(Topic ID: 228380)

Just hit 40, another poll, when will you stop?

By ToucanF16

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by t2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“At what point do you stop buying?”

• 3, when the home office is full 10 votes
      13%
    • 7, when they spill over into the dining room 15 votes
      19%
    • 10, when you start parking on the driveway because pins fill the garage 3 votes
      4%
    • 15, when the wife decides she wants her sunroom back 3 votes
      4%
    • 20, when he wife says she’s leaving if you buy another pin 4 votes
      5%
    • 30, when the house and storage unit are at capacity 10 votes
      13%
    • 40, when you start loaning them to friends 8 votes
      10%
    • 50, when you start placing them on route 4 votes
      5%
    • More... 23 votes
      29%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

house (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, seems I’ve been on an acquisition mission lately. I just sent in my order for TNA, my first NIB. This brings my collection to forty. I think it’s about time to stop! At what point have you decided enough is enough?

#2 5 years ago

I couldn’t resist!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Wish i had room for 40...

I don’t have room either, but will! Drawing up plans for standalone mancave to house my trains, jukeboxes, pins and shop.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I have 23 downstairs, 3 upstairs, 1 in the garage, 1 at my bro's GF's house and 2 at a friend's house. Honestly 23 is a good number for me but eh, why not have fun with the sickness!

There are worse things you can do with yours time and resources!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Toucanf16, Where's your collection? In Hong Kong? You must be a billionaire!!
    [quoted image]

I wish! I actually live in a van down by the river! (always wanted to say that!)
    Seriously, I actually live in a 700 ft.² (65 m²) highrise Hong Kong flat with absolute no room for pinball. I can barely walk around the foot of my bed without hitting the wall! Kitchen is barely big enough for one person. My collection is back in the USA.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I ended up having to buy a new house for my machines. Well, the last house was actually too small for the wife and I, but I made damn sure we got something with a big ass basement for a lot of machines. It's a Cape Cod which apparently means story and a half. The 1st floor is a little over 2,200sq ft which, as you might have guessed, makes the basement a little over 2,200 sq ft.
    Now I just have to get the damn thing done. I'm going on the 3 year mark, but I'm close.....really close. I just need to finish the flooring and buy some granite for the bar. I'd be done by now if I'd just stop buying more machines.

Send pics!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-hit-40-another-poll-when-will-you-stop?tu=toucanf16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.