___.jpg
Flame_Polish-n.jpg
Bally_Indy_500__.jpg
Bally_Indy_500___.jpg
Bally_Indy_500_.jpg
Bally_Indy_500.jpg
IMG_1582.JPG
DSCN0648.JPG
holedamage.JPG
Ric-I500-roundturbo2.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG
i500.jpg
nov11_lineup.jpg
IMG_1576.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Out of the blue a Indy 500 shows up on CL . Had to have it and it is a low play no fade beauty. This is what it looks like right off the truck . Man I like buying pins ,what a rush ! Turns out it is a HUO

IMG_1576.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Nice pickup! I've never played one, but it looks like a fun one nonetheless.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nice pickup! I've never played one, but it looks like a fun one nonetheless.

Me either,from what I hear they are rare to find. So far it seems fun ! Never realized that the spinning car is a shaker motor ,very cool toys in this game .

Jim

#4 8 years ago

Killer pin !! I sold mine to the Banker , now Chad H has it.. I like the Stand-up Target's w/factory Led's installed.. The Turbo in the Top Left is a Nice touch as well as the spin-n car that Kinda shakes the machine.. Congrats ..

#5 8 years ago

How much did you pay? thanks.......including shipping..

#6 8 years ago

Nice score honda350r
-good luck with it

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Wizman:

How much did you pay? thanks.......including shipping..

It was almost local ,160 miles round trip. Took 2hr 45 minutes . I am so stoked ! Price was cheap real cheap.

#8 8 years ago

Nice grab! That machine is very high on my wishlist. One of Nordman's best!

#9 8 years ago

Hey great score Jim!!!! Looks great, never had the chance to play one but really hope to one day.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Killer pin !! I sold mine to the Banker , now Chad H has it.. I like the Stand-up Target's w/factory Led's installed.. The Turbo in the Top Left is a Nice touch as well as the spin-n car that Kinda shakes the machine.. Congrats ..

Thanks B_R , I got to tell you,today I was looking though all of your past pins and seen the I500 and said to myself,man I wish I could find one of those . Less than 5 hours later , one shows on cl .

Weird! True story .

Thanks for making my wish come true .

Jim

#11 8 years ago

Great pickup. The cabinet looks pretty nice.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

BLACK_ROSE said:

Thanks B_R , I got to tell you,today I was looking though all of your past pins and seen the I500 and said to myself,man I wish I could find one of those . Less than 5 hours later , one shows on cl .

Weird! True story .

Thanks for making my wish come true .

Jim

That is Awesome bro ,,, It's a Fun Pin !!! I found mine on C.list in Raleigh ,NC .. I bought it for
$ 1400.00 , he was asking $ 1800.00 , but the molex for the Upper Rt GI's was burned, and he had owned it for 6 yr's and Never had the p/f Glass off nor been behind the b/glass. No Key's anywhere.. I had my Pin Doc. Bag w/me .. ( alway's ) Flame Polish those Ramp's for the H**l of it,, Will lOOk like Glass.. Be Cool !!!!!!!!!

#13 8 years ago

Nice, I really like that game, and that one's a beauty!

#14 8 years ago

Wow great purchase! I need to start paying more attention to CL.

#15 8 years ago

GHreat find honda! man that machines looks sweet from the one pic you posted, let us see the PF etc. once you've got it where you wantit. Lookin forward to the pics!!!

#16 8 years ago

I saw the CL ad. Wow! You got a smokin' deal. Nice find Jim.

#17 8 years ago

Nice. Now wax it up and put some LEDs in there! Fastest pin I have ever played!

nov11_lineup.jpg i500.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Thanks guys ! I really got lucky on this one ! Great price,great condition and a fun rare game to boot!

The deals are out there and it takes friends and effort plus cash on hand to make it happen !

I just broke my dry spell of no new pins, I had not bought a pin in over three months and that is the longest dry spell for me in 5 years !

Good pins are drying up and that is why you see a price jump,supply and demand .

Great looking machine,Gone fishing !
Jim

#20 8 years ago

This game is a HUO, while not perfect it will clean up very nice! Even though it is HUO owners move things around and bump the cabinet and put small imperfections on the cabinet.

Looking on the bottom of the game some kids with a pencil wrote on the bottom, Derek loves Ginger. the writing looks to be from a 6 or 7 year old. It is going to stay on the game.

The game has not had a lot of attention and needs a good cleaning which I will do and post pictures when finished.

Here is the shooter lane, that has almost zero wear and proves it is a very low play game and supports the HUO, also the coin door has zero wear on the coin slots another sign of HUO .

Jim

IMG_1579.JPG

#21 8 years ago

wow nice score indy was a fun pin

#22 8 years ago

Never played one. Looks fun. Good score.

#23 8 years ago

Nice find. Looks great!

#24 8 years ago

Nice score, Jim. There were two versions of Indy 500. John Wart, Jr seems to have become the defacto I500 knowledge bank and knows all the differences. One difference I had to deal with when making protectors is the Turbo scoop. The (we believe) early versions had a semicircle black key line around the square scoop while later versions matched the square cutout with a square line. There is also a difference in the size and angle of the scoop cutouts and the post mounting positions around it.

There are also cab color diffs and possibly playfield colors but again, JWJr would know those better than me. I'm curious if maybe you have an early version though. Congrats again on a very fun game!

Ric-I500-roundturbo2.jpg holedamage.JPG

#25 8 years ago

There are also cab color diffs and possibly playfield colors

Yes, mine has solid red on the cab versus the orange/yellow on your game. Also, my lower playfield is a sort of purplish color, while others I've seen are more blue.

DSCN0648.JPG

#26 8 years ago

I'm curious if maybe you have an early version

Thanks Cliff ! I am super exited about this game . I do have a later version but the game # is 668 out 2200ish games? I have learned though the years that the # don't mean much .

Not much wear on my turbo hole,this game will be amazing .

Jim

IMG_1582.JPG

#27 8 years ago

Great game, looks minty fresh, lucky bugger!

#28 8 years ago

wheres the #668 on your I500?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not much wear on my turbo hole,this game will be amazing .

Nope. Get a cliffy on there and read the notes on rebending the bracket and you're all set!

#30 8 years ago

Wow, this game looks like a real sleeper (never played one/never been on my radar); FWIW, the mullet crew over at PB Reviews said some real nice things about it:

Rudy: light up targets are neat, multiball with 3x scoring, decent quotes,
pretty balanced scoring.

8Ball: Greased lightning playfield with smooth ramps. Nice rule set.
Leave 3X PF speedway award for last to get 3X victory lap award.

Drac: Smooth flow, challenging modes, nice combo around the left orbit
followed by an upper-right flipper saucer shot for good points.

Buzz: Its racing! Flashers in the jets add to the cool effects. Super flow and nice shot variety. Good tunes and lightshows.

Very underrated game as are most Nordman designs. Lots of secrets to discover... now get that extra ball..."Ya Wanker!"

Congrats; especially sweet pick up being HUO!

#31 8 years ago

The reason i was asking about the production number is I thought it was the last digits in the serial. But theres a few I500' s on the database that last numbers are higher than that of productolion. Mine was built 8/3/95

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

The reason i was asking about the production number is I thought it was the last digits in the serial. But theres a few I500' s on the database that last numbers are higher than that of productolion. Mine was built 8/3/95

Correct, the last 4 digits mine reads 0668 and built 8/11/95 I have seen later dates with lower numbers and vice versa.

Jim

#33 8 years ago

congrats on your new pin. after reading the posts i had to go and play it.there are 2 near me both owned by the same op. the one nearest me is at a local pizza place. its dirty as you would expect a route game to be but everything works. had an hour or so of good fun today. great game. glad you got your hands on one in such nice condition.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

glad you got your hands on one in such nice condition.

Me too ! Thanks, I have been playing all day and I am surprised how fun it is . I love B titles especially nice ones .

Jim

#35 8 years ago

I500 is very underrated, I think mostly because it is not very common and most people haven't played it.

Hopefully word will get out about how awesome this pin is and drive the price up!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Hopefully word will get out about how awesome this pin is and drive the price up! []

Hopefully, not until after I get one.

#37 8 years ago

Chad , Here's yr I500 .. I don't ever Rem- lOOk-n for a prod- #.. You Have a Great Pin also..

Bally_Indy_500.jpg Bally_Indy_500_.jpg Bally_Indy_500___.jpg Bally_Indy_500__.jpg Flame_Polish-n.jpg Bally_Indy_500___.jpg

#38 8 years ago

I think Ill put that one up for sale in a month or so. I love the pin but only so much room. Got my eye on something else

#39 8 years ago

Congrats on a nice pin!

I do have a question, what is "A" and what is "B"?

Quoted from McCune:

I love B titles especially nice ones .

The I500 is currently #42 in the Pinside top 100. Personally I feel that would qualify it is "A" given the number of pins that have been produced over time.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I do have a question, what is "A" and what is "B"?

I don't know for sure because I think all pins are great ! "A" title pins are like MM AFM CV MB CFTBL and many others.

"A" titles cost over 3K "B" titles cost 1K to 2K and as much as 2.5k .. That is my opinion.

Jim

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

"A" titles cost over 3K "B" titles cost 1K to 2K and as much as 2.5k .. That is my opinion.

Jim

So what about pin that costs $2750? A-?

#42 8 years ago

So what about pin that costs $2750? A-?

Sure , I like "A" minus games too .

Jim

#43 8 years ago

Still too rich for my blood. I haven't spent more than $1500 on a pin. Cheap B and C listers rule!

#44 8 years ago

Still too rich for my blood. I haven't spent more than $1500 on a pin. Cheap B and C listers rule!

I agree .

#45 8 years ago

Chad , Here's yr I500 .. I don't ever Rem- lOOk-n for a prod- #.. You Have a Great Pin also..

Attachments
Bally_Indy_500___.jpg(588.9 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours old
Flame_Polish-n.jpg(613.2 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours old
Bally_Indy_500__.jpg(596.9 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours old
Bally_Indy_500___.jpg(602.6 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours old
Bally_Indy_500_.jpg(577.2 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours old
Bally_Indy_500.jpg(595.6 KB, 0 downloads)11 hours

Thanks for posting thoose BR. This pin is insanely fast. Im gonna have to lower the back legs or something. Probablly gonna put it up for sale next month. Gonna shoot for a pin my kid wants.

#46 8 years ago

Awwwww yeah....Seeing these finds get me excited. Glad to see there is still hope in finding some great pins in great condition. Seems like both you and The_dude_abides both made out like bandits this week.

2 years later
#47 5 years ago

Hi Guys. I am new to this. I have an old Indy 500 machine. But I can't find the key anywhere. Where can I get one? Or how can I get into the machine? Any ideas?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from gameonly:

Hi Guys. I am new to this. I have an old Indy 500 machine. But I can't find the key anywhere. Where can I get one? Or how can I get into the machine? Any ideas?

You'll have to drill it:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside