(Topic ID: 56190)

Just not feeling it lately....WozEC LE UPDATE!!!

By BigB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BigB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130713_220146_218.jpg
    IMG_20130713_222337_794.jpg
    IMG_20130713_222342_483.jpg
    throw-momma-from-the-train_528_poster..jpg
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Well had a great game of Ac/dc and Metallica and both had me smiling ear to ear. So I'm not done with this crazy hobby just yet.

"Welcome back" - TOTAN

#52 10 years ago

The stupid prices and constant bickering of pinside whiners has had me taking a break from pinside, but not so much pinball in general, but with a new juke in the living room and a few new games coming in, I have been pretty busy working on vid stuff.

I find that you can get burned out, so switch it up and concentrate on something else for a while.
    Try to help someone else, it always works for me to get out of my own head.

#53 10 years ago

Last night my buddy and I drove up to see a WH2O. Negotiated a fair price, loaded it up in his SUV, and then drove it back to his place.
    We avoided a disaster unloading the pin, (nearly dropped it but didn't) then got it downstairs and setup. Played a couple games and killed a couple beers.
    Didn't have enough time to clean it up before calling it a night, but can't wait to get back there to help make it shine.
    I was on my way home when I started to wonder why I was so happy with the way the night had been spent; lifting a 300 lb machine up and down stairs etc. The pin isn't even mine after all.
    Still, no regrets. Just being a part of the whole pinball hobby is fantastic in my opinion.
    Hope you get your groove back soon!

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

The stupid prices and constant bickering of pinside whiners has had me taking a break from pinside, but not so much pinball in general, but with a new juke in the living room and a few new games coming in, I have been pretty busy working on vid stuff.
    I find that you can get burned out, so switch it up and concentrate on something else for a while.
    Try to help someone else, it always works for me to get out of my own head.

I have been working on a Bally 8 Ball Deluxe LE for a friend of mine. It had a lot of issues with it and I almost have it ready to take back to him. He lives 3 hours away from me and I just happen to be going there tomorrow. I hope the final repairs in the morning fix the remaining issues and we can play it tomorrow night. This, I am excited about!! I did go downstairs today and played for about 30 minutes. I think that I just need to try some different titles. Will see..... I will update the thread as events change. Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. Later....... Big B

#55 10 years ago

I do think it is seasonal for many people. I'd much rather be outside in summer. Also, friends who might come over to play are also doing other things. It's healthy to have varied interests. And speaking of health, spending too much time standing in front of pinball machines makes me fat!

#56 10 years ago

Taking a break is always good. My kids are out for summer and I want to spend more time with them. I'm playing less but still enjoying it.

#57 10 years ago

Got the 8 Ball Deluxe fixed and returned to my friends place. Spent some time playing it and his other games. Just chillaxing and having a good time with my wife and fellow pinsiders NicToria. Going to a Woz party tonight so will get to see and play it for the first time. Starting to feel better about playing more. Will update about the WozEC LE tomorrow. Later..... Big B

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Got the 8 Ball Deluxe fixed and returned to my friends place. Spent some time playing it and his other games. Just chillaxing and having a good time with my wife and fellow pinsiders NicToria. Going to a Woz party tonight so will get to see and play it for the first time. Starting to feel better about playing more. Will update about the WozEC LE tomorrow. Later..... Big B

Glad to hear you are getting back into it a bit. The pinball bug is a tough one to shake so I had a feeling you would work it out. Playing with other people who know the rules to the game and play regularly really helps in my view.

#59 10 years ago

Been this way recently, decided a bit of retail therapy was in order so sold 8 games and bought a new acdc. Did feel like a weight off my shoulders. Now down to 11 pins, 7 of them sterns.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

I have not felt like playing much lately. Has this happened to you where you go thru times when you just don't feel much like pplaying? And I'm not talking about the seasonal dips where you play more in the winter and less in the summer.

Yes.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I do think it is seasonal

Sorry Pinball I love ya but getting out on two wheels smokes playing in the basement all day long.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry Pinball I love ya but getting out on two wheels smokes playing in the basement all day long.

Getting out on four wheels doing this does as well:

And yes, I know your two-wheeler can go a heckuva lot faster than what was in the video although the car is better for long distance road trips. IMO of course.

#63 10 years ago

Played the WozEC LE last night. I must say, even if you are not a fan of the title theme, you will have fun playing this pin. I only got to play 2 games on it. Game 1, I scored 35,000 points. Game 2, 95,000 points. It looks incredible! Got to view the underside of the playfield. Impressive!! The machine looks like it's built like a brick shithouse!! Can't wait to see what they come up with for The Hobbit. Is the quality going to be equal to, <, or >, the Oz? 2 Thumbs up for JJP!! Stern definitely needs to step up to the plate to hang with JJP on quality, build, technology, etc.... Had a great time. Later....Big B

#64 10 years ago

I know, I know, I know! Pictures or it didn't happen!

IMG_20130713_222342_483.jpgIMG_20130713_222342_483.jpg IMG_20130713_222337_794.jpgIMG_20130713_222337_794.jpg

#65 10 years ago

One more.

IMG_20130713_220146_218.jpgIMG_20130713_220146_218.jpg

#66 10 years ago

??
    You posting in the right thread?

#67 10 years ago

Whenever I get tired of playing I go out and buy another fixer upper. I can keep myself going if I switch between playing and restoring/repairing. After a week or two of fixing up games, I get back into playing. Especially on the game I just spent the week or two working on.

#68 10 years ago

There's nothing wrong with taking a hiatus. However, it's always nice when the bug comes back and you can throw down a good long pinball session; very therapeutic.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

??
    You posting in the right thread?

If you follow my previous posts, I said that I was going to a pinball party and was going to get to play a WozEC LE and that I would update with my thoughts.

#70 10 years ago

Got it so WOZ fixed the feeling?

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Got it so WOZ fixed the feeling?

Was only able to play 2 games on the Woz but they were electrifying!! I also got to play a bunch of other games that I have not played before or very little. MM, Sopranos, MB, AFM, TF, LOTR, SM, JD, T2, Bad Cats.... Between the games at the party and the games at NicToria's, I am definitely feeling a lot better. I really had a great time this weekend and wish to thank NicToria for hosting my family Friday and Saturday and to Chris from the I.P.C. for hosting the Woz party. Kudos to each!

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Was only able to play 2 games on the Woz but they were electrifying!!

Sounds like a great Woz party!.......

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like a great Woz party!.......

It was an awesome good time. Family friendly, good food, clean fun. Great hosts! My wife and son had a good time! What else could you ask for?

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-not-feeling-it-lately/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.