Just installed Pinnovators PinPAC 7 + Roto-MAC on my CGC AFMr

By Mr_Tantrum

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CG_MAC_Installation_Manual_Ver1p3 (1).pdf (PDF preview)
Pinpac_7_CG1_CG2_CG3_Installation_Manual_Ver2p2.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0248 (resized).JPG
IMG_0245 (resized).JPG
IMG_0246 (resized).JPG
IMG_0247 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

After a year plus of wanting an external volume control solution for my Attack From Mars Remake LE, I finally decided to move forward with the Pinnovators PinPAC 7 Roto-MAC CG3. At first I was skeptical thinking that the PinPAC solution only addressed headphone volume, but Sandra at Pinnovators (sales support) was extremely informative and helpful in explaining that they do have external volume control options for CGC pins. Within hours of emailing a sales inquiry, Sandra had provided me details with all of my options, links to videos on how some of them worked, and even promptly answered all of my follow-up questions until I was confident with my decision. Having all of my questions answered, I was ready to purchase.

I was out of town for the Independence Day weekend, but when I arrived home today a package from Pinnovators was awaiting me on the front porch. I opened the box, made sure everything was there, then hit the website for installation instructions. Unfortunately, I only sall the PinPAC 7 install directions and not the directions for the Roto-MAC (the accessory that allows you to adjust the cabinet speaker volume). I moved forward and decided to go ahead and install the PinPAC. Installation was simple given the easy to follow instructions with photos showing everything needed for each step. I got everything done in about 15 minutes, and it worked like a charm the first time - headphone jack, headphone volume control, and cabinet speaker on/off switch.

Knowing it was already late and today is a day off for most, I figured I'd send Sandra an email so I could get a response tomorrow regarding how to connect the Roto-MAC to control the external volume. To my surprise, in just a few minutes she had responded to my email and sent me a link to the installation manual. After taking a closer look, I realized the manual for this part was on their site the entire time, but in a different section towards the bottom of the page. Armed with the new install guide, I read through it and performed the install in about 10 minutes. Again, everything worked perfectly the first time I tested.

Pinnovators actually makes 3 different cabinet speaker volume control options depending upon your coin door setup and preference, but I'll leave that up to individual buyers to research. I chose the dial version since that's similar to what I have on my other pins. The dial that controls the speaker volume actually has a tactile click for each incremental volume change (i.e. one click clockwise raised the volume by one and one click counter-clockwise lowers the volume by one). The way it works (layman's description) is when you turn the dial it makes the machine think the coin door is open and you are using the volume up/down buttons. One click of the dial and you see "coin door open" message and volume goes up one. You can repeat this one click at a time, but I quickly learned if you click multiple clicks rapidly in succession (say 4) then you see the message pop up on the DMD once and the volume increments up 4 levels.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with my purchase and this mod is available for the current 3 CGC titles (as well as others, I'm sure) | Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, and Monster Bash. I highly recommend it to anyone who would like to add the ability to control the cabinet speaker volume from an external control.

Coin Door from Outside
IMG_0247 (resized).JPGIMG_0247 (resized).JPG

Coin Door from Inside
IMG_0248 (resized).JPGIMG_0248 (resized).JPG

Also, I decided to add one of Pinnovators' PINpeg magnetic headphone holders to my order (actually, I did this first since it was so simple). They have several versions to choose from, and I selected their black Bar Knob. These are great as they stick via magnetism anywhere you want to place it on one of the pin's legs. They even have felt on the magnetic area that makes contact to avoid scratching the leg's finish.

IMG_0246 (resized).JPGIMG_0246 (resized).JPG
IMG_0245 (resized).JPGIMG_0245 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2 2 years ago

I had the same great service with them and just install the PinPAC 7 Roto-MAC CG3 on my MB SE.
Works great! Quickly learned to only give the external volume knob 1 click at a time.
Maybe took me 15 min to do the whole thing.
I really like how it come with the external sub hook up.
It's about double the price of the ones for stern spike 2 bit I think worth it.

CG_MAC_Installation_Manual_Ver1p3 (1).pdfCG_MAC_Installation_Manual_Ver1p3 (1).pdfPinpac_7_CG1_CG2_CG3_Installation_Manual_Ver2p2.pdfPinpac_7_CG1_CG2_CG3_Installation_Manual_Ver2p2.pdf
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-pinnovators-pinpac-7-roto-mac-on-my-cgc-afmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.