(Topic ID: 55078)

Just paid for PINBALL MAGAZINE #2 REPRINT!

By spfxted

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 248 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PM02 ad.jpg
    2.jpg
    PM-poster-ad-small.jpg
    Greg-@-Gameworks.jpg
    PM02 + PM02 sampler.jpg
    image.jpg
    PM02_preview_10.png
    PM02_preview_09.png
    PM02_preview_08.png
    PM02_preview_07.png
    PM02_preview_06.png
    PM02_preview_05.png
    PM02_preview_04.png
    PM02_preview_03.png
    PM02_preview_02.png
    PM02_preview_01.png
    There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 10 years ago

Glad to hear about the improved protection. My copy of the first issue arrived damaged, which put me off of ordering again.

#152 10 years ago

Mine arrived safe and sound last week with the new packaging. I enjoyed reading the entire Dennis Nordman interview last long weekend during my family camping trip at night. I highly recommend ordering it if you haven't already.

#153 10 years ago

My dual pack of 1 & 2 showed up completely undamaged for what it's worth.

#154 10 years ago

The last 30 copies of Pinball Magazine No. 1 have just been added to the Pinball Magazine web shop. This is your last chance to order Issue 1, or the package deal of Issue 1 + 2.
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#155 10 years ago

Ordered #1, should have done it a long time ago. I have had copy 2 since June but I went to help my dad for a month and it got shuffled to the bottom of a lot of other mags. What a great book. It is not a magazine.

I was happy to see that my Demo Man playfield did not look bad and the pictures were usable, just wish I could have been able to get a good picture of the translight. I forgot I had Cliffy's on the lanes until I saw the picture. Glad you cannot see I did not have time to polish it first.

#156 10 years ago

Ordered the package deal about a week ago.. how are these shipped to US? Are they shipped as soon as ordered or do you ship them in waves? Just curious. Thanks and cant wait to get my hands on these!

#157 10 years ago

My #1 and #2 pack showed up the other day and all I can is WOW! Both of these "magazines" (more like books!) look incredible. Time for me to start reading!

#158 10 years ago

Ordered mine!

#159 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

how are these shipped to US? Are they shipped as soon as ordered or do you ship them in waves?

In order to qualify for discounted postal rates, we need to ship a minimum number of copies/orders. Due to that the magazine ships out in batches. Usually we ship a batch once a month, but if orders come in more frequently we ship out sooner. Like this time. So, all orders are collected until the required minimum is matched and then they ship out all at the same time.

#160 10 years ago

how did I miss these? Glad I got my order in before #1 was out of stock.

#161 10 years ago

I received my parcel Monday. The top edge of the corrugated shipping carton was torn up but the plastic-encased books were not damaged in any way. These are substantial and I've barely had time to crack into them. I'm glad I got in for issue one, and highly recommend purchase to anyone on the fence!

#162 10 years ago

Two more days to go befor the next batch ships out. Only 15 copies of Issue 1 still available, either single or in a package deal with issue 2. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Two more days to go befor the next batch ships out. Only 15 copies of Issue 1 still available, either single or in a package deal with issue 2. http://www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

Awesome. Can't wait to get mine. I think your appearances on the podcasts really must have helped sales.

#164 10 years ago

Ordered the package deal, and just in time it seems

#165 10 years ago

I'm glad I saw this thread! I would have never known. Cant wait to see both!

#166 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think your appearances on the podcasts really must have helped sales.

Well, they did get me some positive feedback and nice comments this weekend at the UK Pinball Party

#167 10 years ago

Just got back from the UK. Will be packing magazines for the rest of the night

#168 10 years ago

Hey Pinheads, ordered my issue 2 on July 16, 2013 and it arrived to my Canadian address on August 1st, 2013. Nice! The issue is amazing and looks awesome beside my issue #1 in my mancave.

I love the full page shots of the playfields when discussing them, such a great read if your interested in the behind the scenes of getting AAA titles developed. Also love the stuff from Steve Ritchie poking fun at Dennis Nordman! Who knew he had such a sense of humour.

Highly recommended for anyone even remotely interested in this great hobby. hey now and keep up the excellent work Jon.

Any chance you can create a subscription service so I just get it shipped and charged to CC or paypal when issue#3 is ready?

#169 10 years ago

We're down to the last 3 package deals of Pinball Magazine No. 1 + 2...

Quoted from paulohotline:

Any chance you can create a subscription service so I just get it shipped and charged to CC or paypal when issue#3 is ready?

We have been thinking to do some form of subscription where you would be invoiced on your PayPal account in case a new Issue is published. Once the invoice is paid, your copy ships in the next batch. I may start a poll on that to see if there is any demand for that.

#170 10 years ago

The 3rd batch of Pinball Magazine No. 2 shipped out today. The next batch is scheduled to ship mid-late September.

Also, this morning Issue 1 SOLD OUT! All I have left of the first print are a few (less than 10) slightly damaged copies, which I did not put up in the web shop. Contact me if you're interested in one of these. You may still be able to find a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 1 at the following locations / vendors:
    Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA - USA
    Great Pinball (John Greatwich) - Canada
    The Goat Store (Dan Loosen) - USA
    Illinois Pinball (Gene Cunningham) - USA
    Louisville Pinball Expo (Jeremy Fleitz) - USA (to order, please contact me. Any copies left here may show up at Expo)
    Game Parts Online (Frederique) - France

#171 10 years ago

How much do you think a copy of #1 will sell for by Christmas?

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

How much do you think a copy of #1 will sell for by Christmas?

10,000 ¢.

1 week later
    #173 10 years ago

Not sure if I should start a new topic, or just mention it here:
    Last week Pinball Magazine No. 1 was launched exactly 1 year ago. In order to celebrate this some how I figured it would be nice to publish some new interviews for FREE. So this week I will be publishing not 1, not 2, but 3 up-to-date, in-depth interviews with Jersey Jack Pinball’s Jack Guarnieri (owner), Joe Balcer (designer of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit) and Jean-Paul de Win (LCD animator Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit). The interviews will be published on different days this week and today we start with the interview with Jack Guarnieri.
    See www.pinball-magazine.com. Hope you enjoy the interviews.

Cheers!

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Mine arrived safe and sound last week with the new packaging. I enjoyed reading the entire Dennis Nordman interview last long weekend during my family camping trip at night. I highly recommend ordering it if you haven't already.

Quoted from Aurich:

My dual pack of 1 & 2 showed up completely undamaged for what it's worth.

I wish that I could say the same. I must have a group of samsonite gorillas working in my postal hubs. even with the new box packaging, all of the corners and the spines on all 4 issues (2 each of no.s 1 & 2) were all bent up

in fact, I'm even surprised that the magazines were still in the box, given how beat to hell it was (both of the ends were literally ripped apart with just a small 2" section intact (where the tape was) on each end holding the box together

so much for ordering 2 extra sets to give as gifts. it looks pretty bad trying to "gift" something that's all beat up

#175 10 years ago

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

Issue #2 showed up unexpectedly at my door about a month ago and I was thrilled to see my freshly restored WH2O playfield used in the Nordman/Freres interview. Glad you were able to use the pics Jonathan... and thanks for the issue! This is a fantastic publication.

My issue #1 is well heeled by this point. I'd better place it in a protective vacuum sealed envelope before I reduce it's value any further

Thanks again!
    Adriano

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Not sure if I should start a new topic, or just mention it here:

I'd start a new topic, a little buried here. You're offering something to the community, don't be shy about promoting it.

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I wish that I could say the same. I must have a group of samsonite gorillas working in my postal hubs. even with the new box packaging, all of the corners and the spines on all 4 issues (2 each of no.s 1 & 2) were all bent up

in fact, I'm even surprised that the magazines were still in the box, given how beat to hell it was (both of the ends were literally ripped apart with just a small 2" section intact (where the tape was) on each end holding the box together

so much for ordering 2 extra sets to give as gifts. it looks pretty bad trying to "gift" something that's all beat up

Sorry to read about this. Can you drop me an email with photos of the packaging and magazines? Maybe showing them to DHL will lead to something.

I'm also curious to hear how the brown cardboard packaging held up. If others can let me know I'd appreciate that. Need to decide whether to continue with this deluxe packaging, or look out for a different option.

#178 10 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Last week Pinball Magazine No. 1 was launched exactly 1 year ago. In order to celebrate this some how I figured it would be nice to publish some new interviews for FREE. So this week I will be publishing not 1, not 2, but 3 up-to-date, in-depth interviews with Jersey Jack Pinball’s Jack Guarnieri (owner), Joe Balcer (designer of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit) and Jean-Paul de Win (LCD animator Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit).

The second interview, with pinball designer Joe Balcer, is now published: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1449. The interview with Jean-Paul de Win, LCD animator on The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit, will be published Saturday.

#179 10 years ago

The third free interview of this week is now published: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1467. This time we discuss the latest developments on Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit with JJP's graphic animator Jean-Paul de Win. Enjoy!

In case you enjoy these in-depth interviews, maybe a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 2 could interest you. See http://www.pinball-magazine.com/shop for all the details.

1 week later
    #180 10 years ago

The next batch of Pinball Magazine No. 2 will ship early next week. Orders coming in prior to Monday afternoon will definitely be in this batch. www.pinball-magazine.com

There is still a lot of requests for Pinball Magazine No. 1. I'm completely out of them, but may receive some copies at Expo from a show organizer that was too busy to sell them. So after Expo there may be a few copies of PM01 available.

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

There is still a lot of requests for Pinball Magazine No. 1.

We at goatstore.com have about a dozen of them left. We also just recently got and will be putting in stock Pinball Magazine 2.

#182 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

We at goatstore.com have about a dozen of them left. We also just recently got and will be putting in stock Pinball Magazine 2.

Thanks Dan, I already listed you on the PM website as one of the few last spots that may have copies for sale.

Jonathan

#183 10 years ago

Just paid for mine - bump for everyone on the fence to order by Monday if you want yours in the next batch.

#184 10 years ago

Reminder: The next batch of Pinball Magazine No. 2 will ship early this week. Orders coming in prior to Monday evening will still be included in this shipment. For more info (and lots of free content) see: www.pinball-magazine.com

#185 10 years ago

Picked mine up at the Ottawa Pinball show from John Greatwich. Magazine is heavy and a great read. Downside is when I'm done, I'll have to wait for no 3.

#186 10 years ago

If you haven't bought this yet then you're missing out. DOOO EEEEET!

#187 10 years ago

I bought Issue 1 and 2 a while back and I still haven't even gotten through Issue 2. These things are more like books. Awesome books! The Nordman interview goes through every game he did, has mini articles of others talking about him and Greg Freres. It's really cool to get that type of depth to somebody's career. Very very well done guys.

#188 10 years ago

er....aprox date for #3

#189 10 years ago

Due to a dental emergency the shipment has been slightly delayed. It will ship tomorrow. The good news: still able to take orders for a few hours www.pinball-magazine.com

Quoted from spfxted:

aprox date for #3

I hope to have it ready in december 2013, but PM03 may end up being even bigger than Issue 2, so it may be early 2014. But it will be worth the wait

#190 10 years ago

I can't wait for #3! I'm actually still progressing through BOTH 1 and 2. They're absolutely great, fantastic quality, great material, laid out really well. Keep it up!

#191 10 years ago

Batch 5 of PM02 shipped out yesterday. After earlier complaints about damaged envelopes I tried two different types of cardboard envelopes. We'll see how these hold up in the mail, but I expect them to do better than the envelope used earlier.

The next batch will ship after Pinball Expo. I may even have a few copies of Issue 1 available then.

1 week later
    #192 10 years ago

Got my copy today and can't wait to read it. Any idea on a release date for volume 3? Anyone think there will ever actually be another issue of PinGame Journal?

#193 10 years ago

oops - should have read 3 posts up - December 2013 or early 2014

3 weeks later
    #194 10 years ago

PM02 + PM02 sampler.jpgPM02 + PM02 sampler.jpg
    At last week's Pinball Expo over 900 free Pinball Magazine sample Issues of No. 2 (here pictured on the right) were distributed. The sample Issue is also available as a free downloadable PDF on www.pinball-magazine.com. The feedback page in the sample Issue contains actual feedback on the full Issue 2. The full magazine (pictured on the left) was available at vendor stands at Expo, but can also still be ordered in the Pinball Magazine webshop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/ .

This week a new batch of magazines is scheduled to ship out, so order now and your copy will still be in this shipment. Please note: Overseas orders will ship in improved cardboard envelopes.

#195 10 years ago

Up, since orders coming in today can still be shipped this week

#196 10 years ago

Update: due to popular demand I was not able to process all orders yet, so this week's scheduled batch will now ship early next week. The good news is that this will allow more people to order a copy over the weekend www.pinball-magazine.com

#197 10 years ago

You had mentioned that you might have some copies of issue #1 for sale after Expo. I'm guessing that #1 is still totally sold out and you have none available for sale?

#198 10 years ago
    Quoted from MonsterBash26:

You had mentioned that you might have some copies of issue #1 for sale after Expo. I'm guessing that #1 is still totally sold out and you have none available for sale?

I did get some copies of Issue 1 at Expo and have a long list of people hoping to be able to order one. I'm way behind on my email, but will catch up this weekend. Then I can see who will be able to order a copy or not. Looks like there will not be enough copies to please everyone, so it's safe to say Issue 1 is sold out. There are a few vendors that may still have some copies left, but most told me they are out. I published a list of vendors that may have Issue 1 in stock some weeks ago on www.pinball-magazine.com.

3 weeks later
    #199 10 years ago

Announcement: The next batch of widely praised Pinball Magazine No. 2 will ship the first week of December. This should allow all overseas shipments to arrive at their destination prior to Christmas.
    Order your copy of Pinball Magazine No. 2 on www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#200 10 years ago

Give us a hint about #3 ...........

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-paid-for-pinball-magazine-2/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.