• Latest reply 10 years ago by BALL_LESS1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rottendog.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hey gang Happy Halloween,So I just ordered 2 Rottendog Boards from Mad Amusements,Have you guys ever used Rottendog and what do you think about their products?
I ordered the main Power Supply Board for $270.00 and the Dot Matrix Controller Board for $89.00
My machine randomly just stops and resets for no apparent reason,Coin-Op Cauldron said that was a problem on those HSII games and the same era of Williams games in general,also my DMD controller had some burnt areas on the board,another known problem from what my research shows.I also ordered a beacon motor for the machine as mine was working intermittently and was making noise.

Rottendog.jpgRottendog.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I currently use a wpc 89 cpu board from Rottendog.
The clock says 12:34 Oct 22.....
and has done since 12:34 on Oct 22.
Other than that it works ok. im gonna change back to my original board when i have time

#3 12 years ago

You could have fixed your original Power Driver Board for about $10 worth of parts. Hopefully you didn't throw it out because you could eBay it or get it repaired and have a spare.

Was the display board not working or just burned?

My DW has a Rottendog Power Driver board in it. It seems ok.

#4 12 years ago

Rotten dog is great. However, in this case, it probably would have been cheaper to pull the board and send it for repair. Reset issues are common, it would have been an easy fix. Plus you could have kept the game original.

#5 12 years ago

I wanted to have minimal down time with the machine,was quoted 3 to 4 wks. for repairs through Coin -Op Cauldron.Will have them repaired and updated and then will have a couple spare boards,it already has had a DMD board from JD put into it.Also I read that these new boards do not build as much heat.
Gotta go to work,everybody have a good one,keep flipping )

#6 12 years ago

I wish they would make a system 9 replacement board already

#7 12 years ago

Yah toyotaboy my friend wants the same thing,he emailed them last yr.,did not get a reply.
Try emailing them also,if they keep getting requests maybe they will produce some in the near future,couldn't hurt.

#8 12 years ago

I bought a DMD board the other day from them. It works fine, and at $89, it was cheaper than having the old board sent out. Might try and fix it at some point, but the new board works.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Thunderpants:

The clock says 12:34 Oct 22.....
and has done since 12:34 on Oct 22.

Dude, your machine can stop time

#10 12 years ago

I got a response from them about system 9 boards. Said they are 99.999% sure they won't be making them since only 3 pins (17k potential units) use this system

#11 12 years ago

Holy crap, I would of spent $5 on a bridge rectifier first.

1 year later
#12 10 years ago

Keith at K's sells NEW system 9 boards but is quickly running out. Jim will not be making system 9 boards. I read somewhere that you can use a system 11 board in a system 9 game with some minor changes. ALL my experiences with rottendog boards and their customer service are positive. Yes I have had some problems with the boards but think of what it would be like without a manufacturer of aftermarket boards. As far as NEW factory style boards, twobits dot com has those. I would buy ALL of the WPC boards replaced due to resetting.

#13 10 years ago

this thread is a year old.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

this thread is a year old.

Doesn't really apply to this thread, they have stopped time.

Quoted from TheDude:

Dude, your machine can stop time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-ordered-2-rottendog-boards-for-my-getaway-hsii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.