Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tardis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    DSCN1370.JPG
    SS-stairs.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Yep title says it all. Its a shameless plug to buy one from me. Try doing this without one, ok maybe you young guys can do it but I'm old.

Kitch
    [email protected]

#2 10 years ago

To help your sales.

Young guys can do it.

But if you want your body to be in good shape when you are older. Buy one of these frikken things while there is still time.

You wouldn't believe what damage you can all do moving stuff, until you are getting put back together.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But if you want your body to be in good shape

And your pins... and your house...

#4 10 years ago

I can get more than 5 pinballs in my pockets and I'm gettin' old.
    (Just not the whole machines. )

#5 10 years ago

You should post pics or a video.

#6 10 years ago

Escalera rules!

#7 10 years ago

Yes best money I ever spent on my pinball machines was my add-on Escalera!

#8 10 years ago

I'm saving a five gallon water jug of change to buy one I'm about half way there.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

You should post pics or a video.

Yes, video please.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for rubbing it in Larry!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Young guys can do it.

But if you want your body to be in good shape when you are older

At what point are we older and no longer young?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Yes, video please.

There is one on the website.

http://www.escalera.com/

Here is one for the lectro truck

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If your asking this question than you are probably already there.

I do want one of these and have my own savings jar going as well. I cant stop getting older but I can do it without feeling the hurt.

#14 10 years ago

I just moved one up and one down yesterday (with an Escalera) and there is no freaking way I'd do it by myself. The Escalera still rules though.

#15 10 years ago

That thing does look handy. I don't have any stairs, but I have helped move pins up and down them.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When you no longer grab the side pockets on a 4 by 8 Valley pool table and pick it up yourself.

Or when the doctor looking at your X-Rays pukes.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

There is one on the website.
    http://www.escalera.com/
    Here is one for the lectro truck
    » YouTube video

Can't watch either video All lines and gobbldy gook. So cut to the chase because I'm not getting any younger at 42. How much are they?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

How much are they?

Cheaper than surgery.

PM the OP for details. Great person to deal with.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Cheaper than surgery.

I don't know, I've got great insurance and I might as well use it.

J/K PM sent.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Cheaper than surgery.

That, I can vouch for.

#21 10 years ago

I have to move a Flintstones I'm almost done shopping out so when I do I will post a video. I'll get this posted in the next day or two. You really can do it yourself. I'll even put a pinball in my hand while moving one on my Escalera for you jokesters.

Kitch

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When you no longer grab the side pockets on a 4 by 8 Valley pool table and pick it up yourself.
    Or when the doctor looking at your X-Rays pukes.

And no one should be able to do this unless it's a pretty cheap-o table

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

And no one should be able to do this unless it's a pretty cheap-o table

4 by 8 Valley pool table isn't a cheap-o, a guy I worked with would lean over the table and pick it up and carry it that way. I'd get the door for him.

I've known movers in coin op that would amaze you. Ray Benson and his partner would pick up the ball bowlers that were two lanes wide ( two stand up heads too ) one man each end and walk with them.

They don't age well though. You see them in their later years and it ain't pretty.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

I'm saving a five gallon water jug of change to buy one I'm about half way there.

Not glass I hope.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Yep title says it all. Its a shameless plug to buy one from me. Try doing this without one, ok maybe you young guys can do it but I'm old.
    Kitch
    [email protected]

Escalera rules. Kitch rules. Buy one and buy it from Kitch. Money very well spent. I LOVE mine. I'm still nervous going down with it, but I'm getting there. I just have to learn to trust it more. That first step is always pucker time!

#26 10 years ago

I don't know if I need it. After NAVL delivered my SS to the garage I moved it from there, across the lawn, up on to the back steps, through two doors and down the basement steps and set it up by myself. I'm 60 and 160lbs. Don't EVEN ask me about getting it UP the stairs...but I'm sure I'd find a way.

#27 10 years ago

Larry is a great guy. Very easy to deal with. I bought my escalera ms 60 from him. Worth every penny. I have already moved 2 pins and 2 dressers up stairs myself. I have one person help me going down stairs by just holding some forward pressure on the machine so it doesn't roll off the step. Once I get used to it I will be able to do it myself. It is sort of expensive but much cheaper than 8 months of physical therapy that I know one person had to endure from a knee injury moving a pin. By the way the one of the pins I moved was a TZ.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm still nervous going down with it

Ya, down is trickier than up.

#29 10 years ago

Sounds fantastic in theory, but I have:

1. A curved staircase.
    2. Not only that, the curved staircase has a nice glossy, stained-wood furniture-type finish.

How well will the product work with these variables thrown into the equation?

#30 10 years ago

OK my guess is $ 1200

#31 10 years ago

I picked up one probably a year ago. My only complaint is why did i wait so long to get one. It really is great being able to get games in and out by myself. If anyone is on the fence, just get one already.

rob

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

My only complaint is why did i wait so long to get one.

That was my thoughts when I got a good appliance dolly, pinball cart, lift gate on the truck.

Should have been years sooner when most of me still worked.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

1. A curved staircase.
    2. Not only that, the curved staircase has a nice glossy, stained-wood furniture-type finish.

I have a Lectro Truck. No problem on finished hardwood stairs. The hard rubber pads are what contact the steps. Same with the rubber wheels. I've moved pins and slots up and down winding (circular) stairways.

I imagine the Escalara performs the same. I bought mine when my wife had to go to the ER after helping me move some Bally System 5000 (pos) slots it caused her blood pressure to skyrocket. No more. My Lectro Truck is my "wife saver".

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

1. A curved staircase.

The 60 inch escalera should be able to maneuver within a curved staircase. As for the nicely finished steps; the escalera is designed so the wheels will not rub or touch the leading edge of the step going up or down. They show this feature in the video on the escalera website. I can say that it actually does work. Before I moved my pins with the escalera I practiced with a few lighter items like an empty small book shelf. Once you get the hang of it you can move large loads without damaging yourself or your house.

#35 10 years ago

My stairs have a tight right angle turn midstairs. The platform at which point the stairs make the right angle turn is just big enough for a dolly and pin... But not big enough to allow them to ROTATE 90 degrees and continue down the stairs.

The only way to get them down the stairs is to dolly it until two steps above the platform. Then LIFT and rotate gradually those last two steps so that the facing is properly rotated 90 degrees by the time the platform is reached. Has to be muscled plain and simple, and it sucks.

I don't suppose an Escalara could help with that?

#36 10 years ago

My Escalera was one of the best purchases I've EVER made. Saved my marriage...or at least a lot of frustration...
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#37 10 years ago

Are there places that will rent these out?

#38 10 years ago

Landings are a problem with lots of staircases. Have you tried putting something like a rug or cardboard that you can use to spin the game 90 degrees instead of being muscled up? Once turned then you can use the Escalera again. The 60 inch is better in those situations since it takes up less space when you tip it but you lose leverage for other situations.

Pie shaped steps are also problematic. I don't have a good answer for those but I have done it once. It wasn't pretty and I didn't do it by myself that time.

You don't have to worry about the finish of the wood or the carpeting as the Escalera won't damage either.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

Are there places that will rent these out?

Check around, some do.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

To help your sales.
    Young guys can do it.
    But if you want your body to be in good shape when you are older. Buy one of these frikken things while there is still time.
    You wouldn't believe what damage you can all do moving stuff, until you are getting put back together.

Yep, learned the hard way ... moved a Roadshow in January up the steepest stairs through bilko doors. Long story short: torn cartilage in my right knee. Had to remove portions of the cartilage to stop my knee from locking. I'm done ... no more pin moving on anything but ground level.

#41 10 years ago

Excellent device, highly recommend using one, at least going up stairs. The appliance dolly with skids works fine going down, just not as smoothly.

I'm moving a couple this weekend, but all going down stairs, so I think I'll just use the normal dolly.

#42 10 years ago

Nice! Ehh, just wish I had one of those 3 weeks ago when I brought home my first pin (up 2 and half flights of stairs).

SS-stairs.jpgSS-stairs.jpg

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Nice! Ehh, just wish I had one of those 3 weeks ago when I brought home my first pin (up 2 and half flights of stairs).

With those tight angles I would have removed the backbox and pf ... or get the Escalera.

#44 10 years ago

I don't have any steps to worry about moving my pins up or down, but after watching the Lectro truck video, it makes me want to build some steps so that I can use one of those things... LOL
    Those things are awesome!

#45 10 years ago

Although I have no stairs to climb, it still might be a worthy investment.

DSCN1370.JPGDSCN1370.JPG

#46 10 years ago

Stair climbers are a "game changer" for this hobby. Personally, I have and like my LectroTruck. But, I've used and Escalera and friends have them as well. They both accomplish the same task.

But, if you have to haul games up and down stairs, a stair climber is must have in my opinion!

Jaz

#47 10 years ago

Escalera video is lousy. Does not show one clip of the item in action.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

1. A curved staircase.

You need to be careful with how the staircliming wheels are oriented on the track. I just effed up my hardwood with an Escalera the other day. If the wheels aren't set right, then the metal piece that connects the wheel to the chain can damage your floor (probably not in stair climbing mode) when you're pushing around on a flat surface. Now I know what to watch out for.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Although I have no stairs to climb, it still might be a worthy investment.

You know, they make 'wheels' for pinball machines right?

ebay.com link: 4 PC PINBALL MACHINE LEG DOLLY CASTER SKATE WHEEL MOVER SET MOVING

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

You know, they make 'wheels' for pinball machines right?

Those do look nice.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-moved-5-pinballs-up-a-flight-of-stairs-using-my-escalera-by-myself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.