(Topic ID: 6357)

Just had one of those nights...

By guymontag451

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4585.JPG
    10.jpg
    randywat1.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Got outta work early, went to grab ONE beer and play a little pinball. When I got to the pin room, there were people on every machine except for the TOM. I saddled up, put one dollar in and played for almost two hours.

I GC'ed it. Then I GC'ed myself. And then AGAIN! And then some more initials followed that. I probably hit about 12 replays in all. I started to gather a crowd.

I looked at the clock realized that in all my energetic, fast-flippin' fun that two hours had passed. I gave away the remainder of my 8 replays to the other pinheads and walked out a champ.

Pinball just turned a hard long week into a wonderful beginning to my weekend.The rain has returned here to Portland, but I couldn't care less. Pinball is such an awesome release, and I love how you can never know when you're gonna be "completely in the zone" like I was tonight.

Footnote: I am NOT an exceptional player. And this is not common for me to dominate like this, nor am I bragging. I just wanted to share the night I had and hear my fellow pinsider's stories about their moment in arcade glory. Anyone else share some of their "Ahead of the curve" nights?

#2 12 years ago

Very cool. I have not played that machine but love the look of it. I just found out from another pinsider that there is a MM in my area that I am likely to hit up after work soon. Have not played that one either.

Pinball is such a great release! Sorry no story yet.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

and walked out a champ.

I picture you walking out like Randy Watson does at the end of this song... Great story.

"That boy good!"

#4 12 years ago

Hey Congrats. That's awesome. I bet the op owning that machine doesn't like your story.

#5 12 years ago

ToM is a great game, and congrats on completing it 3 times in a row. I could never pull that off.

#6 12 years ago

My story:
    I had a party 9/21/11 and the 9th rated pinball player in the world came to it, Trent Augenstein.
    http://www.pinballrankings.com/
    I didn't know he was coming so I didn't think of anything to ask him. I was more concerned about the success of the party. I had a tournament going on the AFM dollar a game and the top 4 played for the $$$. He knocked one out of the park and on to Mars.
    Should I have handed him a sharpie and asked him to sign the pin or what?

10.jpg10.jpg IMG_4585.JPGIMG_4585.JPG

Post edited by Loupie : add

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Hey Congrats. That's awesome. I bet the op owning that machine doesn't like your story.

Don't worry, he gets plenty of my quarters

Quoted from kwiKimart:

ToM is a great game, and congrats on completing it 3 times in a row. I could never pull that off.

I've definitely had games as good as these before, just never sequentially like that. And don't say that you'll never be able to do it. I never thought I would either, until it happened tonight. I'm an accomplished player no doubt, but certainly not a consistently awesome one. Had a 7.7 bil 1st ball on AFM last week (finished with 14.8 bil) and then played five more games with my gf and only broke one billion twice more after that game (and barely at that) not even close to another replay. But so it goes...

Loupie, that must've been fun. I got to watch Bowen/Elwin play a few games at a tourney here in the spring and it can be mesmerizing watching some of the best players in the world hit one outta the park and see all those modes and stuff that you're always trying to see but never quite get to yourself.

#8 12 years ago

Great story Guy and thanks for sharing. I think its great release and a game that DOES take skill, and I like that. I will say I am very jealous of all you guys in Portland having the bar scene with the all the pins still around. I have a friend I need to visit there, and this is one more reason to go!

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, I'd like to see some of the top 10 play against each other for something.
    Your TOM story made me think of another high score.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I have a friend I need to visit there, and this is one more reason to go!

Hit me up if you ever make the trip, I've said it before but if any pinsider makes it out my way I will show you the town, where the beer is cold and the pins are maintained.

#11 12 years ago

Amazing skill

Sounds like a great night

Must be just me, but out of the 5 pins I own, I am finding TOM the hardest? Go figure! Set up steep and 3 balls so at this rate Grand Finale seems a long way a way!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-had-one-of-those-nights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.