(Topic ID: 15273)

Just ordered Tron Legacy Pro from Amazon!

By cleland

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smassa
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
2012-04-23_18.00.45.jpg
2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg
SAM_0780.JPG
2012-04-17_10.18.15.jpg
2012-04-23_18.03.43.jpg
ford-gt.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I have been checking Amazon everyday for over a month and the price was like $5900, which is crazy. I just looked again today like I always do and it's on sale for $4699 with free shipping and no sales tax. What do you think, not too bad? I am stoked to finally be joining the Tron club! My wife and I spent a lot of time playing it last September at PPE and always wanted to own it one day.
Very Exciting! Guess, I'll be looking through all those EL wire ramp threads again

#2 11 years ago

Congrats! Not a bad price at all.

- Brock

#3 11 years ago

Now out of stock...

#4 11 years ago

If anyone is still looking, talk to Curly at little shop of games.
He's got one left NIB and his pricing (although not $4699) was fair.

I was just about to buy it but found one locally. Thanks Brock!

#5 11 years ago

LOL, I'm sure that sent a lot of people there to buy. I'm not surprised they are sold out.

One of the guys I know from my pinball club bought an IM a few years ago through amazon for $4200 delivered, and he got one year no interest financing through them also. He told me it was one of the smoothest purchases he ever made, and they delivered it right to his house with a lift gate truck.

Sweet deal if you ask me, especially since they are going for much higher now.

#6 11 years ago

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you are to buy now while it is backordered, when do they charge you, and can you cancel before they do?

I've watched some other NIB pins prices on Amazon before and always been sort of fascinated by it, and I'm really curious to know what happens now.

Sounds like a pretty decent price! Good score!

#7 11 years ago

Good job!

#8 11 years ago

IT WAS YOU! I had it in my cart, ready to go. Was running through the payment and it went out of stock!

Congrats!

#9 11 years ago

nice score!

i was wondering when they would drop it....

#10 11 years ago

Yep!
Amazon can be tricky that way...
Never know when a good pin deal is just a day away. Last year SM's and BDK's were $3899.99, Avatar's were $3699.99 and even in the fall just this last November IM hit $3899.99, all with no tax and delivered. Fingers crossed their TF Pro does the same...

#11 11 years ago

Nice. I have found a few places around that price.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks guys! Thats how I got my Ironman a couple of years ago as well. Just have to be patient and keep checking regularly. There were only 2 available, so I got one but who got the other?
Hope it was a pinsider!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I came very close to ordering an Avatar via Amazon for that price. Actually, I did click the purchase button then I backed out of it like a chicken shit. Don't really regret it though. If I get an Avatar I want an LE

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

IT WAS YOU! I had it in my cart, ready to go. Was running through the payment and it went out of stock!
Congrats!

Whoops! Sorry to have sniped it, I'm pretty quick with the click I guess

#15 11 years ago

Nice Job Kevin...I have one on my way as well, but not from Amazon. Never thought to look there!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

There were only 2 available, so I got one but who got the other?
Hope it was a pinsider!

Hmmm, no clue about the second one. When I added it to my cart there were 2 available, then BAM, zero.

I'd been using Amazon's "tell us about a lower price?" function for around 2 weeks or so hoping they'd drop the price closer to some of the other retailers. I'm assuming that function is what dropped the price since none of the other pins dropped with Tron.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Never thought to look there!

Me neither! That's a pretty good score with no tax & free shipping.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Nice Job Kevin...I have one on my way as well, but not from Amazon. Never thought to look there!

Thanks Joe! Maybe now we can get together and learn how light up the ramps with Coasterguys thread.

Also, my guess is Amazon was looking to get rid of stock maybe? Maybe Stern wants all stock gone before the re-run coming up?

I kept using the "tell us of a lower price" link and showing lower prices at other online retailers for the past month as well.

Quoted from goatdan:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you are to buy now while it is backordered, when do they charge you, and can you cancel before they do?

I've watched some other NIB pins prices on Amazon before and always been sort of fascinated by it, and I'm really curious to know what happens now.

Sounds like a pretty decent price! Good score!

They don't charge until it ships.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

They don't charge until it ships.

Okay, so if I get the credit card deal where they don't charge me for a year, and it never ships, I waste that, hunh?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Okay, so if I get the credit card deal where they don't charge me for a year, and it never ships, I waste that, hunh?

The way I got my Ironman from Amazon was with 12 months no interest and it works well if you are good and pay off the balance before the 12 months. That's why I keep an Amazon card for these kinds of opportunities. You can cancel anytime before shipping notification and they won't charge the card. The minute your machine is scheduled for shipment, they charge the card. At least thats the way it went in the past. We know there will be no stock until Stern makes more, and I don't think Amazon will get any from that run since I think only the regular distributers will be getting them...not that many to go around.

#22 11 years ago

Tron is a great game, you won't be disappointed. There is still talk that the code could be updated in the future, but even if it isn't Tron is great.

#23 11 years ago

Unless they have changed business practices, they don't actually have any of that stuff in stock. They sell the machine, and then they go and buy it for a cheaper price from a collector and have a company come and pick it up and deliver it.

They are more like brokers than like sellers. Also, what does that have to do with Tron?

And thanks for the info on the card. What I don't know is if I purchase one on a card for the "no interest, sign up for the card" price and if it doesn't ship, if I can still someday use the "no interest, sign up for the card" thing again. This would be one thing I wouldn't mind doing that with, but if I jumped on the possibility of a future Tron with it, I'd like to not miss out on buying another machine in the not too distant future with the same financing deal if that one doesn't ship...

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

And thanks for the info on the card. What I don't know is if I purchase one on a card for the "no interest, sign up for the card" price and if it doesn't ship, if I can still someday use the "no interest, sign up for the card" thing again. This would be one thing I wouldn't mind doing that with, but if I jumped on the possibility of a future Tron with it, I'd like to not miss out on buying another machine in the not too distant future with the same financing deal if that one doesn't ship...

The 12 months no interest comes up each time on "big ticket" items. This is my third pin purchase from Amazon (IM then Avatar(sold it for the same price I bought it though) and now Tron. Each time I was automatically given 12 months no interest. Keep your eyes peeled on Tranformers Pro now though, Im not looking for one, so if the price drops I'll post to pinside!

#25 11 years ago

Pinballs.com has free shipping and $4795
They may be able to go lower for cash

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

The 12 months no interest comes up each time on "big ticket" items. This is my third pin purchase from Amazon (IM then Avatar(sold it for the same price I bought it though) and now Tron. Each time I was automatically given 12 months no interest. Keep your eyes peeled on Tranformers Pro now though, Im not looking for one, so if the price drops I'll post to pinside!

Oh cool beans.

No interest on Transformers though, but may put in an order on Tron and see if I get smart before they restock

#27 11 years ago

Congrats! It must be from the first run.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

cleland said:The 12 months no interest comes up each time on "big ticket" items. This is my third pin purchase from Amazon (IM then Avatar(sold it for the same price I bought it though) and now Tron. Each time I was automatically given 12 months no interest. Keep your eyes peeled on Tranformers Pro now though, Im not looking for one, so if the price drops I'll post to pinside!
Oh cool beans.
No interest on Transformers though, but may put in an order on Tron and see if I get smart before they restock

Dammit Dan...Tron money would get you an IM! Way better game in my opinion (though many would disagree I know).

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Way better game in my opinion (though many would disagree I know).

Which one?

There is more of a story here, but... well, some other time

Oh, and I think I may finally have an IM. Just not for a little while yet, but I have a solid lead on one FINALLY! I just also do think that Tron isn't going to go down, any time soon, and I keep hearing it's awesome... and I *love* me my Borg games...

#31 11 years ago

Have both IM and Tron - IM better but both great.

#32 11 years ago

Monkeys Arcades are a JOKE !!!! They have emailed me to purchase pins only to resell on the site for big money. When I get an email from them I delete. They don't stock inventory or very little at best.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Bigpin:

Have both IM and Tron - IM better but both great.

Your both are on crack. Especially Jediturtle because I know him. Tron is a better game. Any game whose wizard mode is a spinner shoot up the middle should not even be considered.

#34 11 years ago

Monkey Arcades wants $4,256.36 for DE SW??? I've never seen one go for that much before. Before you monkey around, wave $3,500 under my nose and you've bought mine!

Post edited by txstargazer3 : add emoticon

#35 11 years ago

Nice score.

Enjoy your new game when it arrives.

I am jealous. I need to man up and just buy a nib tron.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Hmmm, no clue about the second one. When I added it to my cart there were 2 available, then BAM, zero.

I'd been using Amazon's "tell us about a lower price?" function for around 2 weeks or so hoping they'd drop the price closer to some of the other retailers. I'm assuming that function is what dropped the price since none of the other pins dropped with Tron.

Wow, this is funny! FYI, I just joined Pinside and the other Amazon buyer was me! I looked again today at Amazon about 1 pm mountain time and the price had dropped to $95 lower than the lowest I'd found. There were 2 left. Since I've bought so much stuff from Amazon and been really satisfied, I pulled the trigger. My first machine. I've been a huge pinball fan since I spent so much time with them (going bowling with my folks) back in early 60's. Not really sure (other than reviews of Tron) why I finally bought my own but anyway looking forward to next week's delivery and enjoying Pinside!

#37 11 years ago

Welcome and way to start off!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from soons:

Since I've bought so much stuff from Amazon and been really satisfied, I pulled the trigger. My first machine. I've been a huge pinball fan since I spent so much time with them (going bowling with my folks) back in early 60's.

Congrats on your first machine! Sadly it will not be your last...

Welcome to the support group also!

Joe

#39 11 years ago

congrats soons on the tron pin! once of the best stern pins out there. i think you will be very happy with your first nib purchase

#40 11 years ago

My first machine.

Wow, that would be like having a FordGT as your first car (0-60 in 3.2 seconds).

Tron is almost that fast, congrats!!!!!!!!!!

ford-gt.jpgford-gt.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Amazon's a great place to buy a pin. I had some problems with a NIB I got from them, and they came and picked it up and processed a full refund six weeks after the original purchase date.

#42 11 years ago

Nice buy, get the hallmark lighted cycles, El wire for the ramps, the Tron arcade upgraded cab for it as the one that comes with it is a joke compared to the upgraded one, and the lighted flynn sign. I played the LE version at the PHoF in Vegas and I did fairly well, ball times were decent to. Fun muti-ball action pin. Congratulations

#43 11 years ago

I just picked up HUO a week ago also. I really like fast pins and lymans rules. I almost pulled the trigger on that deal also.

I just added cointaker double LEDs .79 each plus 10% off with pinside discount.

Also a must on this is Flipper Fidelity Full sound system. 139.00 Daft Punk rattles the glass. Big difference. Love it.

Make sure to put Mylar on shooter lane day one! The half moon piece works.

Good luck.

2012-04-23_18.03.43.jpg2012-04-23_18.03.43.jpg 2012-04-17_10.18.15.jpg2012-04-17_10.18.15.jpg SAM_0780.JPGSAM_0780.JPG

#44 11 years ago

the sub. Also added shaker.

2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg

#45 11 years ago

Av8, what are those colored plastics at the end of your ramps?

#46 11 years ago

+1 on those ramp covers.... would love to add those to my machine.

Quoted from ChadH:

Av8, what are those colored plastics at the end of your ramps?

#47 11 years ago

AcDc and trim, you are like me going with the NIB path : ) I am waiting on both of those as well.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from soons:

Wow, this is funny! FYI, I just joined Pinside and the other Amazon buyer was me! I looked again today at Amazon about 1 pm mountain time and the price had dropped to $95 lower than the lowest I'd found. There were 2 left. Since I've bought so much stuff from Amazon and been really satisfied, I pulled the trigger. My first machine. I've been a huge pinball fan since I spent so much time with them (going bowling with my folks) back in early 60's. Not really sure (other than reviews of Tron) why I finally bought my own but anyway looking forward to next week's delivery and enjoying Pinside!

Nice! I think we had a a lucky day today. I've already ordered the Flynn sign, Kerry protector for the scoop, Hallmark light cycles, and got on the list for Cliffys ramp protectors...also ordered dark blue pin cab protectors. I would love the Arcade Mod but it's sold out, so I added my name to the list. I can't wait for delivery next week!

#49 11 years ago

But did you buy the most important mod. The sub woofer?

Those my friends are unique prototype plastic protectors that came with mine. Similar to these but with out the ramp covers.

ebay.com link: TRON LE PROTECTOR SET BACK IN STOCK AND LIMITED

Tron Pinball = Pinball Crack
"One game just ain't enough"

2012-04-23_18.00.45.jpg2012-04-23_18.00.45.jpg

#50 11 years ago

I have the new light cycles. Where is the best place to buy wire? What gauge? Im going to wire them to light cycle inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Trade
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-ordered-tron-legacy-pro-from-amazon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.