(Topic ID: 135986)

Just passed 5000 plays on Tron HUO NIB is this rare?

By Shenanigander

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg
023.jpg
022.jpg
021.jpg
019.jpg
020.jpg
014.jpg
018.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Is this crazy? How many of you have this many plays on NIB or HUO modern games? I imagine the game count even resets one the latest code is installed.

Mind you I have a couple friends that like to Mulligan from time to time so if you Mulligan on a 3 or 4 player game it will tally those up too!

#2 8 years ago

That might be a record. You must love your Tron. How's the play field holding up?

#3 8 years ago

Yes, that is definitely crazy. How many games are you playing per week at this point?

#4 8 years ago

Prolly about ~500 here and still mint. I'm curious too

#5 8 years ago

The playfield is still mint! There is pretty much no wear anywhere! There may be a tad of wear in the arcade scoop but I have a Mantis there. I'd have to take a closer look!

#6 8 years ago

Here are some pics. Playfield needs to be cleaned but this is what you can expect after 5000 plays!

014.JPG014.JPG018.JPG018.JPG019.JPG019.JPG020.JPG020.JPG021.JPG021.JPG022.JPG022.JPG023.JPG023.JPG

#7 8 years ago

That's amazing...way to go! I know that the lifetime earnings don't reset when you update code...but not sure about total plays. Also, I can't say for sure about modern Sterns, but WPC games don't count a play until you reach ball three - so if you mulligan earlier than that, it won't be counted against you.

#8 8 years ago

5000 plays on tron is like 500 plays on spiderman ......... your ok

#9 8 years ago

My LE was definitely around the high 5K (closer to 6?) mark, with the majority of the plays going on the 1.3 code.
Four disc rubbers, two disc motors, (one was just terrible) three flipper re-builds with two change of new bats, four FULL teardowns w/re-rubberings, (sling rubbers done at least 10+ times) one new scoop.
It still looked and played like a pampered game because it technically was! Changing balls sooner than later and in-between cleanings/waxing was really the key to it's youthful PF appearance.
IM-esque ball times on around 3000 of those games didn't hurt either!

Edit: Proto Cliffy from pretty much day one also installed. Shooter lane protectors went in midway through.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

My LE was definitely around the high 5K (closer to 6?) mark, with the majority of the plays going on the 1.3 code.
Four disc rubbers, two disc motors, three flipper re-builds with two change of new bats, four FULL teardowns w/re-rubberings, (sling rubbers done at least 10+ times) one new scoop.
It still looked and played like a pampered game because it technically was! Changing balls sooner than later and in-between cleanings/waxing was really the key to it's youthful PF appearance.
IM-esque ball times on around 3000 of those games didn't hurt either!

Wow! I actually had to replace a flipper transistor day one from holding the flipper up too long (was on phone). Other than that I did one tear down and cleaning, had one broken diode in on the shooter lane switch. Had to pull up the upper left flipper bat once as it was dragging. But other that that I have not had to do much else.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah, the full teardowns were due to the crappy white rubber I was putting in. If I had the Titan stuff four years earlier it would've probably only needed one full teardown.

Titan rings are now on everything and I couldn't be happier with all the extra free time that has been cleared up due to NOT working on games.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

That's amazing...way to go! I know that the lifetime earnings don't reset when you update code...but not sure about total plays. Also, I can't say for sure about modern Sterns, but WPC games don't count a play until you reach ball three - so if you mulligan earlier than that, it won't be counted against you.

Haha thanks! So they all may be legit plays

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, the teardowns were due to the crappy white rubber I was putting in. If I had the Titan stuff four years earlier it would've probably only needed one full teardown.
Titan rings are now on everything and I couldn't be happier with all that extra free time I have now.

Interesting. I have never tried them? Are they like superband material?

#14 8 years ago

Nope... Superbands are polyurethane, Titans are silicone; depending on which ones you get (GITD feels a tad bit stiffer IMHO) they'll play like the good "old" stuff.
Thanks to Vid's "bounce" test he did a while back comparing the HAPP rubber to the Titan, I knew it was going to blow away the current stuff I was reluctantly using.
I started with a small order, since I was still kinda gun shy from Saturn rubbers and the Superbands. I decided to put a full set on my Grand Lizard to give them a proper beatdown. The flipper rubbers alone felt waaay better than the two mentioned above and the slings/misc rubbers were surprisingly nice and active.
Having the clear variety not go completely white when stretched was also a nice bonus.
I've since tinkered with some of the other colors and have found the bounce characteristics to be pretty much the same but, the majority of my games are still done up in the traditional white, because the silicone is a breeze to clean the dirt off of. Even after months of heavy play!

Hope that helps.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Here are some pics. Playfield needs to be cleaned but this is what you can expect after 5000 plays!
014.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG

That's a lot of plays! Still beautiful.

I'd recommend a cliffy for your shooter lane

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nope... Superbands are polyurethane, Titans are silicone; depending on which ones you get (GITD feels a tad bit stiffer IMHO) they'll play like the good "old" stuff.
Thanks to Vid's "bounce" test he did a while back comparing the HAPP rubber to the Titan, I knew it was going to blow away the current stuff I was reluctantly using.
I started with a small order, since I was still kinda gun shy from Saturn rubbers and the Superbands. I decided to put a full set on my Grand Lizard to give them a proper beatdown. The flipper rubbers alone felt waaay better than the two mentioned above and the slings/misc rubbers were surprisingly nice and active.
Having the clear variety not go completely white when stretched was also a nice bonus.
I've since tinkered with some of the other colors and have found the bounce characteristics to be pretty much the same but, the majority of my games are still done up in the traditional white, because the silicone is a breeze to clean the dirt off of. Even after months of heavy play!
Hope that helps.

Well that is very interesting. I will have to give Titan a try. Thanks for the info!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

That's a lot of plays! Still beautiful.
I'd recommend a cliffy for your shooter lane

Yes that is a good idea! Thanks!

#18 8 years ago

5000 plays while it's still in the box huh? That is pretty unusual...

Just funnin' since it's no longer NIB but it is HUO...

Sweet machine. I'd like to have one someday...
Jaz

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jaz

Ha, if you receive an NIB machine and it shows a 5000 play audit it might not really be NIB.

#20 8 years ago

Mike still double flips each flip when he plays. You do the time math

#21 8 years ago

I just don't understand people that stay away from playing their pinball because of the fear of bringing the total plays up.
It's a toy! Play with it, enjoy it!
Have a beer and just have fun, that's what they where made for, not sitting there looking pretty.

(Rant over)

Keep on enjoying the game OP and have fun!

Axl

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I just don't understand people that stay away from playing their pinball because of the fear of bringing the total plays up.
Have a beer and just have fun, that's what they where made for, not sitting there looking pretty.
(Rant over)
Axl

You haven't met any of the anal collector types that just glue toys to the game and put lights on it, and don't even have their initials on the scoreboard.
It's like an expensive dollhouse to some I guess.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

People actually do that? I'm trying to roll the play count like an EM.

#24 8 years ago

Everyone likes them for different reasons, and has different time to allot to them. Who cares why, the more the merrier.

#25 8 years ago

That's impressive. Just curious what your top score is after all those plays. Also have you made it to Portal yet or is that a routine achievement after all the plays? Just looking for a glimmer of hope that someday I'll get to portal.

#26 8 years ago

Right on! Good for you..play it like you stole it..

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

5000 plays on tron is like 500 plays on spiderman ......... your ok

Or 10000 on IM!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jaz

Haha yes! I guess I didn't clarify that too well lol. You all know what I meant I think though

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Mike still double flips each flip when he plays. You do the time math

Is there another method?

Quoted from Axl:

(Rant over)
Axl

Quoted from Deez:

You haven't met any of the anal collector types that just glue toys to the game and put lights on it, and don't even have their initials on the scoreboard.
It's like an expensive dollhouse to some I guess.

Yes everyone has their own style. I rarely mod anything. Leds if anything.

Quoted from yancy:

People actually do that? I'm trying to roll the play count like an EM.

Ohhh Goal unlocked!

Quoted from west6926:

That's impressive. Just curious what your top score is after all those plays. Also have you made it to Portal yet or is that a routine achievement after all the plays? Just looking for a glimmer of hope that someday I'll get to portal.

My top score is 230,000,000ish. Did that maybe a year ago and cant surpass it. Then again I'm never actually going for any point strategies. It is all about getting to sos and portal. I have got to portal about a dozen times. Left it hanging 2 times (ouch). My goal now is to beat portal. I think i have only been about 25% to achieving that at most so far.

#29 8 years ago

4150 on a last-run model ("ladies" translite). That's on this firmware; think it got a couple hundred on the shipped release. Would be more but we're playing lots of Metallica lately.

#30 8 years ago

Very impressive....Im only at this.....Mulligans are not allowed at my house unless you want your knuckles rapped with the 6lb paint stick.IMG_0716.jpgIMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpgIMG_0717.jpg

#31 8 years ago

That is freaking awesome!!! You should celebrate that by playing a few games

#32 8 years ago

That's awesome! Playfield wear looks minimal too. Stern made these games very well.

#33 8 years ago

Is this crazy? How many of you have this many plays on NIB or HUO modern games? I imagine the game count even resets one the latest code is installed.

I had around 4,000 plays on my IM after about 14 months of owning it. Audits were wiped when I got it. I've played it a lot less lately because it turns out our second child is a much lighter sleeper than the first was... darn it.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I had around 4,000 plays on my IM after about 14 months of owning it. Audits were wiped when I got it. I've played it a lot less lately because it turns out our second child is a much lighter sleeper than the first was... darn it.

Wow! 4000 in 14 months? That's a LOT of playing. Good for you!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Very impressive....Im only at this.....Mulligans are not allowed at my house unless you want your knuckles rapped with the 6lb paint stick.

It's mulligan city at my house, the benefits of owning the pins, I play by my own rules.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Very impressive....Im only at this.....Mulligans are not allowed at my house unless you want your knuckles rapped with the 6lb paint stick.IMG_0716.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg

Nice I need one on those. Their Mulligans actually allow me to tend to my beer!

#37 8 years ago

i sold mine after 3 years, with 7000-8000 games played on it, and still in very good (should i say perfect !?) state

#38 8 years ago

Mine has around 2,000 plays and I bought it > 2 years ago when you could get third run copies of the game. I did one big shopout last month, re-rubbered, cleaned under everything, swapped out the GI for LEDs. plays awesome. Scoop has some dark, compressed spots but I don't care.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i sold mine after 3 years, with 7000-8000 games played on it, and still in very good (should i say perfect !?) state

Wow. I'm still green compared

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

This was my best out of the 4+ years of ownership.

IMG_1746.jpgIMG_1746.jpg

Just a handful of portals as well. Waaaaay more SOS choking than I'd like to admit.
If you can master GEM then you are well on your way to reaching portal more frequently.

#41 8 years ago

Wow. I'm still green compared

in my case, i have my son who takes the half of the played games...

and for those asking about portal, same old story, quite "easy" to go there, but to beat it is really another story, seems there're only few guys on earth who finished it

btw, very nice pinball, i still miss it with no doubt

https://picasaweb.google.com/110304160913314353072/TRONLE

#42 8 years ago

Thanks. This is the only game I bought NIB in 40+ games. Not sure why it worked out that but got lucky I guess. I never want to pay tax again but MET PREMIUM is out again DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Me wants!!!!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Wow! 4000 in 14 months? That's a LOT of playing. Good for you!

It seems like it, but when the average game lasts just about 1:40 according to the audits, believe it or not it was only like two hours a week.

I like fast nasty games, and my IM is set up ridiculously awesome for my tastes. Wish Elias would let me play it or the other machines down here again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-passed-5000-plays-on-tron-huo-nib-is-this-rare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.