(Topic ID: 82537)

Just picked up a Gorgar really cheap but...

By games_r_fun

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Astill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The mpu board on the machine is shot, normal battery problems just from first glance. The board started to smoke after a few minutes of being on, so time for a replacement I am thinking. What is out there for replacement mpu boards? Think its a Williams system 6.

Thanks
Mike

#2 10 years ago

Throw a rottendog combo board in it, Jim's boards are a great replacement when these system 6 machines have boards that are toast.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks! Whats the price on the combo board usually? Who to buy from??? I

#4 10 years ago

http://rottendog.us/distributor.html

I replaced mine with Rottendog and works like a champ.

#5 10 years ago

Email Andrew [email protected], he rebuilds boards. He does excellent work, has a fast turn around, one year warranty, and has excellent prices! All around great guy. He is a member here as well and sells rebuilt boards from time to time. He rebuilt my Gorgar boardset, FP, BK, etc...Very satisfied!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from games_r_fun:

Thanks! Whats the price on the combo board usually? Who to buy from??? I

I think I paid 300.00 for the combo board and 100.00 for the power supply board. It was well worth the money. Ed

#7 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the info... I think I will replace with combo for sure and get a power supply board as well. Not bad money when I got the Gorgar and a Triple Strike both for $450. I was right place at right time, and the guy even stayed with our deal, after being offer more later in the day as I drove 3 hrs for them.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from games_r_fun:

Thanks everyone for the info... I think I will replace with combo for sure and get a power supply board as well. Not bad money when I got the Gorgar and a Triple Strike both for $450. I was right place at right time, and the guy even stayed with our deal, after being offer more later in the day as I drove 3 hrs for them.

That's unusual nowadays.

#10 10 years ago

what made the board smoke? you had better check that first , also i have a rebuilt mpu and am in ontario for $125 canadian shipped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-a-gorgar-really-cheap-but and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.