Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DiggerPSU
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gannicus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Installed this for my brother in his brand new Star Trek Pro, is a Stern shaker motor from the Game Room Guys.

Everything installed beautifully, I zip tied all the molex connectors at the front of the cab out of the way so they weren't resting on the plastic housing. Despite all that, once the game get's going, every time the shaker motor fires, you here a plastic buzzing sound. I've checked the plastic housing, and it is firmly seated on the shaker motor with the two provided screws. There is absolutely no play in the housing. At this point, all I can figure is the shaker arms are somehow buzzing against the plastic housing.

Is this a normal problem when installing these Stern motors?

#4 10 years ago

Aurich that's exactly my next troubleshooting step, but won't get another try till the weekend.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 10 years ago

Excellent thing to check caker137, thank you. Will check that as well.

#8 10 years ago

Fabiofpc, I zip tied them out of the way. There was absolutely nothing touching the plastic enclosure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gannicus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-shaker-on-star-trek-pro-loud-vibrating-noises?tu=Gannicus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.