(Topic ID: 32108)

Just heard from good source, Avengers ships with finished code:)

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charlie_brown.jpg
    images.jpeg
    TheHomer.jpg
    Cobie_Smulders.jpg
    There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

And it will blow you away

#2 11 years ago

That would be a first, mabe Stern is listening to the talk on the forums..... I'm just hoping one will be in the wild for me to play!!!!

#3 11 years ago

If true, that would be a huge step in the right direction. Looking forward to playing one

#4 11 years ago

I hope your inside scoop turns out to be true.

#5 11 years ago

This would be great news.

#6 11 years ago

I just took this thread with a salt quarry.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

If true, that would be a huge step in the right direction. Looking forward to playing one

+1, Where's the holding-my-breath emoticon?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

LOL.

That picture of Gomez standing with the machine strikes me, he looks pretty proud. Take that for what it's worth.

#9 11 years ago

/ me checks date to see if is April 1

#10 11 years ago

Gomez has also said the light shows are amazing on Avengers. I really like the LED boards on AC/DC so this could be great.

#11 11 years ago

Please let me know to sit down before you tell me this.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

+1000

#13 11 years ago

Finished in who's eyes lonnies? yup it takes a quarter and a ball flops over in the lane good enough for me.

#14 11 years ago

Well finally we get a justification for the price increase. The game ships as it should, tack on another $400 bucks.

#15 11 years ago

is code ever really finished? I guess it depends on your perspective (users always want something more, different or just a simple bug fixed).

#16 11 years ago

Man U guys are hard on Lonnie.

#17 11 years ago

I hope you are correct. That would mean the team is satisfied with all rules and sound and speech. I would assume bug fixes would still be done as needed. I hope Lonnie stepped up and hid some stuff not on the rule card, too.

#18 11 years ago

Why did Gomez have a frown when he was standing next to
    Transformers?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

Man U guys are hard on Lonnie.

Based on the past, I don't know what anyone else would expect.

#20 11 years ago

Maybe all the modes will be in there, but code tweaks come for EVERY pinball machine. Look how many ROM revisions the B/W DMD games had. Some of the best pinball machines received lots of updates.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Some of the best pinball machines received lots of updates.

Maybe that is the key - the more updates, the better the game (in the long run).

#22 11 years ago

Im sure we will have a thread bitc** about it anyway!

I have a bunch of complaints lined up and I have no plans to own this machine.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

Im sure we will have a thread bitc** about it anyway!

I have a bunch of complaints lined up and I have no plans to own this machine.

Fine then...I'll prepare some blind defenses even though I probably won't have one either!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

That would be a first...

I know it was a really, really long time ago (less than 3 years), but both BBH and IM shipped with pretty much completed code.

I had a feeling they would get back on track about the same time OZ shipped. Not hard to figure out what's going on here.

Quoted from jar155:

Maybe all the modes will be in there, but code tweaks come for EVERY pinball machine. Look how many ROM revisions the B/W DMD games had. Some of the best pinball machines received lots of updates.

BSD only had one revision. That game turned out okay.

#25 11 years ago

Good one!

#26 11 years ago

Actually this is a big bummer to me. Here is why. Lonnie is known not to be the best guy for rules. If they consider the code complete then the SW team will move into another project. Our chance as a community to ask for specific changes and features ends when the code is completed. From our experience with TFLE, it's like pulling teeth to get Lonnie to make changes once the code is complete. During the development cycle, we can suggest changes and rule changes. While they may not all get implemented, some will especially if the dev team is already working on the code and likes the suggestion. In this case, we are going to be stuck with whatever rules they've decided. This could include being forced to beat a very difficult hulk mb to progress the game with nothing else to do. I guess we will see.

#27 11 years ago

You can already see that you will have to shoot each avenger 4 times to start their mode. I just hope the objective of said mode is not shooting that same avenger again multiple times. I hope the comment of being blown away is true.

#28 11 years ago

Are you talking about the Premium?

#29 11 years ago

I have a very bad feeling if that is true.
    However, I doubt it will be complete in the sense of updates go. Source must have never bought a NIB Pinball.

#30 11 years ago

We had a governor here in Michigan who said that a few years ago...and...ah....

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Actually this is a big bummer to me. Here is why. Lonnie is known not to be the best guy for rules. If they consider the code complete then the SW team will move into another project. Our chance as a community to ask for specific changes and features ends when the code is completed. From our experience with TFLE, it's like pulling teeth to get Lonnie to make changes once the code is complete. During the development cycle, we can suggest changes and rule changes. While they may not all get implemented, some will especially if the dev team is already working on the code and likes the suggestion. In this case, we are going to be stuck with whatever rules they've decided. This could include being forced to beat a very difficult hulk mb to progress the game with nothing else to do. I guess we will see.

One of the biggest things that pissed me off when i was on the phone with lonnie about tf. He told me TF WAS HIS AND GEORGES GAME. They view it as there personal game. Almost like we like it so screw off. Now i tried to convey to him while thats great and all you dont have 500 tf le's in your house now do you.......He failed to see my point that his customers where more important than his ego. Now i can get the whole its mine thing shit i call cars i have restored mine when they are not but i dont lay claim to the title so to speak.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This whole incomplete/half assed initial code thing is a pain in the ass...

BUT, it has given US the opprotunity to help get the kind of rules and content we are all lokking for or would like...

thats the bonus of having it part done, or getting the rough version...

They read everything we say, and take alot if not most of it into consideration...

Even if AV's ships with "completed code"..or 90% code, we will still be giving opinions and suggestions or pointing out faults that may have been overlooked...

updates will come, and they will be welcomed..but the thought of a great soild rulset and finished up " or mostly finished up code job, at delivery, is very, very nice...

#33 11 years ago

Aren't you the same dude who said Haunted House would be JJP #2?

#34 11 years ago

It will ship with Black Widow music, we know that for sure now...

#35 11 years ago

Yep haunted house was pure wishful thinking

#36 11 years ago

God she gives me WOOD !

#37 11 years ago

Yep haunted house was pure wishful thinking

oh... in that case.

Hope you're right about totan.... errrr... i mean Avengers.

#38 11 years ago

I hope you are right.

That would be a good step in the right direction.

LTG : )

#39 11 years ago

blow me away? sounds pretty fruity if you ask me...

#40 11 years ago

I like getting blown

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I like getting blown

you should buy a Whirlwind!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

Fruity? Like Cirqus Voltaire?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

Depends on which Avenger is doing the blowing.

#44 11 years ago

A Whirlwind? You have to stop playing so much pinball. All I need to buy is a nice dinner.

#45 11 years ago

I'd take the chick in the Helicarrier, forgot here name ....

The brunette....

Shes my flavor....

#46 11 years ago

If it ships with "finished" code, we better like it, right? Glad they have done so much real world testing of the code-lots of machines on test, suggestions from players taken and implemented, and the last endeavor by these guys was so well received . Sounds like "we are done with this one, moving on to other projects, hope you like what we did cuz it's staying that way"

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I'd take the chick in the Helicarrier, forgot here name ....
    The brunette....
    Shes my flavor....

That's Cobie Smulders (aka Agent Maria Hill). Very pretty girl!

Cobie_Smulders.jpgCobie_Smulders.jpg

#48 11 years ago

I need a roll of paper towels.....OOOOOps

#49 11 years ago

"Ships with finished code!" It's pretty sad that this is news.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

If it ships with "finished" code, we better like it, right? Glad they have done so much real world testing of the code-lots of machines on test, suggestions from players taken and implemented, and the last endeavor by these guys was so well received . Sounds like "we are done with this one, moving on to other projects, hope you like what we did cuz it's staying that way"

I fear this may be the case. Hopefully they are open to suggestions.

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-heard-from-good-source-avengers-ships-with-finished-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.