Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by boscokid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160527_123155_(resized).jpg
    20160527_122757_(resized).jpg
    20160527_122549_(resized).jpg
    20160527_122145_(resized).jpg
    20160527_122142_(resized).jpg
    20160527_121342_(resized).jpg
    20160527_121215_(resized).jpg
    20160527_121246_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I put a absentee bid on that atlantis and they call yesterday and told me i won it!!!!! 318.00 out the door. not a bad price even without a bg.
    it is pretty nice i must say. the cab is a bit yellow but not much wear. the pf looks mint, it is dirty but i cleaned a spot and i think it will be a real beauty. i know where the back is....... in a million pieces. i can see bits inside the cab.
    talked to steve at bgrestro and he side he could make me a glass no problem. he would just use the image on ipdb to line it up.

20160527_121246_(resized).jpg20160527_121246_(resized).jpg

20160527_121215_(resized).jpg20160527_121215_(resized).jpg

20160527_121342_(resized).jpg20160527_121342_(resized).jpg

20160527_122142_(resized).jpg20160527_122142_(resized).jpg

20160527_122145_(resized).jpg20160527_122145_(resized).jpg

20160527_122549_(resized).jpg20160527_122549_(resized).jpg

20160527_122757_(resized).jpg20160527_122757_(resized).jpg

20160527_123155_(resized).jpg20160527_123155_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Great game good price. I assume there's a repro available for this one for $300? I'm working on a Sheriff now very good playfield design.

Only thing that always bothered me about Atlantis...those brown fish on the cabinet!!!

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great game good price. I assume there's a repro available for this one for $300?

this is a sample game, it has the half moon credit wheel. unlike the production game that had the standard unit.
    so the backglass isn't the same

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

this is a sample game, it has the half moon credit wheel. unlike the production game that had the standard unit.
    so the backglass isn't the same

So worst case you can't see the credit wheel? I'd be ok with that if I had to. Credit wheel ain't important in home use.

#6 7 years ago

My friend needs a Backglass for a Sample Atlantis. If you order one, PM me. Maybe he'll give you a better price if you order 2

#7 7 years ago

Nice! And looking at Kovalski3, always looking for a deal.

#8 7 years ago

Congrats Dave. No one better to bring it back to it's former glory than you!

#9 7 years ago

Good score on a good game.

Looks like it's in pretty good shape too.

#10 7 years ago

Nice to see it go to a good home. Great deal just for the playfield, let alone a sample game to boot. What's the game counter show?

#11 7 years ago

Yeah, saw that it was a sample game right away. Good and bad. The backglass is a variant, so the regular repros won't fit the bill.

#12 7 years ago

I just noticed the right slingshot does not have the tab extending over the pin they put below the bottom sling post. That was obviously a change.

#13 7 years ago

Great score Dave. makes me want to move to PA.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Great score Dave. makes me want to move to PA.

ken there is enough competition here already. lol
    this is the first good local deal i have had in quite some time.
    i am really surprised i got it

#16 7 years ago

Sweet, Dave.

I can see different color bumper bodies and caps too. Interesting.

Are you going to do a cabinet repaint or is it good enough to meet your standards?

Lee

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Sweet, Dave.
    I can see different color bumper bodies and caps too. Interesting.
    Are you going to do a cabinet repaint or is it good enough to meet your standards?
    Lee

Lee,
    it is pretty nice, a bit yellow but not as yellow as most. the front of the head and cab are the worse part.
    i think i will keep it as is for now. i will shop it inside and out. i should have the new glass in 6-8 weeks so
    i have some time to finish up a few other projects.

#18 7 years ago

Just take out that worthless halfmoon credit (no one will give a flying hoot that it is a sample game) and wire in a normal credit wheel. Buy a good repro instead of a BGresto and you are set.

#19 7 years ago

I suggested that too but the purist in him wants to keep the "sample" in sample game.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

I suggested that too but the purist in him wants to keep the "sample" in sample game.

me a purist.... OH the humanity!!!
    i am not by a long shot but i don't willy nilly paint and hack.
    for me to put a standard reel in i need to cut the light board... un reversible
    plus i have a very nice original atlantis already. i will keep eye out for a good glass but you know as well as
    I do with 100+/- made how many are floating around.
    the bgresto glass will work and make the game complete.

#21 7 years ago

Congrats Dave!

#22 7 years ago

YOU LUCKY STIFF IM JEALOUS
    ENJOY IT

#23 7 years ago

Congrats great pin!

#25 7 years ago

Nice score Dave.

#26 7 years ago

Nice pick up Dave, you never know at an auction its a roll of the dice.

I'm sure you will have it up and looking good in no time.

#27 7 years ago

Ah mah gerd irreversible. To each their own I guess.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Just take out that worthless halfmoon credit (no one will give a flying hoot that it is a sample game) and wire in a normal credit wheel. Buy a good repro instead of a BGresto and you are set.

No, No, No! I'd rather put a regular backglass in it for now, and work on getting the sample one made. An irreversible modification on a sample game, especially one with a major variation and on such a high-end title as "Atlantis" would be foolish. Before doing that, I would try to find a regular "Atlantis" lightbox insert and swap it in the game until I could locate or have a backglass made. That would be reversible.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

No, No, No! I'd rather put a regular backglass in it for now, and work on getting the sample one made. An irreversible modification on a sample game, especially one with a major variation and on such a high-end title as "Atlantis" would be foolish. Before doing that, I would try to find a regular "Atlantis" lightbox insert and swap it in the game until I could locate or have a backglass made. That would be reversible.

jr that is my plan. steve is making the sample glass for me so i will use that until(IF) i can find a real sample glass

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

especially one with a major variation

What major variation? A half moon credit unit?

Quoted from jrpinball:

especially one with a major variation and on such a high-end title as "Atlantis" would be foolish.

I know you guys would call "Blasphemy" But you guys act like you found the Maltese Falcon or something.

#31 7 years ago

Looking at your collection I am glad you got this game.

I considered going to bid on this game, however it has a much more promising future in your hands.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.