• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

967f1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Man this is great. i just picked up my second game. I got a call from a friend who said their mom had an old pinball machine in their basement. I asked which one and he said "its a funhouse!". I was very excited as I have never seen one before, but heard alot of talk about people restoring them. So I looked up the price on a boston repair web-site. This thing sure goes for alot of money. She wanted 5000 dollars for it, which is close to what the nice ones are going for. So I go and look at it and it looks to be in pretty ok shape but does not work. The backglass is flaking a little too. The legs could use some new stain as well as they are pretty old. So I negotiate her down to 2600 bucks! I now have 2 machines to work on!

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from ElmoPinball:

She wanted 5000 dollars for it ... I negotiate her down to 2600 bucks!

Wow. Guess she was hoping for a quick sucker.

#3 10 years ago

She was just not a very nice woman. She thought all pinball machines were worth 5000 bucks. This one was not in good shape so I got it half price. It is also missing a pop bumber cap. I keep buying pinballs with missing caps. oh well.

Does nayome know where I can get one of these green caps in this picture? http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=967&picno=22357

#4 10 years ago

Wow was not expecting an old EM Fun House when I opened the post for $2600

Here is my funhouse I got for $2400image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Try PBL for the caps

#6 10 years ago

Ummm...you paid 2,600 for that? I assume this is a joke.

#7 10 years ago

There should be an IQ test for Pinside membership.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

There should be an IQ test for Pinside membership.

I fear the site would cease to exist.

Quoted from ElmoPinball:

She was just not a very nice woman. She thought all pinball machines were worth 5000 bucks. This one was not in good shape so I got it half price. It is also missing a pop bumber cap. I keep buying pinballs with missing caps. oh well.
Does nayome know where I can get one of these green caps in this picture? http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=967&picno=22357

Does it have Lexan on or under the playfield?

#9 10 years ago

Troll or real, this is an epic thread in the making.

#10 10 years ago

Hello,
My machine definitely does not look like the machine in the picture and I think the playfield is made of wood and not lexan. I will double check next time I look inside of it. What color would the lexan be if it was? I think the bottom of the playfield is a grayish brown color.

Do you have a link for PBL, I am not really familiar with that website? I need to find the left green pop bumber cap.

#11 10 years ago

I call shenanigans. "Bumber" is a giveaway, a true neophyte wouldn't even know the correct term, much less the humorous misspelling.

#12 10 years ago

I appoligize, I am a bit embarrassed and still very new to pinball. I have not played since I was a teenager.

Does anyone have the links to the pop BUMPER caps? Someone mentioned PBL for them. thank you

#13 10 years ago

Great game! Play er hard!!!

#14 10 years ago

Maybe this is the real Elmo......LOL

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Maybe this is the real Elmo......LOL

lol nope! Although, I have met the real voice actor of Elmo. I collect Elmo stuff and now just started into pinball. I have always been fascinated by pinball.

#16 10 years ago

I am also a graphic designer and website designer!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ElmoPinball:

Does anyone have the links to the pop BUMPER caps? Someone mentioned PBL for them. thank you

Still not sure if trolling, but scroll down:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

#18 10 years ago

I can hardly wait for some pics!

#19 10 years ago

The Lexan can also be infused into the playfield. I would ask the guy who has one listed at 3300. I gather he is a Lexan expert. He really enjoys discussing it, too!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from ElmoPinball:

I appoligize, I am a bit embarrassed and still very new to pinball.

hmmmm new to pinball, does not know the correct term for bumper caps, but knows what ipdb is...

#21 10 years ago

Does your brother lift weights at your house? Does he bring Mother with him so she can watch her picture shows on the television? Do you serve Shasta? Do you give Pinball Lessons? Any word from Patty J ?

#22 10 years ago

Troll

Quoted from ElmoPinball:Although, I have met the real voice actor of Elmo.

I hope he didn't try and touch you inappropriately.

This thread has troll written all over it. $2600 for an EM Funhouse?

#23 10 years ago

Yep. Troll alert. Possible furt siting too.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Still not sure if trolling, but scroll down:
http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

Thank You. This seems to be the only helpful thing here. I am not a troll you guys. My friend said this website was highly recommended for new people that know nothing about pinball.

Too bad that parts website does not allow me to pay with a credit card.

#25 10 years ago

You don't have to use a credit card, you just send a check, Steve at PBR is a great guy.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ElmoPinball:

Thank You. This seems to be the only helpful thing here. I am not a troll you guys. My friend said this website was highly recommended for new people that know nothing about pinball.
Too bad that parts website does not allow me to pay with a credit card.

Ok, time will tell.

Until then we'll humor you.

Call PBR and speak with them. It's old school commerce, but an excellent resource. I actually like ordering, getting an invoice and settling up. Makes credit cards seem less important.

#27 10 years ago

A Big Bird told me that your last name is Norfin.

#28 10 years ago

Elmo, in their own sweet way...I think these guys are trying to suggest you do a little more research prior to purchase. A 1990 Funhouse would be a deal at 2400...this one not so much. A flag went up in my head when you mentioned "staining" the legs
If you are genuinely wanting to gain from this forum, ya need thick skin and the ability to read through sarcasm!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A flag went up in my head when you mentioned "staining" the legs

I also thoght something was wrong when you mentioned some flaking on the backglass. I was thinking 1990 Funhouse at $2600 until I saw the pict.

#30 10 years ago

So to be clear

Quoted from ElmoPinball:Man this is great. ... She wanted 5000 dollars for it, which is close to what the nice ones are going for. So I go and look at it and it looks to be in pretty ok shape but does not work. The backglass is flaking a little too. The legs could use some new stain as well as they are pretty old. So I negotiate her down to 2600 bucks! I now have 2 machines to work on!

So to be clear you purchased this pin for $2600, right?

967f1.jpg967f1.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Plated Cigarette holders on side rails?

#32 10 years ago

♫ ♪ Trolly-troll-troll-troll....trolly-troller-troll-la-la-la...troll ♩ ♫ ♬

#33 10 years ago

If she exists I'm cheering for the friends mom on this one...

#34 10 years ago

1 year later
#35 8 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I have decided I might want a Fun House as well. I had no idea they were going for this much but according to Boston pinball the price is spot on. Some have sold for as much as $4k. It must be a special machine.

I notice the OP still has it in his collection and was wondering if it is as good a player as it is a looker.

1 year later
#36 7 years ago

Looks like one of the few that do own this machine is very proud of it. Personally I would pay decent money for a nice original example, but not $7500. No way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42413

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up-a-funhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.