(Topic ID: 92908)

Just ordered from Titan pinball, how's there rubber rings holding up?

By Jeff_PHX_AZ

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210429_071847[1] (resized).jpg
Titan-Logo-Small (resized).jpg
20190202_154723 (resized).jpg
20190127_163305 (resized).jpg
IMG_0590_(resized).JPG
IMG_0588_(resized).JPG
IMG_0589_(resized).JPG
IMG_0420_(resized).JPG
IMG_0576_(resized).JPG
image-581.jpg
image-160.jpg
image-675.jpg
image-533.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

What I bought was:

3 purple flipper rubbers- 2 for Metallica and 1 for the upper flipper on Star Trek
2 blue flipper rubbers- for the bottom flippers on Star Trek
2 purple 2 inch rings for the slingshots on Metallica
2 blue 2 inch rings for the slingshots on Star Trek

I hope the 2 inch slingshots rings are correct size or I'll have to get some 2 1/2 inch ones. let me know if I'am correct on the size?
Anyways, anyone using these yet? If so how they holding up? Prices were great, all that I bought for $9 shipped. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

so, no one have these rings on there games?

#3 9 years ago

I have for about 7 weeks now, and made a post...So far..Awesome! I love the look, and slowly when needed, I am changing every game from either black or White, to Clear or colored...With new molds and a clean resin...I am finding alot less dust, and cleaning needed!

1 month later
#4 9 years ago

Uh oh, my red rubber for my IM sling just popped mid game. Crazy! Had it about a month or so.

Ryan

image-675.jpgimage-675.jpg image-533.jpgimage-533.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Good thing I bought another!

image-581.jpgimage-581.jpg image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg
7 months later
#6 9 years ago

Can someone follow up on how well these are performing? Has anyone used them in route games?

#7 9 years ago

do they play like white rubber or do they act like those shitty superbands?

#8 9 years ago

Shitty superbands? Mine, while not in a routed game, have held up great and seem like regular rubber. Only had two break in over six months.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can someone follow up on how well these are performing? Has anyone used them in route games?

Just for clarification, I think the rings in this thread are the original Titan Colored Rings, not the newly released silicone ones.

#10 9 years ago

Yea those are the kind I have in my IM. I'll be putting the new silicon into my Avengers

#11 9 years ago

Yeah at first I thought the first run was silicone, but it's not.

#12 9 years ago

they do not play like normal rubber. Not at all.

#13 9 years ago

The new silicon rings from Titan do play very much like a soft duro flipper rubber. I've been testing them for a while on CV and Metallica. They are quite different from super bands. The bounce is back, baby!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they do not play like normal rubber. Not at all.

To clarify, are you talking about Titan's rubber rings, Titan's new silicon "competition" rings, or Superbands?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To clarify, are you talking about Titan's rubber rings, Titan's new silicon "competition" rings, or Superbands?

He was talking about Superbands.

#17 9 years ago

no, i know superbands. They feel like garbage. Nothing like normal black or colored rubber. I'm talking about titans rings. that's what I'm asking about.

1 year later
#18 7 years ago

So I installed Titan silicone rings on my TAVLE almost 150 games ago and my slingshot rubber is about to split. I am hoping that this is not the norm because the translucent add a awesome visual effect with the light show. Just trying to gauge how many I need to order.

#19 7 years ago

I've seen them snap on slingshots a few times. had one snap behind the drop targets on my mustang too.... that being said normal rubber rings snap here too just not as quickly I find.

#20 7 years ago

The translucent bands have split on me more than other colors. I'm hoping they correct the formula to make them last longer. I use them and really like them.

#21 7 years ago

Haven't had any problems with my clear rings, been about a year now

#22 7 years ago

I ordered more they look and play awesome, just didn't know if it was a freak incident.

3 weeks later
#23 7 years ago

I just put a translucent ring kit from Titan Pinball, in my popeye pinball machine.
First I will say they look great.
Truthfully, the quality isn't there. They are not tough enough for a machines that have multi-ball action.
Less than 20 games played since installed. I have had 2 different ones break in different areas of playfield.
Lot of work to swap broken ones out.
Their customer service seems good.

IMG_0576_(resized).JPGIMG_0576_(resized).JPG
IMG_0420_(resized).JPGIMG_0420_(resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I just put a translucent ring kit from Titan Pinball, in my popeye pinball machine.
Truthfully, the quality isn't there. They are not tough enough for a machines that have multi-ball action.
Less than 20 games played since installed. I have had 2 different ones break in different areas of playfield.
Save your self headaches pass on these!

I agree. They look great. But anything bigger than an inch will not hold up. Ive had one break on my GOT and both slingers are very close to snapping as well. Its too bad cause the red looks bad ass in GOT.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Save your self headaches pass on these!

Received email about the problem at 10AM, replacement rings are already shipped!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree. They look great. But anything bigger than an inch will not hold up. Ive had one break on my GOT and both slingers are very close to snapping as well. Its too bad cause the red looks bad ass in GOT.

Did you use 2 1/2" rings? ALL Stern games need 2 1/2" for the slings regardless of what the manual says.

I have been using the rings for quite some time, well before my wife and I bought the company back in June. I have them on 5 machines that get played every day and have not had a single ring break. That is not to say that they don't break. I am always available on pinside, or by email at [email protected]. Let me know if you ever have a question, problem or need a broken ring replaced!

#26 7 years ago

I have had a few slings snap (rare) and just go up a 1/4 or 1/2 inch and no issues since.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Received email about the problem at 10AM, replacement rings are already shipped!

Did you use 2 1/2" rings? ALL Stern games need 2 1/2" for the slings regardless of what the manual says.
I have been using the rings for quite some time, well before my wife and I bought the company back in June. I have them on 5 machines that get played every day and have not had a single ring break. That is not to say that they don't break. I am always available on pinside, or by email at [email protected]. Let me know if you ever have a question, problem or need a broken ring replaced!

Manual calls for 2 1/2". im pretty positive thats what i ordered. I'll double check. The one that did snap is the 1-1/2" behind the drops. I think i replaced it with a 1 3/4" and seems to be holding up well so far.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Manual calls for 2 1/2". im pretty positive thats what i ordered. I'll double check. The one that did snap is the 1-1/2" behind the drops. I think i replaced it with a 1 3/4" and seems to be holding up well so far.

Got it. Just let me know if you need anything. I'm always here to help!

#29 7 years ago

Got it. Just let me know if you need anything. I'm always here to help!

Right on! I'll probably go for one more order in the near future. like i said, they look really bitchin in red on GOT. But if they snap every couple months, i may stop. But will let you know, thanks!

3 weeks later
#30 7 years ago

The Titan Pinball rubbers, sure look nice. I now know that the manual is not correct on my Popeye machine for a few of the rubber sizes. I see the one that keeps breaking calls for 2.5" might be 1/2" inch to short, they are sending me some bigger ones. One of the same rubbers I had trouble with when regular white rubbers were installed in my machine. I have learned that if you have to stretch them more than a little, they are too small and will break. They have good customer service. So they haven't given up, nor have I. Enjoy my updated pics.

IMG_0589_(resized).JPGIMG_0589_(resized).JPG

IMG_0588_(resized).JPGIMG_0588_(resized).JPG

IMG_0590_(resized).JPGIMG_0590_(resized).JPG

#31 7 years ago

I use them on route games and I love their play and they break once in a while but I'm hoping that they work on that. They perform better than Super bands but super bands are more durable. Still going with Titan. Thanks Titan pinball. Service is impeccable, and I'm a fan for life. Follow BrioklynPinball on social media and you will see games wearing Titan.

#32 7 years ago

Stunning Popeye, Tony, and well balanced!

#33 7 years ago

Thanks guys! I bet that popeye would turn some coin on route! You don't see them very often and Tony's is shiny!

#34 7 years ago

I really like the look of the translucent. Ordering soon. I'm hoping the sizes match up to my manuals.

7 months later
#35 7 years ago

I went with 2 3/4". I think the ones towards the back were 2.5" we went with 3". All good now. No problem since. A plus on customer service. Was a big job to change them 3 times though.

1 year later
#36 5 years ago

You said this over 2 years ago yet you're still shipping stern kits with 2" rubbers for the slingshots. UGH! RCT manual says 2" but it's supposed to be 2.5 inch.

20190127_163305 (resized).jpg20190127_163305 (resized).jpg
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You said this over 2 years ago yet you're still shipping stern kits with 2" rubbers for the slingshots. UGH! RCT manual says 2" but it's supposed to be 2.5 inch. [quoted image]

To be fair, for the most part the kits are created by users and not by Titan. People create kits and upload them to the database so you may find errors.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

To be fair, for the most part the kits are created by users and not by Titan. People create kits and upload them to the database so you may find errors.

Perhaps but Titan has said they all take 2.5” so they know. They just made a mistake, it happens. They will fix it promptly and I am sure they are happy this is brought to their attention.

1 week later
#39 5 years ago

I got RCT back together with the marco rubbers and it plays great!

20190202_154723 (resized).jpg20190202_154723 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#40 3 years ago

Tried Titan White on my TZ and they are horrible. Too tight and won't stretch out.
Almost ripped out a couple posts on my NEW Micro playfield
Why are these popular??

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Tried Titan White on my TZ and they are horrible. Too tight and won't stretch out.
Why are these popular??

Tried them where? If slings then I usually order a size up

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Tried them where? If slings then I usually order a size up

Same. If the ring is really hard to put on and very stretched size up. Some of sizes in manuals are wrong as well. Best to order a few extra sizes if there is any doubt. Pay attention to the sizes of the rings when you take them off so you can make sure you have the same size.

#43 3 years ago

Those were Superbands on his machine, not Titans.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I’ve had that issue with Superbands in the past, never with Titan rubbers. And I’ve installed Titans on about 35 or 40 pins.

On some pins that used odd sizes, like 2 1/4” etc, I also stepped up to 2 1/2”.

#45 3 years ago

Even if the rubber you pull off says 3", if the new 3" seems tight, use common sense and go up a size. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Be super careful not to nick the new rubber while pulling it over the post screw. If you nick it, it will break in no time.

I've used Titans on route games for years, they absolutely last longer than standard PRB rubber (the gold standard in real rubber).

#46 3 years ago

I like the Titan rubbers I got for Monopoly, but the 5/16 ID rings had an exterior diameter that is larger than white rubber rings. We're not talking a lot of difference, but enough that it causes problems on the game. I had to pull a few and put white rubbers in their place.

According to my callipers, we are talking 0.705" for Titan (blue) and 0.680" for white rubbers.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Why are these popular??

My top 10 reason why I order from them and why I believe they are so popular:

1. The quality of their products is outstanding
2. They come in some amazing colors
3. They are quick to ship
4. I like the way the ball bounces off of them
5. They have amazing customer service
6. Their prices are in line with other vendors
7. They are active on Pinside so you can always reach out to them here.
8. Titan Pinball has donated over a $1000 to help struggling pinball locations this year alone!
9. They stand behind their products and will correct any issues you may have.
10. Eric is a great guy, if you see him at a Pinball event, stop and have a chat with him. You'll see.
Titan-Logo-Small (resized).jpgTitan-Logo-Small (resized).jpg

This is NOT a paid endorsement! LOL (unless Eric wants too)

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

8. Titan Pinball has donated over a $1000 to help struggling pinball locations this year alone!
10. Eric is a great guy, if you see him at a Pinball event, stop and have a chat with him. You'll see.
[quoted image]
This is NOT a paid endorsement! LOL (unless Eric wants too)

11. for Canadians is fair shipping prices to Canada.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Lol. You are too kind.

BTW I was able to confirm with the customer directly that the rings were not Titans.

#50 3 years ago

That explains it. Those have no give at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-ordered-from-titan-pinball-hows-there-rubber-rings-holding-up?hl=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.