Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tardis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    DSCN1370.JPG
    SS-stairs.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

You needed an Escalera to move 5 of these:
    God help you man!

#52 10 years ago

I wouldn't know how hard this is. I haven't moved a full machine up a flight of stairs...

#53 10 years ago

Anyway, nicely done.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis041:

I wouldn't know how hard this is. I haven't moved a full machine up a flight of stairs...

300 plus pounds of Awkwardness!

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

300 plus pounds of Awkwardness!

Using straps, if you have carpeted stairs, and a couple of guys...it's not too bad. A buddy of mine and I moved a STTNG up the stairs in about 90 seconds using it. I really need to take some photos of how this works the next time I do it (which will hopefully be tomorrow).

Having said that, I'd MUCH rather have an Escalera!!!

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Using straps, if you have carpeted stairs, and a couple of guys...it's not too bad. A buddy of mine and I moved a STTNG up the stairs in about 90 seconds using it. I really need to take some photos of how this works the next time I do it (which will hopefully be tomorrow).
    Having said that, I'd MUCH rather have an Escalera!!!

It's funny how many people show up to help when they hear the word 'beer'

#57 10 years ago

Think how much beer you will save for yourself by buying an Escalera. Why in just a few years it will pay for itself in beer savings. No more paying them to help with beer!

#58 10 years ago

OK here is a video of me moving a Flintstones up some stairs. More to come.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Think how much beer you will save for yourself by buying an Escalera. Why in just a few years it will pay for itself in beer savings. No more paying them to help with beer!

Think about how much beer I can buy for the price of a Escalera!
    Cool dolly though!

#60 10 years ago

Ok.. Thats it, Send me a pricing for a 6' model.

#61 10 years ago

it me and two other guys to move a pin from my basement about 23steps and it was not fun for the guy at top holding it. i would get one of these if i had the cash for it. definantly something to have

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

OK here is a video of me moving a Flintstones up some stairs. More to come.
    » YouTube video

You make it look easy Larry. Can you show a video moving the pin down a few steps. When I use my escalera I worry about it getting away from me and rolling down the next step.
    Thanks.

#63 10 years ago

I bought a new one in Canada. Well worth it, but it came in over $3k in tax & shipping in Canada. If you move pins a lot, you have to do moving yourself.

#64 10 years ago

You make it look easy Larry. Can you show a video moving the pin down a few steps. When I use my escalera I worry about it getting away from me and rolling down the next step.
    Thanks

I posted some more videos under a new topic called "Escalera videos" I show the forklift attachment and up and down steps.

Larry

#65 10 years ago

I did two down and one up on Saturday and even with the Escalera I was a little sore. At least possible!

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Thanks
    I posted some more videos under a new topic called "Escalera videos" I show the forklift attachment and up and down steps.

Those are nice intro videos Larry. In time, it would be great if you could eventually add full demo videos to include:

1. Going all the way up a full stair case with a pin.
    2. Then all the way down.
    3. All the way up or down a curved staircase if you can find one.
    4. Maybe a vid with a landing too.

A mini video library if you will that's both a How-To resouce, as well a full demo of typical move challenges faced by Pinheads.

Use a Williams Superpin if you can for extra selling power!

Best of luck with your company.

#67 10 years ago

What does it weigh?

#68 10 years ago

You are the Man !

#69 10 years ago

Ironically I used my Escalera for the first time going down the steps. I thought my "spotter" below me was helping to manage the weight, when I asked if he was Ok- I realized he was at the bottom of the stairs (away from the base) telling me "I looked OK!".....LOL.

I was totally surprised to know he literally wasn't doing anything.

Two thumbs up on my expensive- but necessary purchase.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

What does it weigh?

The Escalera weighs 77 lbs.

#71 10 years ago

Hi Larry.
    Would you be able to place a link to your videos in this thread please. I can't seem to find them.
    Thank you

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Hi Larry.
    Would you be able to place a link to your videos in this thread please. I can't seem to find them.
    Thank you

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-videos

Hope this works I had a hard time finding them as well

#73 10 years ago

The irony is that if I had an escalera, I would trade it for a nice pinball machine

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

The irony is that if I had an escalera, I would trade it for a nice pinball machine

I think the best option is to have a friend with an escalera, but not to own one ourselves

#75 10 years ago

I agree that an escalera is expensive. Just ask anyone who has been injured moving pins. I am sure they wished they used he escalera. Kneeand back injuries are way more expensive than an escalera.

#76 10 years ago

Yesterday I moved a Funhouse, which is 29" at the head, up a 29.5" wide basement stairway with my Escalera. It was a thing of beauty.

#77 10 years ago

For those of you who don't know Larry he has owned a staggering number of pinball machines. The vast majority of those I helped move. Were talking up and down stairs 4 stories one time,hills,ramps,concrete,dirt,grass,asphalt,gravel,snow 8 inches deep, in and out of 4 wheel drive trucks,cars and trailers you name it we did it. Along with jukebox's,arcade machines,bowling machines,slot machines,remote speakers, 30's 40's penny arcade machines even a dam roller coaster car, that was heavy. Basically anything you can put a coin in over the years we moved it and almost all the time I was on the heavy end. The ESCALERA changed everything with the big wheels and the fork lift option there isn't anything you can't move buy you're self safely. So Save a helper buy an escalera.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-moved-5-pinballs-up-a-flight-of-stairs-using-my-escalera-by-myself/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.